Waitress quote of the day

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by modom, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. modom

    modom Guest

    We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
    asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
    water.

    "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
    lake's real low."

    "Then the tea will taste bad, too."

    "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."

    We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.


    modom
     
    Tags:


  2. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    That's why I get the beer. Kev
     
  3. limey

    limey Guest

    "modom" <[email protected]> wrote
    We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
    > asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
    > water.
    >
    > "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
    > lake's real low."
    >
    > "Then the tea will taste bad, too."
    >
    > "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
    >
    > We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
    >
    > modom


    Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

    Dora
     
  4. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    limey wrote:

    > > We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
    > >
    > > modom

    >
    > Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.


    The last time I was in Denmark we were in a hurry and tried to explain to
    the waitress in the closest restaurant we could find that we were in a real
    hurry. She took our food orders. My wife asked for wine. I said I just
    wanted water. My wife asked for water too. The waitress brought 2 small
    bottles of water...... $10 each. Ouch.
     
  5. limey

    limey Guest

    "Dave Smith" wrote in message
    > limey wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

    >
    > The last time I was in Denmark we were in a hurry and tried to explain to
    > the waitress in the closest restaurant we could find that we were in a
    > real
    > hurry. She took our food orders. My wife asked for wine. I said I just
    > wanted water. My wife asked for water too. The waitress brought 2 small
    > bottles of water...... $10 each. Ouch.
    >

    You're right - ouch. Actually, I was thinking that the restaurant could
    use those large (Polar Bear?) drinking water vessels, not only for serving
    customers by the glass but also for food prep
    whenever the local water had a bad taste.
     
  6. "limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > You're right - ouch. Actually, I was thinking that the restaurant could
    > use those large (Polar Bear?) drinking water vessels, not only for serving
    > customers by the glass but also for food prep
    > whenever the local water had a bad taste.


    Could but they won't. $$$
     
  7. modom

    modom Guest

    On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:45 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"modom" <[email protected]> wrote
    > We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
    >> asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
    >> water.
    >>
    >> "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
    >> lake's real low."
    >>
    >> "Then the tea will taste bad, too."
    >>
    >> "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
    >>
    >> We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.


    >Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.


    Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
    their world view.


    modom
     
  8. modom wrote:

    >On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:45 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >>"modom" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
    >>
    >>
    >>>asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
    >>>water.
    >>>
    >>>"The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
    >>>lake's real low."
    >>>
    >>>"Then the tea will taste bad, too."
    >>>
    >>>"Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
    >>>
    >>>We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
    >>>
    >>>

    >
    >
    >
    >>Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.
    >>
    >>

    >
    >Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
    >their world view.
    >
    >
    >modom
    >
    >

    So do they let you bring your own?

    Christine
    Grateful that Melbourne tap water is potable
     
  9. AC

    AC Guest

    modom wrote:

    > Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
    > their world view.


    not a bad world view. i'm not opposed to drinking tap water. if it tastes
    good to me, it's fine with me. unfortunately a lot of it tastes pretty bad.
    sounds like molina's is missing a potentially profitable revenue stream by
    not offering bottled water. molina's also sounds like my kind of place ;-)
     
Loading...