Wanted: 2003 Paris-Roubaix Video

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rhino, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. rhino

    rhino New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2003
    Was wondering if any kind folk have or know how to get the 2003 paris-roubaix on Video tape. I would like to get a copy, if this is possible could you please send me a PM so I can organise everything.

    Would also consider the other 2003 classics.

    Thanks :D

    Tags:

  2. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    Hi Rhino,
    i taped all the cycling highlights off SBS last year so have leige, roubaix, paris-nice, world champs and the vuelta on one tape.
    where do you live?

  3. jcjordan

    jcjordan New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2004
    Heck i would love a copy of that. I can never get good reception on SBS no matter where i live.

    I am in South Australia currently and would happly cover the cost of the tape and shipping.

    James:D

  4. rhino

    rhino New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2003
    I live in View Bank, Melbourne.

    Thanks for that, it would be fantasic.

  5. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    jcjordan and rhino,
    I will have to find out how much it costs to buy a tape, copy onto it and ship it over. I will do some investigating today and over the weekend.

    by the way, you should start your own 2004 tape!, the leige-bastogne-liege and roubaix are on this sunday;) :p

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Where and When Mr 27 ?

  7. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige
    9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris - Roubaix

    dont miss it!

    and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004 tape as well:p

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    tanx 4 that

    will stick tape in, in-between supervising brekky-in-bed on M's day and other stuff!

  9. jcjordan

    jcjordan New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2004
    my main problem is that i dont get SBS, looks like i am doing some early morning visiting on Sunday

  10. Roadie_scum

    Roadie_scum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,288
    Did anyone else think the commentary on Paris-Nice was the worst ever attempt at cycling journalism? Like when CSC were splitting the race asunder in the cross/headwinds after the corner on the second stage, and the commentator says, "ah yes, riding well to protect their leader", who is shown rolling off the front after a turn. Or where an Iles-Balears rider goes on the offensive, and the guy reads the list of his teammates, because he knows nothing (NOTHING!) about bike racing and can't tell us anything interesting. Or where he gives time gaps but not distance remaining... I could go on... at least they showed it, but how on earth are people going to get interested in bike racing when the commentator himself seems bored and is boring?

    Hope the Phil and Paul show returns for Roubaix and Liege!

  11. Daveb

    Daveb Guest

    Roadie_scum wrote:
    > byron27 wrote:
    > > 9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige 9th May - 11:00am -
    > > SBS - Paris - Roubaix dont miss it! and i hope you all
    > > saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that was on
    > > last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my
    > > 2004 tape as well:p
    >

    > Did anyone else think the commentary on Paris-Nice was
    > the worst ever attempt at cycling journalism? Like when
    > CSC were splitting the race asunder in the
    > cross/headwinds after the corner on the second stage, and
    > the commentator says, "ah yes, riding well to protect
    > their leader", who is shown rolling off the front after a
    > turn. Or where an Iles-Balears rider goes on the
    > offensive, and the guy reads the list of his teammates,
    > because he knows nothing (NOTHING!) about bike racing and
    > can't tell us anything interesting. Or where he gives
    > time gaps but not distance remaining... I could go on...
    > at least they showed it, but how on earth are people
    > going to get interested in bike racing when the
    > commentator himself seems bored and is boring?
    >
    > Hope the Phil and Paul show returns for Roubaix and Liege!
    >

    > --

    I was thinking the same thing. I've only started watching
    the cyclign in the past year and after watching Paris-Nice I
    really appreciated the commentary on the TDF where the
    commentary adds some value. The commentary on Paris-Nice was
    more like background noise.

    DaveB

  12. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    I have a copy of live Eurosport television of this race and
    a few other classics (Flanders, Gent Wevelgem Amstel..etc).
    These are not the SBS edited versions. Let me know if you
    are interested

    Peter

    "rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I live in View Bank, Melbourne.
    >
    > Thanks for that, it would be fantasic.
    >

    > --

  13. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    >Originally posted by Peter Vesel
    >I have a copy of live Eurosport television of this race and
    >a few other classics (Flanders, Gent Wevelgem Amstel..etc).
    >These are not the SBS edited versions. Let me know if you
    >are interested

    Where do these come from? Are they available on aussie
    paytv or do you have buddies in Europe? Or from the guy
    that sells them DVD-format online?

    hippy

  14. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    > >Originally posted by Peter Vesel I have a copy of live
    > >Eurosport television of this race and a few other
    > >classics (Flanders, Gent Wevelgem Amstel..etc). These are
    > >not the SBS edited versions. Let me know if you are
    > >interested
    >
    > Where do these come from? Are they available on aussie
    > paytv or do you have buddies in Europe? Or from the guy
    > that sells them DVD- format online?
    >
    > hippy
    >

    > --

    England