Waha Wera brand Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba'S Jammin, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
    Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
    what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

    Tags:

  2. Topper

    Topper Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
    > Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
    > what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)

    A company in NY carries it:

    http://pepperheads-
    hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwifruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&products_id=190

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Topper) wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<barbschaller-
    > [email protected]>...
    > > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit
    > > & Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA.
    > > (See what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
    >

    > A company in NY carries it:
    >
    > http://pepperheads-hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwif
    > ruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&products_id=190

    Thanks. I did find that one in my search -- wonder why I ruled it out. Now I have to decide if I
    want to pay $18 for a 5 oz bottle of the stuff. Ugh. Thanks for your help.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  4. Victor Sack

    Victor Sack Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
    > Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
    > what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)

    A quick search yielded the following:

    <http://www.pacificorigins.com/pacificorigins/food_wine/94.htm>

    <http://www.shopenzed.com/xurl/PageID/1456/function/viewprd/prd_id/45492/content.html>

    <http://pepperheads-
    hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwifruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&produc-
    ts_id=190>

    Victor

  5. In article <1g8ed7r.13odvhbf4sxj4N%[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Victor Sack) wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit
    > > & Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA.
    > > (See what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
    >
    > A quick search yielded the following:

    Yes, I'd found those, too. I don't think the first two are stateside, though. And the third one
    will cost about $18 for a bottle, though the first, I think, would get me two bottles for about
    $28. More than I want to spend, I think. Thanks for looking. So far, no one has found anything I
    hadn't found. -Barb

    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  6. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Thanks. I did find that one in my search -- wonder why I ruled it out. Now I have to decide if I
    > want to pay $18 for a 5 oz bottle of the stuff. Ugh. Thanks for your help.

    If you're willing to give up buying locally, you can order it from New Zealand for only US$7.50
    *including* postage. That's a way better deal than paying $18. You could buy 2.5 bottles instead of
    just 1! http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:908509211:tb=13 (but you may have to go to
    http://www.nznature.co.nz/mshop/spi//ttrade and click on the US shop from there).

    If I manage to find some in Winnipeg, I'll bring some down for you (any other requests?)!

    rona

  7. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <1g8ed7r.13odvhbf4sxj4N%[email protected]>, [email protected] (Victor
    > Sack) wrote:
    >

    >>Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit
    >>>& Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA.
    >>>(See what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
    >>
    >>A quick search yielded the following:
    >

    > Yes, I'd found those, too. I don't think the first two are stateside, though. And the third one
    > will cost about $18 for a bottle, though the first, I think, would get me two bottles for about
    > $28. More than I want to spend, I think. Thanks for looking. So far, no one has found anything I
    > hadn't found. -Barb
    >

    >><http://www.pacificorigins.com/pacificorigins/food_wine/94.htm>
    >>
    >><http://www.shopenzed.com/xurl/PageID/1456/function/viewprd/prd_id/45492/c ontent.html>
    >>
    >><http://pepperheads-hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwi
    >>fruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&products_id=190>
    >>
    >>Victor

    Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
    spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.

    jim

  8. In article <[email protected]>, JimLane
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    (snip)
    > Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
    > spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.

    Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
    New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources. And
    it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I may
    have caused you. -Barb Schaller
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  9. In article <[email protected]>, "Rona
    Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected]
    >

    > > Thanks. I did find that one in my search -- wonder why I ruled it out. Now I have to decide if I
    > > want to pay $18 for a 5 oz bottle of the stuff. Ugh. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > If you're willing to give up buying locally, you can order it from New Zealand for only US$7.50
    > *including* postage. That's a way better deal than paying $18. You could buy 2.5 bottles instead
    > of just 1! http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:908509211:tb=13 (but you may have to go to
    > http://www.nznature.co.nz/mshop/spi//ttrade and click on the US shop from there).
    >
    > If I manage to find some in Winnipeg, I'll bring some down for you (any other requests?)!
    >
    > rona

    Well, Honeychile, ain't YOU somethin'!! I did not find that one in my search and will likely order
    from them. I wonder how they can sell it so cheaply when no one else seems to be able to.
    ¡Muchisimas gracias, estimada señorita!
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  10. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > (snip)
    >
    >>Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
    >>spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.
    >

    > Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
    > New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources. And
    > it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I may
    > have caused you. -Barb Schaller

    I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
    those you are asking for help.

    jim

  11. Bob

    Bob Guest

    JimLane wrote:
    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    >> (snip)
    >>
    >>> Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
    >>> spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.
    >>

    >> Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
    >> New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources.
    >> And it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I
    >> may have caused you. -Barb Schaller
    >

    > I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
    > those you are asking for help.
    >

    > jim

    Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
    click a mouse.

    We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
    helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.

