Want to ride to south america

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Asj, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. Asj

    Asj Guest

    I want to ride from Toronto to Machu Piccu and then climb it. Then fly back to Toronto. I am looking
    for prospective parteners and also a route. Anyone done something like this or can anyone direct me
    on how to find the best route. I think this will take 4-6 months. No roads from southern panama to
    northern columbia so may have to either fly or take a boat.

    Tags:

  2. >I want to ride from Toronto to Machu Piccu and then climb it. Then fly back to Toronto. I am
    >looking for prospective parteners and also a route. Anyone done something like this or can anyone
    >direct me on how to find the best route. I think this will take 4-6 months. No roads from southern
    >panama to northern columbia so may have to either fly or take a boat.

    One resource you may want to look at is Raph de Rooij's Travel To the Horizon site:
    http://travel.to/the.horizon (or also www.raph.nl). This site keeps a good collection of trip
    reports from bicycle tours throughout the world...from which you can find similar accounts, routes
    taken, etc.

    --mev, Mike Vermeulen

  3. Ken Brown

    Ken Brown Guest

    Another site to look at is http://www.downtheroad.org/

    These travellers are in Panama now.

    Ken [email protected] (ASJ) wrote:

    >I want to ride from Toronto to Machu Piccu and then climb it. Then fly back to Toronto. I am
    >looking for prospective parteners and also a route. Anyone done something like this or can anyone
    >direct me on how to find the best route. I think this will take 4-6 months. No roads from southern
    >panama to northern columbia so may have to either fly or take a boat.

    Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam" if
    replying via e-mail