Vuelta XRP Wheelset vs. Supergo Korso Wheelset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Don Quijote, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Don Quijote

Don Quijote New Member

Hello to all of you, fellow cyclists of the world. Any feedback on the Vuelta XRP wheelset and the Supergo Korso will be greatly appreciated.
    Who builds the Vuelta? How much do they weight? Are they durable enough for daily training? Thanks, DQ:confused:

Tags:

2. capwater

capwater New Member

Supergo Korso, Performance Titan and Neuvation M28A aero are all the same wheel. Fairly decent for the price, but I'd avoid them if I were a clydesdale.

3. Don Quijote

Don Quijote New Member

Thanks. What is a clydsdale? DQ

4. capwater

capwater New Member

5. vchu7105

vchu7105 New Member

I just got mine for $90 bucks. I got it yesterday in the box, just looking at the rims they look of very good quality, the spokes look and feel very strong. After I ride them I'll let you know. But just looking at the quality, I think they are a steal at $90, if there is such a thing in buying cycling equipment.

6. Don Quijote

Don Quijote New Member

Thanks a lot. Hey, are they heavy, and do they spin like butter...? DQ:confused:

7. JackTheLadd

JackTheLadd New Member

Hi,

I have a pair of the Korsos and they weigh in at about 1760 grams, which is actually pretty good for a low-cost pair of wheels. They're not super-light, but then again they don't cost $400 or upwards, either!

They spin very well. The hubs are very smooth, with no "gritty" feel to them when they're rolling. You can also get upgraded bearings (even ceramic, if you really want to upgrade things) from Neuvation Cycling who do the "fancier" version of these wheels (the same components but with allegedly better assembly).

For what it's worth (and I haven't used the Vuelta's, so I can't comment on them) I'd say for $90 you won't go wrong with the Korso's.

Cheers,
    John

8. swg

swg New Member

Hi,

I am by no means an expert, but here go's. Never ridden the Vuelta's. I've got about 1000 miles on the Korso's. I am a C'dale, about 6 and 225. Compared to the Bontrager Race's on my new bike (500 miles and counting), the Korso's SEEM stiffer, a little harsher, slightly heavier. I bought the Korso's for a $100 at Supergo and are very happy with them. Had to true the rear a couple times, but it was a slight tweak and easy to do. I go back and forth about trading them with the Bont's, but haven't found a good reason to switch yet. I have very good things to say about them. I ride on crappy roads, don't race, and do some longer rides (70 miles +). Pretty happy with them for 100 bucks! If you asked me if I'd rather buy the K's for 100 or the Bont's for 300, I'd go with the K's hands down.

Good luck,

Steve

9. hillbasher

hillbasher New Member

Define "clydesdale."