Wa-ay OT : Embarrassed to ask, on "Friends" where's Emma?

Nancree

Guest
I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became curious
about how they would end it. I watched last night (the next-to-last-
episode). Rachel is going off to live in Paris, and there
was no mention at all of her baby Emma. Does she ever
mention what's going to happen to her? Do they just let this
inconvenient child disappear? Would appreciate any info.
Thank you. Blushingly yours, Nancree

Nancree wrote:
> I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became
> curious about how they would end it. I watched last night
> (the next-to-last-episode). Rachel is going off to live in
> Paris, and there was no mention at all of her baby Emma.
> Does she ever mention what's going to happen to her? Do
> they just let this inconvenient child disappear? Would
> appreciate any info. Thank you. Blushingly yours, Nancree

You didn't hear?... Emma died of SIDS in episode #098.
Rachael was devastated.

~john

in article [email protected], Nancree at

> I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became
> curious about how they would end it. I watched last night
> (the next-to-last-episode). Rachel is going off to live in
> Paris, and there was no mention at all of her baby Emma.
> Does she ever mention what's going to happen to her? Do
> they just let this inconvenient child disappear? Would
> appreciate any info. Thank you. Blushingly yours, Nancree

She wasn't on the last couple of episodes, but they made
mention of her.

My thought is that the child playing Emma didn't stick
around for the last few episodes. Rachel is taking Emma with
her to Paris. There was a brief mention last night, at the
very beginning. The friends were in Rachel's apartment and
she was all packed, and she pointed to a stack of boxes and
said "Those boxes have Emma's Paris stuff in them..." (or
words to that effect).

When Rachel walked into Chandler and Monica's apartment to
say goodbye to everyone, she had the baby monitor with her.
It had been mentioned that Rachel was "putting Emma to bed",
and when she arrived, she waved the baby monitor at them.
But later, when she showed up across the street at Ross'
apartment, I wondered who was with the baby. I actually said
out loud "Oh, Joey or Phoebe must be with her, or at least,
listening for her on the monitor".

The child was not written out of the show. They just haven't
showed her.

"Nancree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became
> curious about how
they
> would end it. I watched last night (the next-to-last-
> episode). Rachel is
going
> off to live in Paris, and there was no mention at all of
> her baby Emma.
Does
> she ever mention what's going to happen to her? Do they
> just let this inconvenient child disappear? Would
> appreciate any info. Thank you. Blushingly yours, Nancree

here's a question...whatever happened to Ross's son? from
the first wife...did he lose custody to wife number 1 and
her lover??

harriet & cirtters

Levelwave©" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nancree wrote:
> > I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became
> > curious about how
they
> > would end it. I watched last night (the next-to-last-
> > episode). Rachel
is going
> > off to live in Paris, and there was no mention at all
> > of her baby
Emma. Does
> > she ever mention what's going to happen to her? Do
> > they just let this inconvenient child disappear? Would
> > appreciate any info. Thank you. Blushingly yours,
> > Nancree
>

> You didn't hear?... Emma died of SIDS in episode #098.
> Rachael was devastated.
>
> ~john

Very, very sad episode...........They may repeat but
doubtful . Now you're up to date. Elaine

"hw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
:
: "Nancree" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040430173201.18981.00000556@mb-
: m13.aol.com...
[...]
: ==============

Yeah, Ben stays with his 'moms'.
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

in article [email protected], hw at
[email protected] wrote on 5/1/04 4:43 AM:

> "Nancree" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040430173201.18981.00000556@mb-
> m13.aol.com...
>> I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became
>> curious about how
> they
>> would end it. I watched last night (the next-to-last-
>> episode). Rachel is
> going
>> off to live in Paris, and there was no mention at all of
>> her baby Emma.
> Does
>> she ever mention what's going to happen to her? Do they
>> just let this inconvenient child disappear? Would
>> appreciate any info. Thank you. Blushingly yours, Nancree
>
> here's a question...whatever happened to Ross's son? from
> the first wife...did he lose custody to wife number 1 and
> her lover??
>
> harriet & cirtters

Ben wasn't on much this season. But he'd been on in the
past. the little boy who also played Adam Sandler's son in
"Big Daddy" played Ben as an older kid.

My first thought when I heard Rachel was going to Paris was
"Hey, If Ross couldn't move to England to be with his WIFE,
Emily, because of Ben living in NYC, then how can Rachel
take Emma away from her father?"

But I had to remind myself that this is fiction! :)

On Sat, 01 May 2004 02:53:16 GMT, Sheryl Rosen
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>She wasn't on the last couple of episodes, but they made
>mention of her.

<snip>

Sheryl, I must be the only person in America who hasn't seen
"Friends." Not one episode. (OTOH, I don't watch much
television) What was I missing?

