Walmart

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by crazy6r54, May 4, 2003.

  1. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Walmart in my area is turning into a Super store. I had a look at it from the parking lot no
    problem. So on Friday evening I had a look from the inside looking out. That is from the trail. See
    one trailhead is blocked by a mountain of land fill. And the other one runs right into their large
    dainage ditch. No dainage yet but for now its rideable. Also there are trails that were there at
    Christmas time and gone now. I guess I still be riding this area from trail- heads from the other
    end 2 miles away but I won't be taking the short cut to Walmart or even shopping there anymore.

    Fire up MTB 03

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Walmart in my area is turning into a Super store. I had a look at it from the
    > parking lot no problem. So on Friday evening I had a look from the inside looking
    > out. That is from the trail. See one trailhead is blocked by a mountain of land
    > fill. And the other one runs right into their large dainage ditch. No dainage yet
    > but for now its rideable. Also there are trails that were there at Christmas time
    > and gone now. I guess I still be riding this area from trail- heads from the other
    > end 2 miles away but I won't be taking the short cut to Walmart or even shopping
    > there anymore.
    >
    > Fire up MTB 03

    Write a formal complaint letter and get it signed by all the rider you can find that used those
    trails, then send it to Wal-Mart headquarters. make several copies of the letter, so if you do
    not hear back after a month or so, write another letter like "No response received from
    previous complaint, copy of original letter included". And no, form letters received back are
    not a valid response. it only means they read your letter enough to get your name and address,
    and perhaps a summery.

    Keep it up for years and years and eventually you will get through to a real person that cares. they
    may do nothing, but they may also fund a trail building weekend to replace trails lost, and to
    re-route trails that were spoiled.

    Simply not going there anymore does nothing. they see so many people there every day that one person
    makes no difference to them. but a formal letter to the headquarters can be effective.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    Personal Website: http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/ travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator
    TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > Walmart in my area is turning into a Super store. I had a look at it from the
    > > parking lot no problem. So on Friday evening I had a look from the inside
    > > looking out. That is from the trail. See one trailhead is blocked by a mountain
    > > of land fill. And the other one runs right into their large dainage ditch. No
    > > dainage yet but for now its rideable. Also there are trails that were there at
    > > Christmas time and gone now. I guess I still be riding this area from trail-
    > > heads from the other end 2 miles away but I won't be taking the short cut to
    > > Walmart or even shopping there anymore.
    > >
    > > Fire up MTB 03
    > >

    > Write a formal complaint letter and get it signed by all the rider you can find that used those
    > trails, then send it to Wal-Mart headquarters. make several copies of the letter, so if you do not
    > hear back after a month or so, write another letter like "No response received from previous
    > complaint, copy of original letter included". And no, form letters received back are not a valid
    > response. it only means they read your letter enough to get your name and address, and perhaps a
    > summery.
    >
    > Keep it up for years and years and eventually you will get through to a real person that cares.
    > they may do nothing, but they may also fund a trail building weekend to replace trails lost, and
    > to re-route trails that were spoiled.
    >
    > Simply not going there anymore does nothing. they see so many people there every day that one
    > person makes no difference to them. but a formal letter to the headquarters can be effective.
    >
    > ~Travis

    ~~~<shakes both heads...one for penny and one for me>>~~~
    --
    Slacker

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > The pros want the super store and the cons didn't. The pros for money and cons
    > that it would kill other supermarkets in the area like Stop & Shop, Shop Rite,Big
    > Y.
    >
    > Fire up MTB 03

    Farmington, ME has a super Wallies now. from what i have seen, the meat and produce looks terrible.

    The only thing i can think of, is the vegies that are too old for the local Hannaford Bros, gets
    moved to the pig slop, and the stuff the pigs wont touch, gets sent to wallies. As for their meats,
    the steaks are all green and shimmer with all the colors of the rainbow in the light, and the
    hamburg is either pre-cooked, or really old.

