Waha Wera brand Hot Sauce

Melba'S Jammin

Guest
Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
> Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
> what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)

A company in NY carries it:

http://pepperheads-
hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwifruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&products_id=190

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Topper) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<barbschaller-
> [email protected]>...
> > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit
> > & Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA.
> > (See what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
>

> A company in NY carries it:
>
> http://pepperheads-hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwif
> ruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&products_id=190

Thanks. I did find that one in my search -- wonder why I ruled it out. Now I have to decide if I
want to pay $18 for a 5 oz bottle of the stuff. Ugh. Thanks for your help.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
> Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
> what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)

A quick search yielded the following:

<http://www.pacificorigins.com/pacificorigins/food_wine/94.htm>

<http://www.shopenzed.com/xurl/PageID/1456/function/viewprd/prd_id/45492/content.html>

<http://pepperheads-
hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwifruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&produc-
ts_id=190>

Victor

In article <1g8ed7r.13odvhbf4sxj4N%[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Victor Sack) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit
> > & Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA.
> > (See what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
>
> A quick search yielded the following:

Yes, I'd found those, too. I don't think the first two are stateside, though. And the third one
will cost about $18 for a bottle, though the first, I think, would get me two bottles for about
$28. More than I want to spend, I think. Thanks for looking. So far, no one has found anything I
hadn't found. -Barb

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Thanks. I did find that one in my search -- wonder why I ruled it out. Now I have to decide if I
> want to pay $18 for a 5 oz bottle of the stuff. Ugh. Thanks for your help.

If you're willing to give up buying locally, you can order it from New Zealand for only US$7.50
*including* postage. That's a way better deal than paying $18. You could buy 2.5 bottles instead of
just 1! http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:908509211:tb=13 (but you may have to go to
http://www.nznature.co.nz/mshop/spi//ttrade and click on the US shop from there).

If I manage to find some in Winnipeg, I'll bring some down for you (any other requests?)!

rona

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <1g8ed7r.13odvhbf4sxj4N%[email protected]>, [email protected] (Victor
> Sack) wrote:
>

>>Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit
>>>& Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA.
>>>(See what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)
>>
>>A quick search yielded the following:
>

> Yes, I'd found those, too. I don't think the first two are stateside, though. And the third one
> will cost about $18 for a bottle, though the first, I think, would get me two bottles for about
> $28. More than I want to spend, I think. Thanks for looking. So far, no one has found anything I
> hadn't found. -Barb
>

>><http://www.pacificorigins.com/pacificorigins/food_wine/94.htm>
>>
>><http://www.shopenzed.com/xurl/PageID/1456/function/viewprd/prd_id/45492/c ontent.html>
>>
>><http://pepperheads-hotsauces.com/product_info.php?name=Waha%20Wera%20Kiwi
>>fruit%20%26%20Habanero%20Sauce&products_id=190>
>>
>>Victor

Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.

jim

In article <[email protected]>, JimLane
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
(snip)
> Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
> spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.

Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources. And
it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I may
have caused you. -Barb Schaller
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1/26/04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

In article <[email protected]>, "Rona
Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
> [email protected]...
>

> > Thanks. I did find that one in my search -- wonder why I ruled it out. Now I have to decide if I
> > want to pay $18 for a 5 oz bottle of the stuff. Ugh. Thanks for your help.
>
> If you're willing to give up buying locally, you can order it from New Zealand for only US$7.50
> *including* postage. That's a way better deal than paying $18. You could buy 2.5 bottles instead
> of just 1! http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:908509211:tb=13 (but you may have to go to
> http://www.nznature.co.nz/mshop/spi//ttrade and click on the US shop from there).
>
> If I manage to find some in Winnipeg, I'll bring some down for you (any other requests?)!
>
> rona

Well, Honeychile, ain't YOU somethin'!! I did not find that one in my search and will likely order
from them. I wonder how they can sell it so cheaply when no one else seems to be able to.
¡Muchisimas gracias, estimada señorita!
--

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> (snip)
>
>>Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
>>spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.
>

> Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
> New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources. And
> it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I may
> have caused you. -Barb Schaller

I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
those you are asking for help.

jim

JimLane wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>> (snip)
>>
>>> Would have been nice to know where you searched so those who were trying to help were not just
>>> spinning their wheels in your tracks and wasting time covering ground you already had.
>>

>> Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
>> New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources.
>> And it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I
>> may have caused you. -Barb Schaller
>

> I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
> those you are asking for help.
>

> jim

Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
click a mouse.

We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.

BOB

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well, Honeychile, ain't YOU somethin'!! I did not find that one in my search and will likely order
> from them. I wonder how they can sell it so cheaply when no one else seems to be able to.
> ¡Muchisimas gracias, estimada señorita!
> --

One of the other sites (shopenzed.com) had it for US$4.50 but shipping was more costly--$6.50 for
one bottle, $11 for two, etc. If you bought many bottles, it would probably work out to be cheaper.

