wachovia commercial

Andy Gee

Guest
I'm very alert to appearances of bicycles in car commercials, usually with
a a very expensive car driven by a rock-solid guy passing one or more
bicycles, but this one has me scratching my head.

There's a Wachovia Bank commercial that has a "dance" of two cars --
they're riding on two wheels, they're pirrouetting, etc. In one shot one
car is spinning over a paint-stenciled international symbol of a bike lane
on the road. No bike lane, just the white ideogram on the road.

Anyone seen this commercial? It must mean something, but I can't figure
out what.

--ag

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:28:15 GMT,
<[email protected]>, Andy Gee
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone seen this commercial? It must mean something, but I can't figure
>out what.

It means that you'll remember "wachovia", whatever the hell that is.

Do yourself a favour - kill your TV.
--
zk

Tried the link, but all it brought up was my mail page ;-3

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:08:15 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:28:15 GMT,
><[email protected]>, Andy Gee
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Anyone seen this commercial? It must mean something, but I can't figure
>>out what.

>It means that you'll remember "wachovia", whatever the hell that is.

Wachovia is a bank headquartered in (I think) NC. They have thousands
of branches sprinkled throughout the NE US. They sponsor the US Pro
Bike Race held in Philadelphia each year in June. I've heard rumors
that they're pulling their sponsorship for this year's race although I
don't know why.

"richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wachovia is a bank headquartered in (I think) NC. They have thousands
> of branches sprinkled throughout the NE US. They sponsor the US Pro
> Bike Race held in Philadelphia each year in June. I've heard rumors
> that they're pulling their sponsorship for this year's race although I
> don't know why.

Perhaps because the USPro race is being moved to South Carolina and changed
significantly. See
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov16news

Whatever race may be held in Philadelphia in June, it isn't going to be the
same one.

RichC

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:47:43 -0500, "Rich Clark"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Wachovia is a bank headquartered in (I think) NC. They have thousands
>> of branches sprinkled throughout the NE US. They sponsor the US Pro
>> Bike Race held in Philadelphia each year in June. I've heard rumors
>> that they're pulling their sponsorship for this year's race although I
>> don't know why.

>Perhaps because the USPro race is being moved to South Carolina and changed
>significantly. See
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov16news
>
>Whatever race may be held in Philadelphia in June, it isn't going to be the
>same one.
>
>RichC

That really sucks!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Wachovia is a bank headquartered in (I think) NC. They have thousands
>> of branches sprinkled throughout the NE US. They sponsor the US Pro
>> Bike Race held in Philadelphia each year in June. I've heard rumors
>> that they're pulling their sponsorship for this year's race although I
>> don't know why.

>Perhaps because the USPro race is being moved to South Carolina and changed
>significantly. See
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov16news
>
>Whatever race may be held in Philadelphia in June, it isn't going to be the
>same one.
>
>RichC

all is not lost, in fact, things are looking up!
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicy...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001524566

"richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>>Perhaps because the USPro race is being moved to South Carolina and
>>changed
>>significantly. See
>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov16news
>>
>>Whatever race may be held in Philadelphia in June, it isn't going to be
>>the
>>same one.
>>
>>RichC

> all is not lost, in fact, things are looking up!
> http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicy...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001524566

Yes, well, we'll see how the organizers fare in finding a sponsor. I'll miss
the race if it goes away, and the city has certainly adopted it as a summer
tradition (an excuse to get drunk in public much like the Mummer's Parade).

RichC

Andy Gee wrote:
[snip]
> Anyone seen this commercial? It must mean something, but I can't figure
> out what.
>
> --ag

If understood, the meaning has no meaning.

But seriously ... Maybe the commercial did exactly what was intended, i.e. get
some buzz going.