Waitress quote of the day

modom

Guest
We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
water.

"The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
lake's real low."

"Then the tea will taste bad, too."

"Yeah, but not as bad as the water."

We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.

modom

"modom" <[email protected]> wrote
We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
> asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
> water.
>
> "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
> lake's real low."
>
> "Then the tea will taste bad, too."
>
> "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
>
> We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
>
> modom

Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

Dora

limey wrote:

> > We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
> >
> > modom

> Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

The last time I was in Denmark we were in a hurry and tried to explain to
the waitress in the closest restaurant we could find that we were in a real
hurry. She took our food orders. My wife asked for wine. I said I just
wanted water. My wife asked for water too. The waitress brought 2 small
bottles of water...... $10 each. Ouch.

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
> limey wrote:
>

>> Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

> The last time I was in Denmark we were in a hurry and tried to explain to
> the waitress in the closest restaurant we could find that we were in a
> real
> hurry. She took our food orders. My wife asked for wine. I said I just
> wanted water. My wife asked for water too. The waitress brought 2 small
> bottles of water...... $10 each. Ouch.

You're right - ouch. Actually, I was thinking that the restaurant could
use those large (Polar Bear?) drinking water vessels, not only for serving
customers by the glass but also for food prep
whenever the local water had a bad taste.

"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> You're right - ouch. Actually, I was thinking that the restaurant could
> use those large (Polar Bear?) drinking water vessels, not only for serving
> customers by the glass but also for food prep
> whenever the local water had a bad taste.

Could but they won't. $$$

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:45 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"modom" <[email protected]> wrote
> We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
>> asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
>> water.
>>
>> "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
>> lake's real low."
>>
>> "Then the tea will taste bad, too."
>>
>> "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
>>
>> We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.

>Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
their world view.

modom

modom wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:45 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"modom" <[email protected]> wrote
>>We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
>>

>>>asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
>>>water.
>>>
>>>"The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
>>>lake's real low."
>>>
>>>"Then the tea will taste bad, too."
>>>
>>>"Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
>>>
>>>We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
>>>

>>Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.
>>

>Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
>their world view.
>

>modom

So do they let you bring your own?

Christine
Grateful that Melbourne tap water is potable

modom wrote:

> Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
> their world view.

not a bad world view. i'm not opposed to drinking tap water. if it tastes
good to me, it's fine with me. unfortunately a lot of it tastes pretty bad.
sounds like molina's is missing a potentially profitable revenue stream by
not offering bottled water. molina's also sounds like my kind of place ;-)