Wahoo KICKR any good if you already have a power meter?

NandoBando

May 20, 2013
[COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)]I'm looking into getting a power meter installed on my 2013 S5 VWD. I am also looking at the Wahoo KICKR.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)]If I have a power meter installed and already have a road machine, can you see any benefit to having the KICKR? I know one of the benefits of the Wahoo KICKR is that it has a power meter built onto it. However, what other benefits are there if you already have one on your bike?[/COLOR]

this website reviews all these kind of stuff: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/tag/wahoo-kickr

NandoBando said:
I'm looking into getting a power meter installed on my 2013 S5 VWD. I am also looking at the Wahoo KICKR.If I have a power meter installed and already have a road machine, can you see any benefit to having the KICKR? I know one of the benefits of the Wahoo KICKR is that it has a power meter built onto it. However, what other benefits are there if you already have one on your bike?
I dont' see any benefit to having an on-bike power meter and also having a KICKR. In the best case, the KICKR will just duplicate what the power meter already does and will do so at greater expense to you. In reality, you're likely to see that the KICKR and the on-bike power meter will have readings that differ, and that's not beneficial at all. In training with power, one thing that is required for repeatable results is power readings that are consistent. Using two different power meters will necessarily introduce inconsistency between the readings of the KICKR and the power meter. I'd save the money that you could use to buy a KICKR and instead buy something else: wheels, books on training with power, a coach, bike kit, ****....