Waiting for my whoosh!

Mette

Guest
I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose
the last few lbs. (about 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am
drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And nothing happens..if I lose
1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have
"overeaten" - which in my case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular
meal! - I make up for it the day before the meal and the days after, so my
weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1 lbs. But noooo...a real meal
can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over again,
until I try to you my flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!

Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4 lbs
above, at this rate...sigh....

This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

Hang in there Mette. Something has to give. Maybe you could try eating less carbs and more protein,
eggs, chicken maybe? It works for me. Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 210- Goal 160)

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
| 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
| nothing happens..if I
lose
| 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have "overeaten" - which in my
| case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it the day before the meal
| and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1 lbs. But noooo...a real
meal
| can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over again, until I try to you my
| flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
|
| Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4
| lbs above, at this rate...sigh....
|
| This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
| done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

Have you thought that maybe YOUR body is designed to be slightly higher? How does your goal compare
with WW goal for your height?

Then again, I've read of some reaching their goal taking a long time to get there - patience. Shake
up your eating habits. More protein, less protein, a bit of olive oil - just mix it a bit more.

Good luck

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:42:29 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
>5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
>nothing happens..if I lose 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have
>"overeaten" - which in my case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it
>the day before the meal and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1
>lbs. But noooo...a real meal can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over
>again, until I try to you my flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
>
>Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4 lbs
>above, at this rate...sigh....
>
>This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
>done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call in
the flex points. How many points are you on? Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points
that you have been allotted and use the flex points for special occasions? If not than there is a
serious problem!! Why don't you show us a typical days menu to see if we can help...or at least show
one to someone...maybe Joyce...she's good at that stuff!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

Mette wrote:
> I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
> 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
> nothing happens..if I lose 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have
> "overeaten" - which in my case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it
> the day before the meal and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1
> lbs. But noooo...a real meal can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over
> again, until I try to you my flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
>
> Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4
> lbs above, at this rate...sigh....
>
> This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
> done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

ooh - those icky plateaus. maybe your body is just having a re-adjustment
phase in preparation for whooshing again? hang in there :)

--
krys

UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
> 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
> nothing happens..if I
lose
> 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have "overeaten" - which in my
> case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it the day before the meal
> and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1 lbs. But noooo...a real
meal
> can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over again, until I try to you my
> flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
>
> Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4
> lbs above, at this rate...sigh....
>
> This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
> done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

i know how u feel , i have been doing really well trying hard. i have 10lbs to lose. but i'm giving
myself till may 28 to do it in. i'm in my best friends wedding so i want to look good for it. i'm
the same way with the pounds i'll stay at the same weight for the longest time and then all of a
sudden i eat something i wouldn't normally and bam i'm up like three pounds. and then i have to lose
it again. i have learned though not to give up. it makes me just want to work harder. i walked two
mile today and did 60 crunches. i will do that all week but add to the crunches. i also work mid
nights and go back tonight and to top it all off i work for tim hortons. it's not easy but we have
to stick to it. keep up the good work and it will pay off in the long run.

angie "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
> 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
> nothing happens..if I
lose
> 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have "overeaten" - which in my
> case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it the day before the meal
> and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1 lbs. But noooo...a real
meal
> can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over again, until I try to you my
> flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
>
> Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4
> lbs above, at this rate...sigh....
>
> This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
> done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

Good luck with everything, Mette. You have the determination, maybe it can
still happen for you? :)

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
> 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
> nothing happens..if I
lose
> 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have "overeaten" - which in my
> case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it the day before the meal
> and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1 lbs. But noooo...a real
meal
> can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over again, until I try to you my
> flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
>
> Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4
> lbs above, at this rate...sigh....
>
> This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
> done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

good luck and give it time. It may be that your body is taking a time out
for readjustment, and you could just be a slow loser like me, but I do lose
and do occasionally get the odd whoosh, once I went for weeks dealing with
the same pound, then... I got a 5.2 loss and the very next week I got a 4.8
loss... I did nothing different, eating or otherwise so I just decided my
body was like my mind... works on its own timetable no matter what is going
on around it... good luck, Lee
Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am not getting discouraged, because I know what I want - I want to lose the last few lbs. (about
> 5 lbs). But nothing is happening - at all! I am drinking my water exercising and staying OP. And
> nothing happens..if I
lose
> 1 lbs, I gain a lbs...I am not doing anything wrong really. If I have "overeaten" - which in my
> case means "eating until satisfied" - a regular meal! - I make up for it the day before the meal
> and the days after, so my weekly total should be giving a loss of about 1 lbs. But noooo...a real
meal
> can make me gain that lbs back and then I have to lose it all over again, until I try to you my
> flexpoints and yup: we're back where we started!
>
> Arrggghh....it just sucks! I had this dream of being at goal my Valentines day, but I will be 4
> lbs above, at this rate...sigh....
>
> This week is my big test: starting school again. I have to be careful! Try and get some exercise
> done anyhow and not eating anything from the cantina at the University!