    BOB

  12. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Well, Honeychile, ain't YOU somethin'!! I did not find that one in my search and will likely order
    > from them. I wonder how they can sell it so cheaply when no one else seems to be able to.
    > ¡Muchisimas gracias, estimada señorita!
    > --

    One of the other sites (shopenzed.com) had it for US$4.50 but shipping was more costly--$6.50 for
    one bottle, $11 for two, etc. If you bought many bottles, it would probably work out to be cheaper.

    Didja see the nipple warmers and g-string made from possum fur on the Nature Company site?

    http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:1157803449:tb=5

    Strange but true. On a different NZ site I found knitwear made from Samoyed hair. That seems a
    little less odd, though, considering angora rabbit hair.

    rona

  13. In article <[email protected]>, "Rona
    Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected]
    > >

    > > Well, Honeychile, ain't YOU somethin'!! I did not find that one in my search and will likely
    > > order from them. I wonder how they can sell it so cheaply when no one else seems to be able to.
    > > ¡Muchisimas gracias, estimada señorita! --
    >
    > One of the other sites (shopenzed.com) had it for US$4.50 but shipping was more costly--$6.50 for
    > one bottle, $11 for two, etc. If you bought many bottles, it would probably work out to be
    > cheaper.

    Saw that site and ruled it out -- one bottle will last me for a couple years so I don't think I'd
    want two sitting around.

    > Didja see the nipple warmers and g-string made from possum fur on the Nature Company site?

    MOF I did. <grin> Did you order yours?

    > http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:1157803449:tb=5

    I saw lots of possum wool sweaters when I was there.

    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  14. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    BOB wrote:
    > JimLane wrote:
    >
    >>Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    >>>(snip)

    >>>Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
    >>>New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources.
    >>>And it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I
    >>>may have caused you. -Barb Schaller
    >>

    >>I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
    >>those you are asking for help.
    >>

    >>jim
    >

    > Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
    > click a mouse.
    >
    > We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
    > helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
    >
    > BOB

    And just what have you contributed to THIS thread? On my, absolutely nothing. How utterly
    predictable, cheffie.

    jim

  15. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    BOB wrote:

    > JimLane wrote:
    >
    >>Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    >>>(snip)

    >>>Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
    >>>New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources.
    >>>And it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I
    >>>may have caused you. -Barb Schaller
    >>

    >>I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
    >>those you are asking for help.
    >>

    >>jim
    >

    > Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
    > click a mouse.
    >
    > We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
    > helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
    >
    > BOB

    Whoops, you're not cheffie, that's the other guy. Sorry.

    jim

  16. Bob

    Bob Guest

    JimLane wrote:
    > BOB wrote:
    >> JimLane wrote:

    >>> I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time
    >>> of those you are asking for help.
    >>>

    >>> jim
    >>

    >> Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
    >> click a mouse.
    >>
    >> We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
    >> helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
    >>
    >> BOB
    >>

    > And just what have you contributed to THIS thread? On my, absolutely nothing. How utterly
    > predictable, cheffie.
    >

    > jim

    Same as you except *I* didn't flame the OP for wasting my time, then saying that I hadn't
    wasted any time.

    BOB

  17. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
    [email protected] <snip>

    > MOF I did. <grin> Did you order yours?

    I refuse to say for fear I may incriminate myself. It is cold up here, after all! (Though it was a
    comparatively balmy -22C today with no windchill--no sun either but it sure felt warm!)

    rona

  18. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    BOB wrote:
    > JimLane wrote:
    >
    >> BOB wrote:

    >>>Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
    >>>click a mouse.
    >>>
    >>>We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
    >>>helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
    >>>
    >>>BOB
    >>>

    >>And just what have you contributed to THIS thread? On my, absolutely nothing. How utterly
    >>predictable, cheffie.
    >>

    >>jim
    >

    > Same as you except *I* didn't flame the OP for wasting my time, then saying that I hadn't wasted
    > any time.
    >
    > BOB

    Okay, let's see just where I said I had wasted MY time? Are your reading AND comprehension
    challenged? I was talking about wasting other's time, not mine - never used the word.

    Now, off to the corner stool with the pointy hat.

    jim

  19. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected] <snip>
    >>
    >> MOF I did. <grin> Did you order yours?
    >
    > I refuse to say for fear I may incriminate myself. It is cold up here, after all! (Though it was a
    > comparatively balmy -22C today with no windchill--no sun either but it sure felt warm!)
    >
    > rona

    So which colour did you get??? :)

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------

  20. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
    > Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
    > what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)

    Muwahahaha, my plan is nearing completion.

    Er, ah, glad you liked it, Barbeleh...

    ::whistles innocently::

    Lemme know if you can't find any in the US and I'll send you some more. The company website is here:

    http://www.kaitaiafire.com/

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"