Wal Mart selling recumbents

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rick Onanian, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

  2. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

  3. The Real Bev

    The Real Bev Guest

    Rick Onanian wrote:

    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id-
    > =2381668

    Common at yard sales. Offer $10 and take home a prize!

    --
    Cheers, Bev

    "The federal government has taken too much tax money from
    the people, too much authority from the states, and too much
    liberty with the Constitution." -- Ronald Reagan

  4. Mike Kruger <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "David Reuteler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=-
    >> > 2381668
    >> >
    >> > Tee-hee.
    >> > --
    >> > Rick "Technically correct" Onanian
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/yvr96
    >> --
    > I like the part about "older, more experienced rider",
    > given the profile of low-rider tricycle riders I see
    > around here.

    yea, i wasn't quite sure what to make of that either until i
    caught the max weight limit of 180 pounds.

    anyway, i get mine in about a week. i'll let ya all know
    what i think of the whole 'bent experience.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  5. John

    John Guest

    Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id-
    > =2381668
    >
    > Tee-hee.

    I found this description on 1 of the other bikes:

    "Magnetic-resistant gears keep quiet while you work to an
    internal, deafening roar. Or maybe it was a light,
    stationary trip around the block you had in mind, thanks.
    Either way, computerized controls make sure the workout
    won't surpass your will."

    Are they trying to make a haiku?

    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=24372-
    04

  6. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mike Kruger wrote:

    > "David Reuteler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=-
    >>>2381668
    >>>
    >>>Tee-hee.
    >>>--
    >>>Rick "Technically correct" Onanian
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/yvr96
    >>--
    >
    > I like the part about "older, more experienced rider",
    > given the profile of low-rider tricycle riders I see
    > around here.

    These are what real trike riders aspire to.
    <http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/buyers_guide_price_summary.htm>.

  7. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I like the part about "older, more experienced rider",
    > > given the profile
    of
    > > low-rider tricycle riders I see around here.
    >
    > These are what real trike riders aspire to. <http://www.i-
    > ce.hpv.co.uk/buyers_guide_price_summary.htm>.

    I had a chance to sit in a trike like this (different
    brand) at my local bike shop, which has a lot of
    recumbents. I didn't do much of a test ride, though (up and
    down the aisle).

    It seemed like it would be a blast to ride -- but $3000 is a
    lot of dough.