Want to know more about the bicycles

Lindsay Rowlands <[email protected]> wrote:

> gaza <[email protected]> wrote:
> : I've been lurking around this newsgroup for a week or so trying to pick up some info on an
> : upcoming bike purchase and being on the wrong side of 40, I have to ask......whatever happened
> : to the old vulcanised rubber patches I used as a kid. Are they obsolete/useless/unavailable?????
> : I remember they always seemed to work well, but you did need to carry a box of matches I think.
>
> In modern times, all that is required is a patch, some method of cleaning/roughing the area, and
> some glue. When properly applied, a patch can be a thing of beauty. My mate once had a MTB tube
> with 30 patches on it before he retired (scuse the pun) it. It would have passed for a Picasso in
> the right context.
>
> I remember the vulcanizing patches. They were bulky, needed a big brass clamp and were no better
> than the glue ones we have now. Spectacular just the same and great for pulling a crowd when lit.
> You could probably find a kit in an antique market. Lots of luck.

I forgot about that bloody clamp.. No wonder those things have dissappeared out of sight.

I'm going to Canberra on Saturday. I'll see if they have any in the fireworks shops!

--
Cheers LB

No matter how fast I ride, my posts always catch up with me.

hehe you offering Deep Flayed Mares? :eek:)

Mondays....I'm like a bear with a sore head :eek:)

Deep Flayed Mares wrote:

> Someone needs a hug!
> ---
> DFM
>
> John Staines <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jose
> >
> > I replied to Luthers post because I'm entitled to my opinion and wanted to disagree with what he
> > was refering to. Whether Luther agrees with me is upto him as he obviously has his own opinion
> > whether I think it's wrong is besides the point.
> >
> > You on the other hand think that your opinion, thoughts, drivel or whatever else you choose to
> > call them are the be all and end all and if the person, heaven forbid, should disagree with you
> > then you abuse and ridicule them.
> >
> > So get your head out of your **** cos I hate to break your self

> > If you want to discuss this further then I suggest you email in private or we could meet up face
> > to face and I'll show you what "quaint" is all about?????
> >

> > I apologise to the list as I would prefer to respond to Jose in private but am unable to do so
> >

> > Jose Rizal wrote:
> > >
> > > John Staines:

> > > Come now John, you've been shown to be a himbo more suited to giggling at gossip and inanities
> > > than discussing issues of substance, whether these be bike related or not. Why don't you just
> > > accept this and move on with your quaint little life?

> > > irrelevant to their behaviour in other areas.
> > >
> > > Why, if that wasn't just my point about mentioning someone's ethnicity in relation to their
> > > riding behaviour... and all that the power of your intellect can come up for that in retort
> > > was the devastating phrase "you

> > > Stick to giggles and gossip, my "tolerant friend".

John Staines:

> Jose
>
> I replied to Luthers

That's "Luther's".

> post because I'm entitled to my opinion and wanted to disagree with what he was refering to.

That's "referring".

> You on the other hand think that your opinion, thoughts, drivel or whatever else you choose to
> call them are the be all and end all and if the person, heaven forbid, should disagree with you
> then you abuse and ridicule them.

Excellent. Now having written that, let's now see what you follow it up with:

> So get your head out of your **** cos

That's "because"

> I hate to break your self delusional imagine

That's "image".

That's "you're".

Pretty contradictory to what you're preaching, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised though if it all
goes over your head.

> If you want to discuss this further then I suggest you email in private or we could meet up face
> to face and I'll show you what "quaint" is all about?????

No, I don't want a date with you, and I prefer that you keep your physical endowments out of sight,
if you please. I'm not into quaint little idiots who have no grasp of concepts slightly more complex
than the simplistic water-cooler banter about the previous day's telly. You might have better luck
with the singles ads.

That's "spineless".

> I apologise to the list as I would prefer to respond to Jose in private but am unable to do so

Why John, am I turning you on?

As expected, no comments on the topic raised, but instead another tiresome, barely literate whine
full of trailer trash name-calling and comical foot-stomping.

If you can't stand any insults, I suggest you stop dishing them out, as you can see form your post
below. Like I wrote before, stick to harmless giggling at gossip, Johnny.

> Jose Rizal wrote:
> >
> > John Staines:
> >
> > > Sorry, Luther, but I've never heard so much tosh in all my life! That goes for having to read
> > > Jose's posts an all.
> >
> > Come now John, you've been shown to be a himbo more suited to giggling at gossip and inanities
> > than discussing issues of substance, whether these be bike related or not. Why don't you just
> > accept this and move on with your quaint little life?
> >

> > > preference to make your point. Whether it be in jest or not.
> >

> > irrelevant to their behaviour in other areas.
> >
> > Why, if that wasn't just my point about mentioning someone's ethnicity in relation to their
> > riding behaviour... and all that the power of your intellect can come up for that in retort was
> > the devastating phrase "you

> > Stick to giggles and gossip, my "tolerant friend".

> As expected, no comments on the topic raised, but instead another tiresome, barely literate whine
> full of trailer trash name-calling and comical foot-stomping.

Any guesses as to the nationality of this guy?
---
DFM

Deffo a Springer/Ricki watcher.

But are you sure it's a guy?

Deep Flayed Mares wrote:

> > As expected, no comments on the topic raised, but instead another tiresome, barely literate
> > whine full of trailer trash name-calling and comical foot-stomping.
>
> Any guesses as to the nationality of this guy?
> ---
> DFM

"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote

> Any guesses as to the nationality of this guy?

I thought you were a horse.

Theo

John Staines:

> Deffo a Springer/Ricki watcher.

Yes, just keep giggling at gossip...

> But are you sure it's a guy?

Well, one thing I'm sure of: The University will be interested to know how you use its resources to
post your trash. You really are an incurable idiot for not being aware of the consequences of your
little personal vendettas on a public forum such as this.

It's amazing how you tout yourself as a University staff member, use a University e-mail account,
and spout the kind of illiterate, uneducated rubbish that you do. It's a poor reflection on the
University's judgement, and one which they might want to correct.

Keep up the posts: the dirt which will bury you just keep piling higher.