Walk away the pounds?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Holly, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Holly

    Holly Guest

    Hello all!

    Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and
    love it! I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work
    out, the treadmill, etc. I just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have
    success stories?

    Let me know! Thanks, Holly

    Tags:

  2. i do the tapes. i started doing them when i first joined weight watchers. as well as walking to
    work, and along with eating right and doing them i lost 30lbs. now am back on weight watchers as
    well as cutting back on a few of my carbs and doing the tapes again in hopes to lose the dreaded
    last 10lbs to reach my final goal weight , i am currently at 125lbs. I started at 152.5lbs in march
    of last yrs.

    angie
    ps i have the whole collection of leslies tapes. (hope her name is spelt right )

    "Holly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all!
    >
    > Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and love
    > it! I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work out, the
    > treadmill, etc. I just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have
    success
    > stories?
    >
    > Let me know! Thanks, Holly

  3. I do it for my cardiovascular and find it great. I also use the Richard Simmons & even some line
    dancing tapes - I vary them so as to not get bored. Elaine K

    Holly wrote:

    >Hello all!
    >
    >Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and
    >love it! I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work
    >out, the treadmill, etc. I just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have
    >success stories?
    >
    >Let me know! Thanks, Holly

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Can you describe these tapes? Are you just walking in place while watching the tape? <curious minds
    want to know>

    "Holly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all!
    >
    > Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and love
    > it! I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work out, the
    > treadmill, etc. I just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have
    success
    > stories?
    >
    > Let me know! Thanks, Holly

  5. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------020003000203000605030401

    Here's her URL http://www.lesliesansone.com/ Elaine K

    Laura wrote:

    >Can you describe these tapes? Are you just walking in place while watching the tape? <curious minds
    >want to know>
    >
    >"Holly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Hello all!
    >>
    >>Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and love
    >>it! I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work out, the
    >>treadmill, etc. I just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have
    >>

    >success
    >

    >>stories?
    >>
    >>Let me know! Thanks, Holly

    --------------020003000203000605030401 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Here's her URL <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
    wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net"> <pre wrap="">Can you describe these tapes? Are you just walking in place
    while watching the tape? <curious minds want to know>

    "Holly" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:Er2dnfL2SYW-9YvdRVn-

    Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and love it!
    I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work out, the
    treadmill, etc. I just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have </pre>

    Let me know! Thanks, Holly

    --------------020003000203000605030401--

  6. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I've looked at her site but it really does not give me much info on what the program is like.

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here's her URL http://www.lesliesansone.com/ Elaine K
    >
    > Laura wrote:
    >
    > >Can you describe these tapes? Are you just walking in place while
    watching
    > >the tape? <curious minds want to know>
    > >
    > >"Holly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > >>Hello all!
    > >>
    > >>Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and love
    > >>it! I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work out, the
    > >>treadmill, etc.
    > >>just started and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have
    > >>

    > >success
    > >

    > >>stories?
    > >>
    > >>Let me know! Thanks, Holly

  7. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------090702060005080604080007

    Well, you mostly do a type of marching or walking, side steps, some lunges. It includes a warm up &
    a cool down period. I bought the 1, 2 & 3 mile tapes which included the rubber band which gives your
    upper body a work out at the same time. I use mainly the 1 mile one & it takes about 20 min to do
    it. I am never out of breath, nor to I end up sweating very much when I do it, whereas when I do the
    Richard Simmons, I am using in a full sweat when finished. I think it gives you a nice brief cardio
    work out in a very short time - just right for those very busy days when you don't seem to have time
    for much at all. Just so you know, I am 65 with very sore feet & arthritic in every joint. If I can
    do this one, anyone can. Since you're already doing the Richard Simmons Ones, you might want to buy
    the 2 or the 3 mile one. On the tape, you can stop at the 1 or 2 mile & cool down & this could be a
    better bargain if you intend to use it more often. Hope this helps you more. Elaine K

    --------------090702060005080604080007 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Well, you mostly do a type of marching or walking, side steps, some lunges. It
    includes a warm up & a cool down period. I bought the 1, 2 & 3 mile tapes which included the
    rubber band which gives your upper body a work out at the same time. I use mainly the 1 mile one
    & it takes about 20 min to do it. I am never out of breath, nor to I end up sweating very much
    when I do it, whereas when I do the Richard Simmons, I am using in a full sweat when finished. I
    think it gives you a nice brief cardio work out in a very short time - just right for those very
    busy days when you don't seem to have time for much at all. Just so you know, I am 65 with very sore
    feet & arthritic in every joint. If I can do this one, anyone can. Since you're already doing
    the Richard Simmons Ones, you might want to buy the 2 or the 3 mile one. On the tape, you can stop
    at the 1 or 2 mile & cool down & this could be a better bargain if you intend to use it more
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net"> <pre wrap="">I've looked at her site but it really does not give me much
    info on what the program is like.