    I personally will never buy food at wallies.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtty.mp3

  5. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    | > The pros want the super store and the cons didn't. The pros for money and cons
    | > that it would kill other supermarkets in the area like Stop & Shop, Shop
    | > Rite,Big Y.
    | >
    | > Fire up MTB 03
    | >

    | Farmington, ME has a super Wallies now. from what i have seen, the meat and produce looks
    | terrible.
    |
    | The only thing i can think of, is the vegies that are too old for the local Hannaford Bros, gets
    | moved to the pig slop, and the stuff the pigs wont touch, gets sent to wallies. As for their
    | meats, the steaks are all green and shimmer with all the colors of the rainbow in the light, and
    | the hamburg is either pre-cooked, or really old.
    |
    | I personally will never buy food at wallies.

    For the first couple months, I wouldn't even go near the meat counter at the Supes in Concord. The
    meat was all gray or tan and the packaged meats felt slimy even through the packages.

    That has now changed. Either they got the temperature right on their storage or they are selling
    enough it doesn't go bad. I've gotten some wonderful steaks and absolutely beautiful hamburger from
    there. I like their packaging as well. Since the hamburger is packed loose, I can make it into stuff
    far easier and it makes dividing it evenly into patties easier.

    Their prices are dramatically lower than the two biggies that normally battle it out here (Food Lion
    and Harris Teeter - BiLo is dead to me!) What I still don't like is the atmosphere of the store.
    It's not wholly Wally world's fault, but even with the wider than average aisle, you still can't
    move around all those people, especially the ones who have to leave their cart in the middle and
    hold onto it while they take 10 minutes looking at the shelf. Then there are the lines. They have
    something like 40 registers, but I have no idea why. There never seem to be more than a dozen open,
    even when they are horribly busy. I've made it my mission to bitch to the manager every time I have
    to wait in a long line with more than half the lanes closed. I don't take "We don't have enough
    cashiers" crap for an excuse. Any stocker/worker can be trained to run a register. There have even
    been times when I've simply walked away from a buggy full simply because of the lack of cashiers.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/24/2003

  6. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > | > The pros want the super store and the cons didn't. The pros for money and cons
    > | > that it would kill other supermarkets in the area like Stop & Shop, Shop
    > | > Rite,Big Y.
    > | >
    > | > Fire up MTB 03
    > | >

    > | Farmington, ME has a super Wallies now. from what i have seen, the meat and produce looks
    > | terrible.
    > |
    > | The only thing i can think of, is the vegies that are too old for the local Hannaford Bros, gets
    > | moved to the pig slop, and the stuff the pigs wont touch, gets sent to wallies. As for their
    > | meats, the steaks are all green and shimmer with all the colors of the rainbow in the light, and
    > | the hamburg is either pre-cooked, or really old.
    > |
    > | I personally will never buy food at wallies.
    >
    > For the first couple months, I wouldn't even go near the meat counter at the Supes in Concord. The
    > meat was all gray or tan and the packaged meats felt slimy even through the packages.
    >
    > That has now changed. Either they got the temperature right on their storage or they are selling
    > enough it doesn't go bad. I've gotten some wonderful steaks and absolutely beautiful hamburger
    > from there. I like their packaging as well. Since the hamburger is packed loose, I can make it
    > into stuff far easier and it makes dividing it evenly into patties easier.

    Hmmm, maybe i'll give 'em a chance, it has been a little while.

    > Their prices are dramatically lower than the two biggies that normally battle it out here (Food
    > Lion and Harris Teeter - BiLo is dead to me!) What I still don't like is the atmosphere of the
    > store. It's not wholly Wally world's fault, but even with the wider than average aisle, you still
    > can't move around all those people, especially the ones who have to leave their cart in the middle
    > and hold onto it while they take 10 minutes looking at the shelf. Then there are the lines. They
    > have something like 40 registers, but I have no idea why. There never seem to be more than a dozen
    > open, even when they are horribly busy. I've made it my mission to bitch to the manager every time
    > I have to wait in a long line with more than half the lanes closed. I don't take "We don't have
    > enough cashiers" crap for an excuse. Any stocker/worker can be trained to run a register. There
    > have even been times when I've simply walked away from a buggy full simply because of the lack of
    > cashiers.

    Yeah, i never could figure that out. you want to know what the irony is? their not hiring any new
    cashiers (heard from a "friend" that works there). i think they just do it to make it look busy. if
    there were lines empty then people would think their not getting enough business.

    ~Travis