Sopranos Deadwood The Shield 24 Monk Law and Order: CSI

We occasionally watch JAG for comic relief. The courtroom
scenes, legal constructs are hilarious.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd (paralegal - DH is a lawyer)
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"

in article DKNkc.4802$TD4.480284@attbi_s01, Rick & Cyndi at
[email protected] wrote on 5/1/04 9:37 AM:

> "hw" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:qqJkc.-
> [email protected]...
> :
> : "Nancree" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040430173201.18981.00000556@mb-
> : m13.aol.com...
> : > I've watched "Friends" only sporadically, but became
> : > curious
> about how
> : they
> : > would end it. I watched last night (the
> next-to-last-episode). Rachel is
> : going
> : > off to live in Paris, and there was no mention at all
> : > of her
> baby Emma.
> : Does
> : > she ever mention what's going to happen to her? Do
> : > they just
> let this
> : > inconvenient child disappear? Would appreciate any
> : > info.
> Thank you.
> : > Blushingly yours, Nancree
> :
> : here's a question...whatever happened to Ross's son?
> : from the
> first
> : wife...did he lose custody to wife number 1 and her
> : lover??
> :
> : harriet & cirtters
> :
> : ==============
>
> Yeah, Ben stays with his 'moms'.

Well, did he ever live with Ross? I don't think so....I
thought he was just a "weekend" dad. I mean, he stayed in NY
because of Ben rather than go to England to live with Emily.
I think they just didn't bother casting the kid this season.
They've mentioned Ben, I think.

It's funny, I don't like Ross or Monica. I LOVE Phoebe and
Rachel. Chandler cracks me up and Joey is as sweet as he is
stupid. Thing is, I've watched every episode, every week,
for 10 years. And in reruns. And it's not something I've
ever really done consciously. It's just what I've always
done. I like the show. I'm not a fanatic over it, but I
guess I've been paying attention!!! I've also never really
bothered to follow what any of them do off-screen. I
realized how much this program has crept into my heart when
Phoebe got married. I sat here and CRIED like it was one of
my own friends getting married. Strange!

I think I am really going to miss this stupid show when it
goes off the air this week. LOL

Sheryl Rosen <[email protected]> wrote in
news:BCB92539.4C314%[email protected]:

> But I had to remind myself that this is fiction! :)

And because Ross is paleontologist, it's not only fiction,
it's science-fiction! :)

--

Il faudrait que tout le monde réclame Auprès des autorités
Une loi contre toute notre indifférence Que personne ne

Carla Bruni, «Tout le monde»

Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sheryl, I must be the only person in America who hasn't
> seen "Friends." Not one episode. (OTOH, I don't watch much
> television) What was I missing?

> Sopranos Deadwood The Shield 24 Monk Law and Order: CSI

I watch as many of the Law & Order incarnations as I can. I
have never seen any of the other shows on your list, but I
did used to watch the original episodes of Friends, but I
grew tired of the show so I have not kept track of it. I am
sure that anyone who's curious about Friends and Emma's
status by doing a web search.

"Michel Boucher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sheryl Rosen <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:BCB92539.4C314%[email protected]:
>
> > But I had to remind myself that this is fiction! :)
>
> And because Ross is paleontologist, it's not only fiction,
> it's science-fiction! :)
>
> --
>
> Il faudrait que tout le monde réclame Auprès des autorités
> Une loi contre toute notre indifférence Que personne ne
> soit oublié
>
> Carla Bruni, «Tout le monde»

Oh my God, that was soooooooooo bad! :LOL

kili
--
"Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - - Homer
Simpson

I just don't understand why they didn't mention her more in the last episode. ALSO, Rachel was flying to Paris ALONE in the last episode. If Emma were coming with her, where was she when Phoebe, Ross and Rachel were all at the airport, and Chandler and Monica were with the twins? Emma could've been with Joey, but she should've been on the plane with Rachel. Why would Rachel leave Emma with Joey in New York while she goes to Paris to have to go back and get her in New York and bring her back to Paris? It just doesn't make sense.

Also, they could've found another baby. She wasn't THAT old to where people would freak out about it like when they change adult actors in a show and keep the character the same with different actors- which has happened a few times on television.

Hi, yes, I realize this was quite a long time ago, but I just had to clear up some things because I love this show and I just can't stand anybody thinking this was some sort of plothole
I'm unsure which episode it's said in, but Rachel does make mention to the fact that Emma will not be going to Paris at the same time as Rachel. as far as the story line goes, Rachel wants to go to Paris and get settled in (home and job wise) before Emma comes, so it'd be easier on them both. She tells the gang (or at least part of the gang- I forget) that her mother will be bringing Emma to Paris some while after Rachel moves. As well, I'm pretty sure she tells someone that her mom came to pick Emma up, and she'd be watching the little girl until the time when she'd have to bring her to Rachel in Paris.
Realistically, though, Emma was not included because it'd be inconvenient. adding a baby to the end scene would be a complication. not only would it affect what could be done as far as the scene goes (a baby would change several things) but having babies and small children on set limits what time it can be filmed, and they can easily screw up an otherwise perfect act by crying or something. so for things to go best, they didn't include Emma.