Wanna buy some cheap parts

Claes

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
Hi, I am looking for some cheap parts that are ok.
What I need is:
26.4mm seatpost, longish.
The bike has such a serious play in the rear hub that I think it is shot,
so if someone has a wheelset, collecting dust, or just a rear wheel,
6 cogs, that would be cool. Mostly interested in something like
sporty touring wheels but anything goes really. :)
At the moment it has 27 1/4 inch I think, but 700C goes too I reckon.
So, if you have anything interesting let me know, you can email me
at claesATmobileaware.com
Replace AT with @

Claes said:
Hi, I am looking for some cheap parts that are ok.
What I need is:
26.4mm seatpost, longish.
The bike has such a serious play in the rear hub that I think it is shot,
so if someone has a wheelset, collecting dust, or just a rear wheel,
6 cogs, that would be cool. Mostly interested in something like
sporty touring wheels but anything goes really. :)
At the moment it has 27 1/4 inch I think, but 700C goes too I reckon.
So, if you have anything interesting let me know, you can email me
at claesATmobileaware.com
Replace AT with @

700C will fit, but your brakes won't reach the extra 4mm downwards. "27 inch" wheels are 630mm diameter, 700C are 622mm diameter. If you want your brakes to work, you'll need the drop bolt conversion thingie.

Ritch

Claes said:
Hi, I am looking for some cheap parts that are ok.
What I need is:
26.4mm seatpost, longish.
The bike has such a serious play in the rear hub that I think it is shot,
so if someone has a wheelset, collecting dust, or just a rear wheel,
6 cogs, that would be cool. Mostly interested in something like
sporty touring wheels but anything goes really. :)
At the moment it has 27 1/4 inch I think, but 700C goes too I reckon.
So, if you have anything interesting let me know, you can email me
at claesATmobileaware.com
Replace AT with @

what happened to your fixie project?
i can put you in touch with a cheap flip-flop hub if youre still lookin?

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> what happened to your fixie project?
> i can put you in touch with a cheap flip-flop hub if youre still
> lookin?
> --
> flyingdutch

If you're not Claes, I'm interested FD.

Andrew.

flyingdutch said:
what happened to your fixie project?
i can put you in touch with a cheap flip-flop hub if youre still lookin?
Yepp, I am looking. Have just been a bit busy. The first parts to get sorted I thought was new wheels, it is only the rear hub that is shot, so I could in theory rebuild it with just a new hub. I am interested if the money is ok, which you indicate it is. Use the email I posted at the top with a phone number and I'll call you for discussion?

ritcho said:
700C will fit, but your brakes won't reach the extra 4mm downwards. "27 inch" wheels are 630mm diameter, 700C are 622mm diameter. If you want your brakes to work, you'll need the drop bolt conversion thingie.

Ritch
Ahh, there I go, thanx for that info. Cheers.

Andrew said:
>[/color]

If you're not Claes, I'm interested FD.

Andrew.

approx 1 week wait. I have 2 here at the moment but one belongs to Bikesoiler and NickNoZXR fained interest in the other so I can get hold of some more from my source in about a week.

contact me at fdutchATgmail.com if youre in, and I can tell you more details

"Claes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hi, I am looking for some cheap parts that are ok.
> What I need is:
> 26.4mm seatpost, longish.
> The bike has such a serious play in the rear hub that I think it is
> shot,
> so if someone has a wheelset, collecting dust, or just a rear wheel,
> 6 cogs, that would be cool. Mostly interested in something like
> sporty touring wheels but anything goes really. :)
> At the moment it has 27 1/4 inch I think, but 700C goes too I reckon.
> So, if you have anything interesting let me know, you can email me
> at claesATmobileaware.com
> Replace AT with @
> --
> Claes

You might struggle with a 26.4mm post....most manufacturers now start at
26.8mm. I know this because I have been looking for a 26.6mm post for a
while as the one on my SS is about 9 years old and has a bit of a bend on
it. I am pretty sure that Vicmtb can get them in a 400mm length (at least
they can in 26.6mm). It is a pretty basic brand (Kalloy) but should do the
job and you can choose black or silver. In fact, I am pretty sure that on
of the Ritchey posts is simply a Kalloy jobby that has had a bit machined
off the back and a logo put on it.

Ride On,

Gags

Gags said:
You might struggle with a 26.4mm post....most manufacturers now start at
26.8mm. I know this because I have been looking for a 26.6mm post for a
while as the one on my SS is about 9 years old and has a bit of a bend on
it. I am pretty sure that Vicmtb can get them in a 400mm length (at least
they can in 26.6mm). It is a pretty basic brand (Kalloy) but should do the
job and you can choose black or silver. In fact, I am pretty sure that on
of the Ritchey posts is simply a Kalloy jobby that has had a bit machined
off the back and a logo put on it.

Ride On,

Gags
He he, was I lucky or what. I just popped into Brunswick st cycles, and they had a 26.4 mm, Tranzx post. Got it for less than 20.

Updated list for what I want......

Front hub, some road front hub, cheap but decent, used is ok.
Anyone have anything laying around?

Rims, 27 inch, anything? The rims I have I could use, but would
prefer to leave those wheels untouched, incase I want another frame
and want to upgrade and so on.

Quill stems...What do you have available? Same thing again, decent stuff
cheap is what I am looking for. :)

My cheapo bike now only suffers from a rotten rear hub, soon to be fixed due to FD. Slight knocking/pinging sound from the cranks/bb. Doctor is still out on that one. Only happens when I put a bit of power into it.

Oh, when I have the hubs, how build the wheels?
Get a shop to do it? Or do we have someone here that
wants to do it for a resonable cost?
I'd love if we could share knowledge and experience
in a more hands-on way, we share these things in the forum, but
in a hands-off kind of way if you see what I mean.

Claes wrote:

> Quill stems...What do you have available? Same thing again, decent
> stuff
> cheap is what I am looking for. :)

I've got a quill stem you can have for nothing that came off my old road
bike. Definitely too big for my short arms but may suit you okay Claes.

DaveB

DaveB said:
Claes wrote:

> Quill stems...What do you have available? Same thing again, decent
> stuff
> cheap is what I am looking for. :)

I've got a quill stem you can have for nothing that came off my old road
bike. Definitely too big for my short arms but may suit you okay Claes.

DaveB
Ok, free is always good enough for me. :)
Do you know what size it is? 110? 120 or something. Brand?
Do you work in town? In that case I can pick it up off you here, since
I work in CBD. Otherwise it will be a good recovery ride for me to ride to where every you live. I am about to get back to good health, and then cycling is highest on my agenda. :)

Claes wrote:
> DaveB..Ho ho, you have my email at the top, I want the stem. :)

Sorry mate been away for a couple of days. Will drop you en email next
week when I'm back at work in the city.

DaveB

DaveB said:
Claes wrote:
> DaveB..Ho ho, you have my email at the top, I want the stem. :)

Sorry mate been away for a couple of days. Will drop you en email next
week when I'm back at work in the city.

DaveB
Ah, then I understand, cool.