waaay OT: black/yellow crash test stickers

jim c

Guest
Im usually pretty good with google, but Ill be damned if I can find em,
it would help if I knew what they are called. Looking for crash test
dummy vinyl stickers...you know black and yellow quadrants like the
bmwroundel only black anf=d yellow, usually found on the side of a crash
test dummy's head.

dont ask

thanks in advance

jim

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:47:01 GMT, jim c
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Im usually pretty good with google, but Ill be damned if I can find em,
>it would help if I knew what they are called. Looking for crash test
>dummy vinyl stickers...you know black and yellow quadrants like the
>bmwroundel only black anf=d yellow, usually found on the side of a crash
>test dummy's head.
>
>dont ask
>
>thanks in advance

Dear Jim,

I found nothing, either.

In these degenerate times, such obviously useful stickers
may simply not exist, since the dummies are painted that
way.

(Along similar lines, it is difficult to find high-quality
silver-dollar-sized stickers featuring roaring hippos in the
fashion of the MGM lion, a necessity for improving otherwise
bland Christmas cards--I used the last of mine years ago.)

You might be able to get what you want by calling a local
printer and divulging your plans.

Good luck,

Carl Fogel

jim c wrote:
> Im usually pretty good with google, but Ill be damned if I can find
> em, it would help if I knew what they are called. Looking for crash
> test dummy vinyl stickers...you know black and yellow quadrants like
> the bmwroundel only black anf=d yellow, usually found on the side of
> a crash test dummy's head.
>

> dont ask
>

> thanks in advance
>
> jim

They are not called 'crash test' stickers and for the life of me, I can't
remember the proper name. Surveyors use a very similar 'emblem' in their
work, same pattern with different colors. They might know its official
designation.

Its the center of gravity mark. Anthropomorphic test models are composed of several independent masses. One such symbol is placed on each mass so deflection can be measured on the high speed video cameras.