Want to know more about the bicycles

"Luther Blissett" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...

<snip> Did you have to re-post the whole thing?

> I can't believe you poofs that won't patch tubes. I guess with your

**** eh? My girlfriend will be terribly disappointed! :p

Does that mean someone is bisexual if they choose to replace
a tube out on the road and then patch them on returning
home?

> lipstick, makeup etc in your handbags there is no room for a patch
> repair kit.
> It takes around 7 minutes to patch a tube, less than five if you are

in

Well I've never been a skilled patcher, but that's certainly not my
experience.. but then, I'm not in a rush to patch because I'm doing
it at home.. after having replaced my tube on the road.

> a hurry. My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
> repair kit from K-Mart.

Congratulations.

Oh, when did you buy that repair kit? Sounds like a better deal than
just buying patches!

hippy

hippy wrote:
> "Luther Blissett" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:[email protected]...
>
> <snip> Did you have to re-post the whole thing?
>

>>I can't believe you poofs that won't patch tubes. I guess with your

> **** eh? My girlfriend will be terribly disappointed! :p
>
> Does that mean someone is bisexual if they choose to replace
> a tube out on the road and then patch them on returning
> home?
>

>>lipstick, makeup etc in your handbags there is no room for a patch
>>repair kit.
>>It takes around 7 minutes to patch a tube, less than five if you are

> in
>
> Well I've never been a skilled patcher, but that's certainly not my
> experience.. but then, I'm not in a rush to patch because I'm doing
> it at home.. after having replaced my tube on the road.
>

>> a hurry. My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
>>repair kit from K-Mart.

> Congratulations.
>
> Oh, when did you buy that repair kit? Sounds like a better deal than
> just buying patches!
>
> hippy

I got the repair kit at K-Mart about 2 years ago. They were only $2, had
cement, scraper etc and I think around a dozen patches in each kit. I
thought they were such a good deal I bought 5. I also snapped up an
excellent new lipstick and some nail polish.

--
Cheers
LB

John Staines wrote:

**snip**

> Now where did I put my eyeliner? ;o)
>
> John

John, John, John. Don't you realise being the PC Police is so last century?
--
Cheers
LB

hippy wrote:
*snip* he does go on a bit ...

> Oh, when did you buy that repair kit? Sounds like a better deal than
> just buying patches!
>
> hippy

I got it at K-Mart about 2 or 3 years ago, it was only $2 so I got 5 of
them. They included cement, scraper, tubes for presta valves, and about
12 patches.

* I also picked up a new lipstick and some nail polish.

--
Cheers
LB

John Staines wrote:
*snip*
> Now where did I put my eyeliner? ;o)
>
> John

John, you really should realise that being the unecessarily politically
correct police went out about ten years ago (it's oh-so last century!)

For your information, this is from the Macquarie Dictionary, (I'm sure
Adelaide Uni might have a copy in the library):
****
Usage: This is one of the small group of words which when used within a
community have no derogatory overtones, but when used by outsiders often
have such connotations.

Maybe I made a mistake by assuming this newsgroup was a community.
--
Cheers
L "Poofy" B

John Staines wrote:
*snip*

> Now where did I put my eyeliner? ;o)
>
> John

John, you really should realise that being the unecessarily politically
correct police went out about ten years ago (it's oh-so last century!)

For your information, this is from the Macquarie Dictionary, (I'm sure
Adelaide Uni might have a copy in the library):
****
Usage: This is one of the small group of words which when used within a
community have no derogatory overtones, but when used by outsiders often
have such connotations.

Maybe I made a mistake by assuming this newsgroup was a community.
--
Cheers
L "Poofy" B

> My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
> repair kit from K-Mart.

12 Patches!?!?!?!

I have had about 5 punctures in the last 8 years, and have ridden a hell of
a lot in that time. What sort of bike was it and what the hell were you
doing to the poor thing????
---
DFM

Luther Blissett <[email protected]> wrote
in message [email protected]

[...]

> For your information, this is from the Macquarie Dictionary, (I'm sure
> Adelaide Uni might have a copy in the library):
> ****
> Usage: This is one of the small group of words which when used within
> a community have no derogatory overtones, but when used by outsiders
> often have such connotations.
>
> Maybe I made a mistake by assuming this newsgroup was a community.

