Wanted 2001 Schwinn Moab

Jen wrote:

> Wanted New Never used 2001 Schwinn Moab frame in 17"

Good luck. But I'll make you a deal on a 98 steel Moab 1. Then again, it'd be like selling a child,
so never mind.

Paladin Leaning on my cane, "Schwinn, not what it used to be sonny, back in my day."

> Doesn't SuperGo sell these? Maybe a complete bike?
>
> --
> - Zilla

Negative. Supergo sold those two years ago when they were 2001 closeouts. Long gone, however.

-John Morgan
--
"I tried lube, careful prying, careful digging and even not so careful digging. Little chunks of
rubber." --Sad Bob

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Wanted New Never used 2001 Schwinn Moab frame in 17"

Two things to keep in mind.

ICBM headsets are damned difficult to find. Yes you can get them but they may not be as good a fit
as the originals. My aftermarket doesn't fit perfectly, leaves about a mm gap above the headtube.

And dreailleur hangers are near impossible to find for the moab frames. I asked the bastards at
Pacific where to get one, after searching local shops and the net, and they helpfully replied (a
month or so after the guaranteed 48 hr response time) to check my "local Schwinn dealer". Uh, great,
there aren't any more around me, you bastards screwed them over, remember? My hanger has been beat
to death and is attached with a little more than spit and bubble gum.

I love the bike but it's soon time for a new frame, I wouldn't get one if I were you, unless it's a
nostalgia thing.

Chris

well I was looking for a new project for the winter. I also have a Schwinn homegrown Pro frame and I
know what your talking about when you say your looking for a derailer hanger, I can find a spare.

As forit's a nostalgia thing. Yes it is you have to love a 2.65 lb frame. ;-)

"ctg" <n/a@n/a.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Wanted New Never used 2001 Schwinn Moab frame in 17"
> >

> Two things to keep in mind.
>
> ICBM headsets are damned difficult to find. Yes you can get them but they may not be as good a fit
> as the originals. My aftermarket doesn't fit perfectly, leaves about a mm gap above the headtube.
>
> And dreailleur hangers are near impossible to find for the moab frames. I asked the bastards at
> Pacific where to get one, after searching local
shops
> and the net, and they helpfully replied (a month or so after the
guaranteed
> 48 hr response time) to check my "local Schwinn dealer". Uh, great, there aren't any more around
> me, you bastards screwed them over, remember? My hanger has been beat to death and is attached
> with a little more than spit and bubble gum.
>
> I love the bike but it's soon time for a new frame, I wouldn't get one if
> were you, unless it's a nostalgia thing.
>
> Chris

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> well I was looking for a new project for the winter. I also have a Schwinn homegrown Pro frame
> and I know what your talking about when you say your looking for a derailer hanger, I can find
> a spare.

Where? I've been looking for a while. Is it a private thing or a dealer somewhere?

Chris

No I have been looking aswell & I haven't found any yet. I'm thinking of selling my homegrown frame
because of this. the one on my frame is good but I was told by a local shop to find an extra.