"Fred" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:p[email protected]...
> Have you thought that maybe YOUR body is designed to be slightly higher? How does your goal
> compare with WW goal for your height?

Hi Fred:eek:)

I actually weighed 97-99 lbs for a few years and was very comfortable there. I am currently within
the goalweight range at 114, and I do not want to weigh less than 100 lbs again. But 108 lbs would
be nice:eek:) For the longest time (years) I thought I was just designed to be big boned. But when I
lost all the weight, a very lean and small boned body revealed itself. So it is not that this is the
lowest I can get, because I have weighed 17 lbs less....

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse

> I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call in
> the flex points. How many points are you on?

I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.

When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low fat
gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time afterwards. But meals like
that throw the weight off course...

> Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the flex
> points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!

I know....!

Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points

Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points

Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points

Works out to 20 points a day.

The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread with
liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I missed out
on something... Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
>
> > I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call
> > in the flex points. How many points are you on?
>
> I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.
>
> When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low fat
> gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time afterwards. But meals like
> that throw the weight off course...
>
> > Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the flex
> > points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!
>
> I know....!
>
> Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points
>
> Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points
>
> Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points
>
> Works out to 20 points a day.
>
> The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread
> with liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I
> missed out on
something...
> Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)

I'm no expert at this but my first reaction to your menus is the lack of green veggies and dairy
plus an overload of carbs. Try reducing the amount of carbs, the bread in particular and add milk,
veggies and more protein.

Fill up on zero point veggies will make you feel fuller because of the extra fiber. It also adds
bulk to your plate for no points. Calcuim is also good at weight loss or so they say.

Mette:

One thing that I found helpful was going on fasttrack for 2 weeks. It showed me how I should
be distributing my pts. Here is a link to it. Take a look and see if you can follow it for a
week or two!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/downloads/1033/Util/art/EatingGuide.pdf

Connie

--

Mette wrote:
> "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
>

>>I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call in
>>the flex points. How many points are you on?
>

> I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.
>
> When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low fat
> gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time afterwards. But meals like
> that throw the weight off course...
>

>>Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the flex
>>points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!
>

> I know....!
>
> Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points
>
> Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points
>
> Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points
>
> Works out to 20 points a day.
>
> The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread with
> liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I missed
> out on something... Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points
>
> Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points
>
> Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points
>
> Works out to 20 points a day.

So where 's the veggies ? And I only saw fruit at breakfast... Could try adding zero-point fruit and
veggies to your menus ? They 're great as fillers, and delicious too!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:21:04 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
>
>> I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call in
>> the flex points. How many points are you on?
>
>I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.
>
>When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low fat
>gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time afterwards. But meals like
>that throw the weight off course...

Actually, that IS a real meal ... compared to what you are currently eating. It is very possible to
eat a dinner meal like that and heartier lunches, yet still remain well within that 18-23 point
range. I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark here and I am by no means an expert by any stretch of
the imagination ... but I'm thinking you may have your metabolism totally whacked out by the tiny
amounts you are eating in a full day, and it may be rebelling on you by holding on to every possible
bit it can in order to continue surviving.

>> Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the flex
>> points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!
>
>I know....!
>
>Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points

Not too bad, but you could make an egg substitute omelet or scramble (protein) for 1 point ... add
some diced up veggies (0 points), salsa (0) points, 2 slices light wheat toast (1 point) and a cup
of diced up fruit (1 point) ... and you have a much healthier and more filling breakfast for only 3
points ... along with some protein to help carry you through the day.

>Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points

Only a slice of bread for lunch? No wonder you aren't getting fulfilled, especially when repeating
this at dinner. Lunch, so many wonderful and easy things you could do for lots less points yet more
filling and healthier. A lean chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat bread, with lettuce, tomatoes,
mustard ... 2 points. Add a slice of ff cheese for another point if you like it. Add some fruit in
for a point, carrots, celery, any kind of veggies you like, or salad. I toss in some okra pickles or
cherry peppers - both 0 points. Lots of soups available, that log in very low in points - my
favorite brand is Health Valley. Most all are right around 2 points for the entire can - lots of
fiber and protein in them. Add a sandwich and you have a very filling lunch for 4 or 5 points.

>Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points

Ya like your bread, eh? <G> I do think that is one of the first things I would cut back on. For me
dinner is my heavier meal, but I can easily have 4 or 5 ounces of chicken or fish, baked sweet
potato/regular potato or steamed new potatoes, veggies and salad ... for about 8 or 9 points -
sometimes less, sometimes more depending on what protein (meat) I choose. I adjust the quantity of
meat I eat according to what type it is. And this carries me for a long time!

With meals like this, it is still easy to squeeze some snacks into your day ... as long as they
aren't bread. <G> You really have to try to remember that fruit and veggies are your friends!

>Works out to 20 points a day.

>The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread with
>liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I missed
>out on something... Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)

I certainly can understand why you feel like you missed out on something ... it sounds to me like
you have. I don't see anything in your menu that would leave me looking forward to a meal, let alone
satisfied after it. And maybe your body IS trying to tell you something, it probably does need and
want more. You aren't feeding it much at all. I can't help ya with the food dreams, haven't ever had
one. I do wonder if maybe your subconcious is even talking to you through this venue though ...
saying, *feed me, feed me!*

Anyway - if you do try to change your eating habits, it wouldn't surprise me if you actually showed
a slight gain for the first few weeks. DO NOT let this discourage you! It takes a little bit of time
for the body to realize that you are no longer trying to starve it to death and accept the healthier
meals. When it does, you will start losing again. Ask Krys. I believe she went through the same
thing awhile ago.

I do sympathize with your small stature and low weight regarding the slower metabolism ... but I
don't think it is playing 100% in the metabolic rate. I know many small people who have the
metabolism of horses. <G> Lucky devils they are! My guess is it has more to do with what you are
eating, if what you posted is your typical daily meals.

Sorry this is so long, I really do want to help you succeed and reach your goal! I hope my views may
be a little bit of help to you.

Joyce

where are the vegetables? I am wondering if you body is gaining because it
feels starved because your variety isn't there, Lee
Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
>
> > I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call
> > in the flex points. How many points are you on?
>
> I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.
>
> When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low fat
> gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time afterwards. But meals like
> that throw the weight off course...
>
> > Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the flex
> > points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!
>
> I know....!
>
> Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points
>
> Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points
>
> Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points
>
> Works out to 20 points a day.
>
> The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread
> with liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I
> missed out on
something...
> Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)

What great advice, Laura... you took the words right out of my mouth... more
dairy, protein, veggies, less carbs. :) That should move things a bit.

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ctBTb.163814$6y6.3206887@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
> >
> > > I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a
meal
> > > where you have to call in the flex points. How many points are you on?
> >
> > I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.
> >
> > When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low
> > fat gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time
afterwards.
> > But meals like that throw the weight off course...
> >
> > > Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the
> > > flex points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!
> >
> > I know....!
> >
> > Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points
> >
> > Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points
> >
> > Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points
> >
> > Works out to 20 points a day.
> >
> > The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread
> > with liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I
> > missed out on
> something...
> > Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)
>
> I'm no expert at this but my first reaction to your menus is the lack of green veggies and dairy
> plus an overload of carbs. Try reducing the amount of carbs, the bread in particular and add milk,
> veggies and more protein.
>
> Fill up on zero point veggies will make you feel fuller because of the
extra
> fiber. It also adds bulk to your plate for no points. Calcuim is also good at weight loss or so
> they say.

And even if you can't following completely it does show you how to design balanced menus. It is a
good learning tool.

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:401F0171.2040500@nospam_primus.ca...
> Mette:
>
> One thing that I found helpful was going on fasttrack for 2 weeks. It showed me how I should
> be distributing my pts. Here is a link to it. Take a look and see if you can follow it for a
> week or two!
>

> http://www.weightwatchers.com/downloads/1033/Util/art/EatingGuide.pdf
>
> Connie
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5
>
> Mette wrote:
> > "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
> >

> >>I think the key here is that you say real meal when you refer to a meal where you have to call
> >>in the flex points. How many points are you on?
> >

> > I am on the lowest - 18-25. On flex that would be 20 points.
> >
> > When I eat a real meal I guess it is about 10 points.. Beef, bread and 3 potatoes and some low
> > fat gravy. I call it a "real meal" because I actually fill full long time
afterwards.
> > But meals like that throw the weight off course...
> >

> >>Can you not find ways to be satisfied on the points that you have been allotted and use the flex
> >>points for special occasions? If not than there is a serious problem!!
> >

> > I know....!
> >
> > Breakfast: One small bowl of Nestle with fruits or Special K - 4-5 points
> >
> > Lunch: 1 piece of Danish Blackbread with different toppings - 7-8 points
> >
> > Dinner: Same as lunch - 7-8 points or chicken and bread - 8 points
> >
> > Works out to 20 points a day.
> >
> > The worst part of the day is actually the dinner. I just finished my "meal" - the black bread
> > with liverpaté (Danish :eek:) - and although my stomach is not hungry anymore, I just feel like I
> > missed out on
something...
> > Like my body needs and wants more. I dream of food....:eek:)

"Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...

