Want to ride to south america

Status

Asj

Guest
I want to ride from Toronto to Machu Piccu and then climb it. Then fly back to Toronto. I am looking
for prospective parteners and also a route. Anyone done something like this or can anyone direct me
on how to find the best route. I think this will take 4-6 months. No roads from southern panama to
northern columbia so may have to either fly or take a boat.

Mike Vermeulen

Guest
>I want to ride from Toronto to Machu Piccu and then climb it. Then fly back to Toronto. I am
>looking for prospective parteners and also a route. Anyone done something like this or can anyone
>direct me on how to find the best route. I think this will take 4-6 months. No roads from southern
>panama to northern columbia so may have to either fly or take a boat.

One resource you may want to look at is Raph de Rooij's Travel To the Horizon site:
http://travel.to/the.horizon (or also www.raph.nl). This site keeps a good collection of trip
reports from bicycle tours throughout the world...from which you can find similar accounts, routes
taken, etc.

--mev, Mike Vermeulen

Ken Brown

Guest
Another site to look at is http://www.downtheroad.org/

These travellers are in Panama now.

Ken [email protected] (ASJ) wrote:

>I want to ride from Toronto to Machu Piccu and then climb it. Then fly back to Toronto. I am
>looking for prospective parteners and also a route. Anyone done something like this or can anyone
>direct me on how to find the best route. I think this will take 4-6 months. No roads from southern
>panama to northern columbia so may have to either fly or take a boat.

Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam" if
replying via e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.