Since this newsgroup is not a community of homosexuals you know full well
that '****' is a term of abuse and you used it as such.

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS <[email protected]> wrote:

> Luther Blissett <[email protected]> wrote
> in message [email protected]
>
> [...]
>
> > For your information, this is from the Macquarie Dictionary, (I'm sure
> > Adelaide Uni might have a copy in the library):
> > ****
> > Usage: This is one of the small group of words which when used within
> > a community have no derogatory overtones, but when used by outsiders
> > often have such connotations.
> >
> > Maybe I made a mistake by assuming this newsgroup was a community.

> Since this newsgroup is not a community of homosexuals you know full well
> that '****' is a term of abuse and you used it as such.

How doya know its not a community of homosexuals? We've just had a bunch
of posters admiting to not patching their own tubes for christsakes!!

hippy:

> "Luther Blissett" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > a hurry. My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
> > repair kit from K-Mart.

> Congratulations.
>
> Oh, when did you buy that repair kit? Sounds like a better deal than
> just buying patches!

I've been using Park Tools' glueless patches for years, and the tubes
that I've repaired with these have stayed leak-free. Prepared properly,
glueless patches can be as good as messy old-fashioned glue and patch.

The trick is in getting the tube surface around the hole clean. Rubbing
alcohol or propanol does this well.

Luther Blissett:

> John Staines wrote:
> *snip*
> > Now where did I put my eyeliner? ;o)
> >
> > John

> John, you really should realise that being the unecessarily politically
> correct police went out about ten years ago (it's oh-so last century!)

Firstly, being aware of prejudice is not being "politically correct".

Secondly, "politically correct" is a phrase coined by neo-conservatives
intent on maintaining the prejudices of the old school. It has no
meaning apart from being used as an insubstantial dismissive.

> For your information, this is from the Macquarie Dictionary, (I'm sure
> Adelaide Uni might have a copy in the library):
> ****
> Usage: This is one of the small group of words which when used within a
> community have no derogatory overtones, but when used by outsiders often
> have such connotations.
>
> Maybe I made a mistake by assuming this newsgroup was a community.

Your mistake is in assuming that you understood the definition.
"Community" in this case means people of the same communal beliefs.

As an example, think about the word "wog": when used by the Greek or
Italian communities, no derogations are implied. Wog Boys, Wogs Out Of
Work etc were all acceptable titles for (admittedly very average)
entertainment shows. However, when people from outside those
communities use the term, especially by anglo-saxons, it becomes an
offensive term if not heavily qualified otherwise.

It's a complexity brought about by attempts to claim back derogatory
words and hence reduce their offensiveness. "****er" is a term many
black people in the US use amongst themselves; heaven help the non-black
outsider who tries to use it in those communities.

Deep Flayed Mares <[email protected]> wrote:

> > My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
> > repair kit from K-Mart.

> 12 Patches!?!?!?!
>
> I have had about 5 punctures in the last 8 years, and have ridden a hell of
> a lot in that time. What sort of bike was it and what the hell were you
> doing to the poor thing????
> ---
> DFM

What kind of tyres do you run that never have flats?

Gary K <[email protected]> wrote in message
1g045o2.1hi6gc9f7ulqbN%[email protected]
> DRS <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

>> Since this newsgroup is not a community of homosexuals you know full
>> well that '****' is a term of abuse and you used it as such.

> How doya know its not a community of homosexuals? We've just had a
> bunch of posters admiting to not patching their own tubes for
> christsakes!!

"See the nice boys dancing in pairs,
Golden earring, golden tan, blow-wave in the hair.
Sure they're all straight, straight as a line,
All the gays are macho, see their leather shine"

Joe Jackson, Real Men

--

A: Top-posters.

"Luther Blissett" wrote in message ...

> I can't believe you poofs that won't patch tubes. I guess with your
> lipstick, makeup etc in your handbags there is no room for a patch
> repair kit.
> It takes around 7 minutes to patch a tube, less than five if you are in
> a hurry. My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
> repair kit from K-Mart.
>

> --
> Cheers
> LB

Does that make those of us who fix a puncture on the road with a new tube, but patch the punctured one at home bi?

Rob

Deep Flayed Mares wrote:

>>My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
>>repair kit from K-Mart.

