Wanna Go Faster on Hills? Reynolds Weld Lab??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike lives not far from Mt. Evans so he can climb it at will. He is the "Fastback" hydration guy.

Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and Sports,
Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Chris Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't know Mike Vogel but I ride Mt. Evans regularly and have done the last 2 Mt. Evans Races on
> a bent and I have been the only one in the field of 600 on a bent.
>
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > Hmm...Do you know Mike Vogel? He rides Mt. Evans on a recumbent
mod.
> > Strada...and a DF. He has posted some interesting times. While he stated
he
> > is faster on a DF, but not much as I remember.
>
>
>
> > Some seem to think that since they can't equal their ability or
in
> > many cases surpass their df climbing abilities...that no one can.
>
> I want to believe...I'd just like to see some evidence, either first hand or in race results. You
> must admit that all the wonderful anecdotal stories we hear on this NG come from Florida, the
> Eastern Shore of Md, etc.. I never see stories like these from the big rides in the Rockies,
> Cascades, San Juans, etc..
>
> Skeptically, Chris

Chris Crawford <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I don't know Mike Vogel but I ride Mt. Evans regularly and have done the last 2 ***Mt. Evans***
> Races on a bent and I have been the only one in the field of 600 on a bent.
>
My emphasis added. I thought the point was ***hill*** climbing? Do some people have a problem
differentiating hills from mountains? Believe it or not, Florida isn't the only place in the country
without mountains. We don't have mountains in southern Michigan, but there ain't a flat spot
anywhere. DFs start getting an advantage when the hill/mountain gets steep enough to encourage
standing. At lesser grades, the 'bents are still faster. If you live where there are a lot of steep
climbs, then you have a choice to make: speed or comfort. For those of us in the REST of the
country, we can have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.