WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kate Dicey, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!

    Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(

    Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    my WATER!!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

    Tags:

  2. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    You will be OK. Keep it up and drink til you float. (Water that is.)

    Charlie

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. Aw shucks! that's not fair!!! Sorry about that gain. Here's a glug to wish you a better week this
    week. Elaine K

    Kate Dicey wrote:

    >4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    >Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    >been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    >Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    >my WATER!!

  4. Frood

    Frood Guest

    So, do you think you are not eating enough points, if you have 15 left over?

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm De-Fang email address to reply "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]
    online.co.uk> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  5. Themom1

    Themom1 Guest

    It's still good work, Kate!

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    225/187.4/145

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Water water water water water water water water - Sorry for the gain, but
    indeed this is just some sort of mindgame, so just keep on doing what you
    're doing and drink your water water water water water water :)

    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  7. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Waaaaaaaaaaaahh! indeed! I know - the psychological aspects of this journey
    are weird aren't they? Still, I'll raise a glass of water to you, and hope
    that next week is better :)

    (did I say water? cos I meant to say Water. Water!)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  8. Petal

    Petal Guest

    But you're still down 2 lbs. - that's a GOOD thing. :)

    Do try to eat all your points. Eating too little can definitely affect your weight loss in a
    negative way. 15 points means you missed out on at least 2 decent meals. :(

    Cheers, Petal

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  9. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hang in there Kate, the rollercoaster ride does seem to happen at times. And usually when we see
    those nice whooshes ... it is almost inevitable that the next week with either show a maintain or
    gain. <sigh> I think it may just be our bodies readjusting to everything. It also makes no sense to
    me. The weeks I tend to do very well, I end up gaining ... yet those weeks I swear I am totally off
    show losses. Makes no sense at all. <G>

    Joyce

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:22:38 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

    >4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    >Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    >been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    >Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    >my WATER!!

  10. Laura P

    Laura P Guest

    It's weird isn't it, how the psychology works! I hope that it's only a temporary gain for you - do
    your best this week and I'm sure it'll be off again in no time.

    Good luck

    Laura

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Kate:

    I did the same thing (lost a goodly amount and then gained some back when I was being good). But
    don't do the same thing I did afterward. I ate without journalling. I think I did okay but we'll
    never be sure will we.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    Kate Dicey wrote:
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!

  12. Good luck next week Kate.

    Brenda

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  13. I'm with you: I much prefer to see steadily consistent losses than rollercoaster Downs and Ups. But
    I don't always get what I want. Right around Christmas I had a lovely whoosh followed by two weeks
    of small gains. That's where averaging helps to keep things in perspective.

    That, and coming here to rant and whine. <G>

    Prairie Roots

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:22:38 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

    >4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    >Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    >been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    >Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    >my WATER!!

  14. I so relate to this, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  15. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Aww Kate... sorry things didn't turn out as you'd hoped. Hang in there... you'll have a whoosh this
    week for sure!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]home.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > 4 lbs off last week, but 2 BACK ON this! GRRRRR! I was being so good, too!
    >
    > Stupid thins is, I'd have been happy losing a pound last and a pound this week, and I'd still have
    > been in the same place! The psychological 'burn' of putting it back on really hurts! :(
    >
    > Repeat after me: I WILL NOT have 15 points left over at the end of the week! I WILL drink all
    > my WATER!!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  16. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Charlie wrote:

    > You will be OK. Keep it up and drink til you float. (Water that is.)
    >
    > Charlie

    WOT No beer? POUT! ;P

    Glub! Glub! Glub!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  17. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Elaine Kirkham wrote:

    > Aw shucks! that's not fair!!! Sorry about that gain. Here's a glug to wish you a better week this
    > week. Elaine K

    Tizzunt fair atllatallatall! Whinge! Pout!

    Where's that water jug got to...

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  18. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    frood wrote:

    > So, do you think you are not eating enough points, if you have 15 left over?

    It's mostly a matter of not eating the 2.5 exercise points I earn five days a week, and having one
    or two others on other odd days... It's not like I'm only eating 15 points a day... Dunno really.
    Sometimes it's quite hard to fit 22 points in, never mind eating the exercise points as well! Other
    days I just want to pig out on bread all day long!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  19. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Nathalie W wrote:

    > Water water water water water water water water - Sorry for the gain, but indeed this is just some
    > sort of mindgame, so just keep on doing what you 're doing and drink your water water water water
    > water water :)

    And spend all ray running to the bathroom! ;) Where's me jug got to...

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  20. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    THEMOM1 wrote:

    > It's still good work, Kate!
    >
    > --
    > Helen

    So long as the over all trend is down... Trouble is, I lose a lump, then gain a bit back, and bump
    up and down for a few weeks, before it happens again! Bit like running down the up escalator - you
    get there eventually, but it's hard work!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!