Didja see the nipple warmers and g-string made from possum fur on the Nature Company site?

http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:1157803449:tb=5

Strange but true. On a different NZ site I found knitwear made from Samoyed hair. That seems a
little less odd, though, considering angora rabbit hair.

rona

In article <[email protected]>, "Rona
Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
> [email protected]...
> >

> > Well, Honeychile, ain't YOU somethin'!! I did not find that one in my search and will likely
> > order from them. I wonder how they can sell it so cheaply when no one else seems to be able to.
> > ¡Muchisimas gracias, estimada señorita! --
>
> One of the other sites (shopenzed.com) had it for US$4.50 but shipping was more costly--$6.50 for
> one bottle, $11 for two, etc. If you bought many bottles, it would probably work out to be
> cheaper.

Saw that site and ruled it out -- one bottle will last me for a couple years so I don't think I'd
want two sitting around.

> Didja see the nipple warmers and g-string made from possum fur on the Nature Company site?

MOF I did. <grin> Did you order yours?

> http://www.nznature.co.nz/MSHOP:SP:1157803449:tb=5

I saw lots of possum wool sweaters when I was there.

--

BOB wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>
>>Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>>(snip)

>>>Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
>>>New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources.
>>>And it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I
>>>may have caused you. -Barb Schaller
>>

>>I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
>>those you are asking for help.
>>

>>jim
>

> Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
> click a mouse.
>
> We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
> helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
>
> BOB

And just what have you contributed to THIS thread? On my, absolutely nothing. How utterly
predictable, cheffie.

jim

BOB wrote:

> JimLane wrote:
>
>>Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>>(snip)

>>>Sorry for any inconvenience to you, Jim. I assumed that my remark about being able to get it from
>>>New Zealand was an indication that I'd done some looking and was finding only foreign sources.
>>>And it appears that I was wrong about that, too. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience I
>>>may have caused you. -Barb Schaller
>>

>>I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time of
>>those you are asking for help.
>>

>>jim
>

> Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
> click a mouse.
>
> We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
> helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
>
> BOB

Whoops, you're not cheffie, that's the other guy. Sorry.

jim

JimLane wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> JimLane wrote:

>>> I didn't bother looking. No inconvenience at all. :) It is about being concerned with the time
>>> of those you are asking for help.
>>>

>>> jim
>>

>> Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
>> click a mouse.
>>
>> We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
>> helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> And just what have you contributed to THIS thread? On my, absolutely nothing. How utterly
> predictable, cheffie.
>

> jim

Same as you except *I* didn't flame the OP for wasting my time, then saying that I hadn't
wasted any time.

BOB

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
[email protected]... <snip>

> MOF I did. <grin> Did you order yours?

I refuse to say for fear I may incriminate myself. It is cold up here, after all! (Though it was a
comparatively balmy -22C today with no windchill--no sun either but it sure felt warm!)

rona

BOB wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>
>> BOB wrote:

>>>Well aren't *YOU* the helpful one! Bit** about the time needed to help, but *YOU* didn't even
>>>click a mouse.
>>>
>>>We all are happy to help people around here. Especially someone like "Melba" who is constantly
>>>helping others and providing interesting *ON* topic bits of humor and ideas.
>>>
>>>BOB
>>>

>>And just what have you contributed to THIS thread? On my, absolutely nothing. How utterly
>>predictable, cheffie.
>>

>>jim
>

> Same as you except *I* didn't flame the OP for wasting my time, then saying that I hadn't wasted
> any time.
>
> BOB

Okay, let's see just where I said I had wasted MY time? Are your reading AND comprehension
challenged? I was talking about wasting other's time, not mine - never used the word.

Now, off to the corner stool with the pointy hat.

jim

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
> [email protected]... <snip>
>>
>> MOF I did. <grin> Did you order yours?
>
> I refuse to say for fear I may incriminate myself. It is cold up here, after all! (Though it was a
> comparatively balmy -22C today with no windchill--no sun either but it sure felt warm!)
>
> rona

So which colour did you get??? :)

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
--------

In article <[email protected]>,
Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone know where I can find it in the US? It's a New Zealand product: Waha Wera brand Kiwifruit &
> Habanero. Appears I can order it from NZ but would like to get it stateside if possible. TIA. (See
> what you started, Miche Campbell?!!)

Muwahahaha, my plan is nearing completion.

Er, ah, glad you liked it, Barbeleh...

::whistles innocently::

Lemme know if you can't find any in the US and I'll send you some more. The company website is here:

http://www.kaitaiafire.com/

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"