Want: Ideas Good Lodging Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by David Hallerman, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I'm looking for suggestions for good places to stay in Nova Scotia for cyclists.

    My criteria:

    * Going in early July, for about 12 days
    * Going for honeymoon (with cyclist mate)
    * Not certain which areas yet we'll stay in (two probably)
    * Want to stay in two places, and not move around every night
    * Will have car to drive around, to take us to ride start if needed
    * Willing to pay up to US$100 per night (that is, we're not looking to scrimp)
    * Want a place that's bike-friendly...that might mean bike storage, can bring bike into the
    room, et cetera

    Any suggestions, ideas, pointers?

    Thanks much,

    David Hallerman
    -------------------------
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. On 12 Feb 2003, David Hallerman wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for suggestions for good places to stay in Nova Scotia for cyclists.
    >
    > My criteria:
    >
    > * Going in early July, for about 12 days
    > * Going for honeymoon (with cyclist mate)
    > * Not certain which areas yet we'll stay in (two probably)
    > * Want to stay in two places, and not move around every night
    > * Will have car to drive around, to take us to ride start if needed
    > * Willing to pay up to US$100 per night (that is, we're not looking to scrimp)
    > * Want a place that's bike-friendly...that might mean bike storage, can bring bike into the room,
    > et cetera
    >
    > Any suggestions, ideas, pointers?

    I guess you want places as a base for day trips? The best places with a variety of day trip
    routes would be Annapolis Valley, and the Tatamagouch area.

    My WEB site mainly describes "through" touring routes, but some of it might be useful for day
    trips: "http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/dermott/nstour/intro.html"

    There is a wide range of accomodations: motels, Bed And Breakfasts, etc. There is a big resort
    hotel with honeymoon suites just down the road from me, but of course I don't stay there!

    A free book available from NS Tourism is "Doers and Dreamers Guide"- it lists accommodations,
    areas sights etc. Most of that info is also available at NS Tourisms WEB site:
    "http://www.novascotia.com"

    --
    David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada email: [email protected] WWW pages:
    http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/dermott/

  3. Matt Temple

    Matt Temple Guest

    In years past, I have found two B and B's to be excellent for bicyclists: the first is Plum Tree, in
    Tusket (about 10 mi SE of Yarmouth); the second is Penney Estates, on Cape Sable Island (about 50 mi
    SSE of Yarmouth). Both had small barns available for bike storage, were friendly and comfortable,
    and are listed in the Doers and Dreamers Guide that David Dermott noted.

    Happy trails!

    news:<[email protected]>...