Want to build a piece of history

cohiba1223

Oct 20, 2004
Guys i am new to the sport. Last november I purchased a trek 5000 and have been loving the sport. I want to build the first bike lance used to win the tour de france. I want a 1999 5200 trek. I am having trouble finding it. How hard and how much do you think it will be to put this bike together? I want to buy it in pieces so I can put it together and learn more about the mechanics of a bike. As of now my repairs consist of taking the bike down to my good friends at bikes to go (the best bike store in miami).

thanks,
ben

cohiba1223 said:
Guys i am new to the sport. Last november I purchased a trek 5000 and have been loving the sport. I want to build the first bike lance used to win the tour de france. I want a 1999 5200 trek. I am having trouble finding it. How hard and how much do you think it will be to put this bike together? I want to buy it in pieces so I can put it together and learn more about the mechanics of a bike. As of now my repairs consist of taking the bike down to my good friends at bikes to go (the best bike store in miami).

thanks,
ben

If I understand what you are wanted to do,E-bay.Of course you will need to shop for the right size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7171043480&category=98084&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1