Thank you Joyce (and everyone:eek:)

I may be eating "dull food" - but I am addicted to this high fiber black bread - 8 grams of fiber
per 3 oz:eek:) And yes, it is filling, but I guess I am just used to sitting down by the table a lot
longer and a piece of bread like that takes 6 minutes to devour...*g*

Another problem is that I (as a single mother) do not have time to prepare great breakfast and
luches so I do end up with the national food - black bread:eek:)

I am not quitting though! Because if I do, then I will never lose the weight - that is for sure! I
just need to accept that it will take a bit longer than I hoped!

I am hanging in there:eek:)

Mette wrote:

> "Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
>
> Thank you Joyce (and everyone:eek:)
>
> I may be eating "dull food" - but I am addicted to this high fiber black bread - 8 grams of fiber
> per 3 oz:eek:) And yes, it is filling, but I guess I am just used to sitting down by the table a lot
> longer and a piece of bread like that takes 6 minutes to devour...*g*
>
> Another problem is that I (as a single mother) do not have time to prepare great breakfast and
> luches so I do end up with the national food - black bread:eek:)
>
> I am not quitting though! Because if I do, then I will never lose the weight - that is for sure! I
> just need to accept that it will take a bit longer than I hoped!
>
> I am hanging in there:eek:)

I wish we could get real black bread in England! Just now and again I get a real yen for it, and if
you ever find it here, it's extortionate! I first cam across it when living in Germany with my
parents (RAF family), and like most wholemeal products, I loved it instantly! it would make a nice
change from my usual Wheetabix or shredded Wheat (one point each, plus another for a little milk and
the lightest sprinkling of Demerera sugar... or porridge on cold days!

I make breakfast last longer by answering emails and looking at the newsgroups while I eat it.

Thinking of black bread... Does burned toast have fewer points that ordinary toast? My toaster
always manages to singe my toasted cheese sandwich! (3.5 points of cheese, 2 points of bread,
followed by an apple: lunch for 6 slightly singed points!)

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:46:15 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
>
>Thank you Joyce (and everyone:eek:)
>
>I may be eating "dull food" - but I am addicted to this high fiber black bread - 8 grams of fiber
>per 3 oz:eek:) And yes, it is filling, but I guess I am just used to sitting down by the table a lot
>longer and a piece of bread like that takes 6 minutes to devour...*g*

LOL! Those addictions can be hard to overcome, but it isn't a bad thing to try. I've found that
after time they seem to be substituted for new addictions ... sometimes I feel like I can't get
enough fruit (this coming from the woman who rarely had a single piece in her home).

>Another problem is that I (as a single mother) do not have time to prepare great breakfast and
>luches so I do end up with the national food - black bread:eek:)

I do feel for you there, realize how tough it is being a single mom. Do you fix for the kids
though? Is there any way you can maybe have your breakfast a few hours later, while at work? Even a
packet of instant oatmeal ... piece of fruit ... something a bit heartier and more nourishing than
a cold bowl of cereal? What I do sometimes is to make an oven baked omelet (pretty easy to do),
then refrigerate it. It only takes a minute in the microwave to reheat - faster than even pouring
cereal and milk.

You also might want to think about what kind of example you are setting for your kids, for their
path in the future. Do you feed them bread and spreads as their meal? As a mom, I doubt it. <g> You
are probably making sure that they are getting the necessary nutrients on a daily basis ... but
forget about yourself in the process.

>I am not quitting though! Because if I do, then I will never lose the weight - that is for sure! I
>just need to accept that it will take a bit longer than I hoped!

Good girl! Also maybe think about things more in perspective too. I have no idea how old you are,
nor is it important to me. But our bodies will never be the same weight or shape as they were pre-
kids ... and I do think us women have to just come to accept this. There is nothing wrong with
maturing, and we can still look good and be healthy. I stopped putting too much emphasis on the
number itself. I know at one time I was also several pounds lighter than I currently am ... but I
don't think my body really wants to go back there, nor do I think I would be any healthier if I did.
Just more stuff to think about. <g>

>I am hanging in there:eek:)

I'm glad Mette. I think you are doing, and have done absolutely fantastic!

Joyce