    "Elaine Kirkham" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:mWCRb.28814$-
    wrap="">Here's her URL <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
    href="http://www.lesliesansone.com/">http://www.lesliesansone.com/</a> Elaine K

    Laura wrote:

    to know>

    "Holly" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:Er2dnfL2SYW-9YvdRVn-
    [email protected]</a>...

    Does anyone out there do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? I just started doing it and love it!
    I normally vary my workouts - Richard Simmons, the Weight Watcher's fast track work out, the
    and love it! Does anyone out there do this and/or have

    Let me know! Thanks, Holly

    </pre>
    <pre wrap="">

    --------------090702060005080604080007--

  8. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Elaine. I'll look into them the next time I'm at walmart.

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, you mostly do a type of marching or walking, side steps, some lunges. It includes a warm up
    > & a cool down period. I bought the 1, 2 & 3 mile tapes which included the rubber band which gives
    > your upper body a work out at the same time. I use mainly the 1 mile one & it takes about 20 min
    > to do it. I am never out of breath, nor to I end up sweating very much when I do it, whereas when
    > I do the Richard Simmons, I am using in a full sweat when finished. I think it gives you a nice
    > brief cardio work out in a very short time - just right for those very busy days when you don't
    > seem to have time for much at all. Just so you know, I am 65 with very sore feet & arthritic in
    > every joint. If I can do this one, anyone can. Since you're already doing the Richard Simmons
    > Ones, you might want to buy the 2 or the 3 mile one. On the tape, you can stop at the 1 or 2 mile
    > & cool down & this could be a better bargain if you intend to use it more often. Hope this helps
    > you more. Elaine K
    >
    > Laura wrote:
    >
    > >I've looked at her site but it really does not give me much info on what
    the
    > >program is like.
    > >
    > >"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > >>Here's her URL http://www.lesliesansone.com/ Elaine K

    > >watching

  9. Bad_kitty

    Bad_kitty Guest

    Hi Holly:

    I started doing the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk tape (takes 1/2 hour)a few times a week, beginning
    01/01/04 (new year's gift to myself), and I rejoined WW on 1/13. So far, I'm down 7 lb this month,
    and I think the exercise helps. (I also really like Flex points). I got the tape for about 9.99 at
    Target, and I already had a stretchy band (used during the last 10 min of tape for resistance
    training).

    As another poster said, it is a lot of marching in place, side to side moves, basically low impact
    aerobics without having to keep track of dance moves. I really like it, and I think it is a great
    place to start if you haven't been exercising at all and/or are pretty heavy. You really feel good
    about yourself when you're done. Great for the Klutz's among us! When I first started (with a cold,
    no less), my heart rate got right up there, then as I got used to it I didn't get winded at all.
    Because I wanted to keep progressing, I added a lot more arm swinging (to burn more cals). I now
    alternate this tape with a couple of step tapes I have (Kathy Smith and Jane Fonda), though at this
    point I can only do about 1/2 hour continous of step. I think I may get Leslie's longer workouts,
    but I think the 1,2 mile etc are a great starting place.

    Bad_Kitty
    235/228/145

  10. Brenda

    Brenda Guest

    Yes ! i have the 1,2 and 3 they are great and not confusing ! worth your money ! i love
    them ! Brenda

    Proud member Of "Peta". EARTH_ We must be the change we wish to see in the world. poulty producers
    don't want you to know that one third of chickens used for human comsuption are infected with
    salmonella.

  11. Karen

    Karen Guest

    I'm interested in the Walk away the Pounds DVDs but when looking online I find several different
    versions and I'm confused. I want a 1 & 2 mile, something that is for beginners. Can someone tell me
    the exact titles? thanks,

    Karen