Vuelta spoiler 12th Sep

Roadrash Dunc

Aug 19, 2004
Hamilton has blown with still half a 3rd cat , a 2nd cat and HC climb to go.
The field is looking battered all over but Hamilton looks especially bad :(

He is back to the rear of the Peloton with a 3rd cat and HC climb to go but his wrist and/or back still doesnt seem to like steep roads.

You can get live audio on the Eurosport website if our Yank cousins arent getting any tv or radio coverage.

USPS are driving the peloton hard now , trying to catch the breakaway a few minutes down the road.

Roadrash Dunc said:
He is back to the rear of the Peloton with a 3rd cat and HC climb to go but his wrist and/or back still doesnt seem to like steep roads.

You can get live audio on the Eurosport website if our Yank cousins arent getting any tv or radio coverage.

USPS are driving the peloton hard now , trying to catch the breakaway a few minutes down the road.
Dunc..you're breaking my heart man..you're breaking my heart.

S**8! Tylers thrown it today - when Heras and the winner of todays stage crossed the line , race radio said he was over 7 mins down.Hes going to lose 10 minutes today.DAMN im gutted.

Landis hangs onto Gold though , came in 50 seconds down - hung on well on well in that last killer climb.
But Heras and the other pure climbers are looknig good and have 3 more days of this carnage to come.
Its gonna be another Spanish climber this year i get the feeling.This tour is brutal but so exciting.

Hope Tyler makes a comeback and wins a stage in the mountains like he did in the TDf IN 2003.

No way for Tyler..he is too bad! Only stage he can win is the second TT if he will not abandon!

Roadrash Dunc said:
Hope Tyler makes a comeback and wins a stage in the mountains like he did in the TDf IN 2003.

From your lips to God's ears...I had such high hopes for him in this Tour. Oh well, not to write him off. I sometimes think the only way to slow Hamilton down is drive an oak stake through his heart.

He lost 10:52 today! And Valjavec the same! He was in breakaway with Cardenas and Lastras and he had to go back to help Tyler! Ohh I hate team tactics like this..

Virenque said:
He lost 10:52 today! And Valjavec the same! He was in breakaway with Cardenas and Lastras and he had to go back to help Tyler! Ohh I hate team tactics like this..

I know..dropped from 3rd in the GC yesterday to 35th today...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear.... still, I don't write Hamilton off until I hear he's climbed into the team car. He's completed retarded in that respect.

10.52 thats insane.He was 7.30 down when the winner passed the finish line.He has got to be hurting bad.

Stage wins now , stage wins Tyler.
(I really thought this was his chance at a major Tour :( )

Ill like to know the reason! Is it still the back or something new?:confused:
Roadrash Dunc said:
10.52 thats insane.He was 7.30 down when the winner passed the finish line.He has got to be hurting bad.

Stage wins now , stage wins Tyler.
(I really thought this was his chance at a major Tour :( )
We didnt see him climbing after the Tour. It seems that he is not recovored yet..

He had a crash earlier in the Vuelta, and seems to have hurt his arm (it's in a splint).

I just heard an interview that said he wasnt expecting to do well in the mountains due to his back and lack of climbing form - he hasnt practised on any hills since pre-TdF.

He only entered the Vuelta to win the ITT he says and will be lucky to complete the Tour.

I think he is planning ahead for next years TdF , his back injury and subsequent planning for the Olympics seems to have ruled him out of this Vuelta.At least he himself wasnt expecting to win this thing - a day like today would be hard to take if you thought you were in shape to do well.

He was a lot better today, finnishing with Cunego, ahead of Mancebo, Beltran, Menchov, Garzelli, ...
Maybe he will go even better in thursday`s big mountain stage!