wanted - 105 LH crank 172.5mm

Stephen Pridgeo

Guest
I've managed to strip the pedal thread on my crank, so I'm in need of a new one.

It must have a square taper.

If anyone has one lying around, near to West London, which they don't need anymore, I'd
appreciate a line.

Many thanks, steveP

stephen pridgeon wrote:
> I've managed to strip the pedal thread on my crank, so I'm in need of a new one.
>
> It must have a square taper.
>
> If anyone has one lying around, near to West London, which they don't need anymore, I'd
> appreciate a line.
>
> Many thanks, steveP

I might have one of those, I have some old crank sets lying around. One maybe 172.5 I'll have a look
tomorrow night, too busy tonight.

stephen pridgeon wrote:
> I've managed to strip the pedal thread on my crank, so I'm in need of a new one.
>
> It must have a square taper.
>
> If anyone has one lying around, near to West London, which they don't need anymore, I'd
> appreciate a line.
>
> Many thanks, steveP

Just checked, I have an old 105 crankset with 170mm cranks. It has blue biopace rings. The cranks
are usual silver colour and have quite a lot of white surface marks caused by salt corrosion. I am
sure they are just superficial. If you are interested I can take a picture and you can have them for
twice of whatever it will cost to send them to you I can remove the rings if you don't want them.

I also have a spare 170mm Ofmega LH crank in perfect condition and a old Deore chainset, again 170mm
with triple biopace rings, the rings are worn but the cranks are servicable.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:41:39 +0100, "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just checked, I have an old 105 crankset with 170mm cranks. It has blue biopace rings. The cranks
>are usual silver colour and have quite a lot of white surface marks caused by salt corrosion. I
>am sure they are just superficial. If you are interested I can take a picture and you can have
>them for twice of whatever it will cost to send them to you I can remove the rings if you don't
>want them.

If the OP doesn't want the 105 chainset I'll give it a good home. I need to get another winter
hack sorted before the weather gets too dire and I need another chainset to get my old Raleigh
running again.

I'd be quite interested to try Biopace rings too....

Cheers

Bob.
--

Bob

Email address is munged. To reply directly remove the beverage.

Call me Bob wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:41:39 +0100, "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Just checked, I have an old 105 crankset with 170mm cranks. It has blue biopace rings. The cranks
>> are usual silver colour and have quite a lot of white surface marks caused by salt corrosion. I
>> am sure they are just superficial. If you are interested I can take a picture and you can have
>> them for twice of whatever it will cost to send them to you I can remove the rings if you don't
>> want them.
>
> If the OP doesn't want the 105 chainset I'll give it a good home. I need to get another winter
> hack sorted before the weather gets too dire and I need another chainset to get my old Raleigh
> running again.
>
> I'd be quite interested to try Biopace rings too....
>
> Cheers
>
> Bob.

I'll give the OP until Thursday night to leave a message here, if there is no reponse or a negative
one I can send it to you on Saturday. I have a 'blue' 52 teeth BP ring and a 'blue' 42. I also have
a silver 50 and a silver 40 (I think) BP ring. Do you want to see pictures ? I also have a 'blue'
105 single pivot front brake caliper if you are interested.

Please email me at mseries1965 at hotmail dot com with your details and by return I'll send mine.
The deal is I send the parts to you and upon receipt you send me a cheque for twice the P&P.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> stephen pridgeon wrote:
> > I've managed to strip the pedal thread on my crank, so I'm in need of a new one.
> >
> > It must have a square taper.
> >
> > If anyone has one lying around, near to West London, which they don't need anymore, I'd
> > appreciate a line.
> >
> > Many thanks, steveP
>
> Just checked, I have an old 105 crankset with 170mm cranks. It has blue biopace rings. The cranks
> are usual silver colour and have quite a lot of white surface marks caused by salt corrosion. I
> am sure they are just superficial. If you are interested I can take a picture and you can have
> them for twice of whatever it will cost to send them to you I can remove the rings if you don't
> want them.
>
> I also have a spare 170mm Ofmega LH crank in perfect condition and a old Deore chainset, again
> 170mm with triple biopace rings, the rings are worn but the cranks are servicable.

Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm really after 172.5 cranks. Many thanks again - your generousity
is fantastic.

Regards SteveP

stephen pridgeon wrote:
> "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> stephen pridgeon wrote:
>>> I've managed to strip the pedal thread on my crank, so I'm in need of a new one.
>>>
>>> It must have a square taper.
>>>
>>> If anyone has one lying around, near to West London, which they don't need anymore, I'd
>>> appreciate a line.
>>>
>>> Many thanks, steveP
>>
>> Just checked, I have an old 105 crankset with 170mm cranks. It has blue biopace rings. The cranks
>> are usual silver colour and have quite a lot of white surface marks caused by salt corrosion. I
>> am sure they are just superficial. If you are interested I can take a picture and you can have
>> them for twice of whatever it will cost to send them to you I can remove the rings if you don't
>> want them.
>>
>> I also have a spare 170mm Ofmega LH crank in perfect condition and a old Deore chainset, again
>> 170mm with triple biopace rings, the rings are worn but the cranks are servicable.
>
> Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm really after 172.5 cranks. Many thanks again - your generousity
> is fantastic.
>
> Regards SteveP

No problem Steve, send me your details by email Bob and let me know which bits you want.

--

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:15 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote:

>No problem Steve, send me your details by email Bob and let me know which bits you want.

Woohoo! Email on its way.

:)