Walmart bicycles

Michael wrote:
> Michael Press wrote:
>> I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
>> First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
>> front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
>> and easy to spot.
>>
>> Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
>> "Will the bicycle assembler please
>> come to the front for a bicycle inspection."
>>
>> --
>> Michael Press

> I get there several times a week and nearly every week, but last weekend was the
> first time I'd ever inspected the BSO's (bicycle shaped objects). Spying a
> silver one with amazingly fat (frame) tubes and razor thin wheels, I lifted the
> mfgr's hype sheet for a read. One particular "bullet" grabbed my attention: "Do
> not ride at night". WTF!
>
> Michael

"Do not ride at night". WTF!

I guess you haven't heard? There was a famous lawsuit where a guy was
riding at night without a light or reflectors. He got hit and the family
successfully sued the manufacturer. Ever since then I think all the US
companies warn against riding at night.

are we beating the pig again? what do you propose? all bottom level
new bike buyers go for entry treks, cannondales, fuji's what?
are we *****ing about $150 not the equal of $600 bikes?
One current project is assembling an entry level 29er. I expect the
final report on parts costs will go around $700+ or two forks from
Waterford.
For Wal's bike buyers to go $700 for parts is like my buying a
Waterford.

datakoll wrote:

> One current project is assembling an entry level 29er.

Don't forget to put the riding at night disclaimer on it.

ahma gonna put ah grade 9 flatlink chain onit wheel ta wheel wit a
capacitive discharge 1/4 stick.