Walking in Holland

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Theo Tromp, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Theo Tromp

    Theo Tromp Guest

    Hello friends Will you walk in Holland see www.wandel-olat.org for walkingtrails and walks - walking
    links - IVV-walks - racewalking - powerwalking

    greetings Theo

    Tags:

  2. BrianG

    BrianG Guest

    Lovely web site, and I like your enthusiasm - but many people think of Holland as too flat for
    walking. [email protected]

    "Theo Tromp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello friends Will you walk in Holland see www.wandel-olat.org for walkingtrails and walks -
    > walking links - IVV-walks - racewalking - powerwalking
    >
    > greetings Theo

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "BrianG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Lovely web site, and I like your enthusiasm - but many people think of Holland as too flat for
    > walking. [email protected]

    I've bicycled across Holland and while it is indeed flat (except for the southeastern "peninsula"
    between Germany and Belgium around Maastrict, which is hilly and lovely) the country is beautiful.
    It is an attractive combination of lovely towns and villages, lush farms and forest land. It would
    not be at all boring for walking, especially if you take advantage of the many cafes and taverns.

  4. BrianG

    BrianG Guest

    "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "BrianG" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
    > > Lovely web site, and I like your enthusiasm - but many people think of Holland as too flat for
    > > walking. [email protected]
    > >

    > I've bicycled across Holland and while it is indeed flat (except for the southeastern "peninsula"
    > between Germany and Belgium around Maastrict,
    which
    > is hilly and lovely) the country is beautiful. It is an attractive combination of lovely towns and
    > villages, lush farms and forest land. It would not be at all boring for walking, especially if you
    > take advantage
    of
    > the many cafes and taverns.

    Don't get me wrong I have also cycled in Holland - a Cyclist's paradise. And yes it is beautiful
    countryside, but I prefer to walk up and down hills as well as flat areas.
    [email protected]