Wanna Go Faster on Hills? Reynolds Weld Lab??

Mike lives not far from Mt. Evans so he can climb it at will. He is the "Fastback" hydration guy.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Chris Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't know Mike Vogel but I ride Mt. Evans regularly and have done the last 2 Mt. Evans Races on
> a bent and I have been the only one in the field of 600 on a bent.

> > Hmm...Do you know Mike Vogel? He rides Mt. Evans on a recumbent
mod.
> > Strada...and a DF. He has posted some interesting times. While he stated
he
> > is faster on a DF, but not much as I remember.
>

> > Some seem to think that since they can't equal their ability or
in
> > many cases surpass their df climbing abilities...that no one can.
>
> I want to believe...I'd just like to see some evidence, either first hand or in race results. You
> must admit that all the wonderful anecdotal stories we hear on this NG come from Florida, the
> Eastern Shore of Md, etc.. I never see stories like these from the big rides in the Rockies,
> Cascades, San Juans, etc..
>
> Skeptically, Chris

Chris Crawford <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I don't know Mike Vogel but I ride Mt. Evans regularly and have done the last 2 ***Mt. Evans***
> Races on a bent and I have been the only one in the field of 600 on a bent.

My emphasis added. I thought the point was ***hill*** climbing? Do some people have a problem
differentiating hills from mountains? Believe it or not, Florida isn't the only place in the country
without mountains. We don't have mountains in southern Michigan, but there ain't a flat spot
anywhere. DFs start getting an advantage when the hill/mountain gets steep enough to encourage
standing. At lesser grades, the 'bents are still faster. If you live where there are a lot of steep
climbs, then you have a choice to make: speed or comfort. For those of us in the REST of the
country, we can have both.