> 12 Patches!?!?!?!
>
> I have had about 5 punctures in the last 8 years, and have ridden a hell of
> a lot in that time. What sort of bike was it and what the hell were you
> doing to the poor thing????
> ---
> DFM

I was working at Bathurst car races, using my bike to get around. I kept
riding over those cathead thorns, so after using both spare tubes I had
to start patching. It was a MTB with knobbly tires, but evolution has
done a fine job designing those thorns. You should have heard the
derogatory terms I used that day!

--
Cheers
LB

Okay this will be my last post for this thread.

I ask one question:
Why did nobody reply to Zhang Li Yun's original question for 3 days?
It's not like he asked a difficult question or anything, anybody could
have answered it.
So people must have not replied based on one of the following:
(1) He has a chinese name, it must be spam. Ignore him.
(2) His english is not very good, this is an AUSTALIAN newsgroup, so
ignore him.
(3) Plain old racism.

So before you start making false claims of prejudice, think about that
for a while, and ask yourself why it took 3 whole days for someone to
answer his simple question. Prejudice comes in all forms, my friend.

--
Cheers
LB

"Jose Rizal" <_@_._> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hippy:
>
> > "Luther Blissett" <[email protected]> wrote
> > in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > a hurry. My record is twelve patches on the one tube, using a $2
> > > repair kit from K-Mart.

> > Congratulations.
> >
> > Oh, when did you buy that repair kit? Sounds like a better deal than
> > just buying patches!
> >

> I've been using Park Tools' glueless patches for years, and the tubes
> that I've repaired with these have stayed leak-free. Prepared properly,
> glueless patches can be as good as messy old-fashioned glue and patch.
>
> The trick is in getting the tube surface around the hole clean. Rubbing
> alcohol or propanol does this well.

Do you carry this in your bike kit then? Or wait until home to do a repair?

Do they not work when the hole is on a seam?

Tim

Luther Blissett <[email protected]> wrote:

> Okay this will be my last post for this thread.
>
> I ask one question:
> Why did nobody reply to Zhang Li Yun's original question for 3 days?
> It's not like he asked a difficult question or anything, anybody could
> have answered it.
> So people must have not replied based on one of the following:
> (1) He has a chinese name, it must be spam. Ignore him.
> (2) His english is not very good, this is an AUSTALIAN newsgroup, so
> ignore him.
> (3) Plain old racism.
>
> So before you start making false claims of prejudice, think about that
> for a while, and ask yourself why it took 3 whole days for someone to
> answer his simple question. Prejudice comes in all forms, my friend.

You think he asked a "Simple Question"?!!!

Whats the meaning of life? What should I buy?
Come on, simple questions... answer it in less than 240,000 words
please.

Deep Flayed Mares <[email protected]> wrote:

> Gary K <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:1g047ba.1ptp7id1hrmoeaN%[email protected]...

> > > 12 Patches!?!?!?!
> > >
> > > I have had about 5 punctures in the last 8 years, and have ridden a hell

> of
> > > a lot in that time. What sort of bike was it and what the hell were you
> > > doing to the poor thing????
> > > ---
> > > DFM

> > What kind of tyres do you run that never have flats?

> So even though in the previous statement I said I'd had about 5 punctures in
> 8 years, you still read it as me saying I 'never have flats'?
>
> How could I possibly have stated that any more clearly????
> ---
> DFM

Typo, missed the word "almost".. uh dont bother, I dont want to know...

Luther Blissett <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Okay this will be my last post for this thread.
>
> I ask one question:
> Why did nobody reply to Zhang Li Yun's original question for 3 days?
> It's not like he asked a difficult question or anything, anybody could
> have answered it.
> So people must have not replied based on one of the following:
> (1) He has a chinese name, it must be spam. Ignore him.
> (2) His english is not very good, this is an AUSTALIAN newsgroup, so
> ignore him.
> (3) Plain old racism.
>
> So before you start making false claims of prejudice, think about that
> for a while, and ask yourself why it took 3 whole days for someone to
> answer his simple question. Prejudice comes in all forms, my friend.

WHOAH! Slow down there!!! Just because he is Chinese, does not mean that was
the basis for everyone ignoring him for so long! His question was also very
broad, and thus difficult to know how to approach it. He really should have
included some clues as to what type of riding he may have been planning.

It has nothing to do with his race, I am sure!
---
DFM