Wanted: 2003 Paris-Roubaix Video

rhino

New Member
Nov 16, 2003
Was wondering if any kind folk have or know how to get the 2003 paris-roubaix on Video tape. I would like to get a copy, if this is possible could you please send me a PM so I can organise everything.

Would also consider the other 2003 classics.

Thanks :D

Originally posted by rhino
Was wondering if any kind folk have or know how to get the 2003 paris-roubaix on Video tape. I would like to get a copy, if this is possible could you please send me a PM so I can organise everything.

Would also consider the other 2003 classics.

Thanks :D

Hi Rhino,
i taped all the cycling highlights off SBS last year so have leige, roubaix, paris-nice, world champs and the vuelta on one tape.
where do you live?

Originally posted by byron27
Hi Rhino,
i taped all the cycling highlights off SBS last year so have leige, roubaix, paris-nice, world champs and the vuelta on one tape.
where do you live?

Heck i would love a copy of that. I can never get good reception on SBS no matter where i live.

I am in South Australia currently and would happly cover the cost of the tape and shipping.

James:D

I live in View Bank, Melbourne.

Thanks for that, it would be fantasic.

Originally posted by rhino
I live in View Bank, Melbourne.

Thanks for that, it would be fantasic.
jcjordan and rhino,
I will have to find out how much it costs to buy a tape, copy onto it and ship it over. I will do some investigating today and over the weekend.

by the way, you should start your own 2004 tape!, the leige-bastogne-liege and roubaix are on this sunday;) :p

Originally posted by byron27

by the way, you should start your own 2004 tape!, the leige-bastogne-liege and roubaix are on this sunday;) :p

Where and When Mr 27 ?

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Where and When Mr 27 ?

9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige
9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris - Roubaix

dont miss it!

and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004 tape as well:p

Originally posted by byron27
9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige
9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris - Roubaix

dont miss it!

and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004 tape as well:p

tanx 4 that

will stick tape in, in-between supervising brekky-in-bed on M's day and other stuff!

Originally posted by flyingdutch
tanx 4 that

will stick tape in, in-between supervising brekky-in-bed on M's day and other stuff!

my main problem is that i dont get SBS, looks like i am doing some early morning visiting on Sunday

Originally posted by byron27
9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige
9th May - 11:00am - SBS - Paris - Roubaix

dont miss it!

and i hope you all saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that was on last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my 2004 tape as well:p

Did anyone else think the commentary on Paris-Nice was the worst ever attempt at cycling journalism? Like when CSC were splitting the race asunder in the cross/headwinds after the corner on the second stage, and the commentator says, "ah yes, riding well to protect their leader", who is shown rolling off the front after a turn. Or where an Iles-Balears rider goes on the offensive, and the guy reads the list of his teammates, because he knows nothing (NOTHING!) about bike racing and can't tell us anything interesting. Or where he gives time gaps but not distance remaining... I could go on... at least they showed it, but how on earth are people going to get interested in bike racing when the commentator himself seems bored and is boring?

Hope the Phil and Paul show returns for Roubaix and Liege!

Roadie_scum wrote:
> byron27 wrote:
> > 9th May - 10:30am - SBS - Leige 9th May - 11:00am -
> > SBS - Paris - Roubaix dont miss it! and i hope you all
> > saw the flesche wallone and paris-nice that was on
> > last week on SBS otherwise you will want a copy of my
> > 2004 tape as well:p
>

> Did anyone else think the commentary on Paris-Nice was
> the worst ever attempt at cycling journalism? Like when
> CSC were splitting the race asunder in the
> cross/headwinds after the corner on the second stage, and
> the commentator says, "ah yes, riding well to protect
> their leader", who is shown rolling off the front after a
> turn. Or where an Iles-Balears rider goes on the
> offensive, and the guy reads the list of his teammates,
> because he knows nothing (NOTHING!) about bike racing and
> can't tell us anything interesting. Or where he gives
> time gaps but not distance remaining... I could go on...
> at least they showed it, but how on earth are people
> going to get interested in bike racing when the
> commentator himself seems bored and is boring?
>
> Hope the Phil and Paul show returns for Roubaix and Liege!
>

> --

I was thinking the same thing. I've only started watching
the cyclign in the past year and after watching Paris-Nice I
really appreciated the commentary on the TDF where the
commentary adds some value. The commentary on Paris-Nice was
more like background noise.

DaveB

I have a copy of live Eurosport television of this race and
a few other classics (Flanders, Gent Wevelgem Amstel..etc).
These are not the SBS edited versions. Let me know if you
are interested

Peter

"rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I live in View Bank, Melbourne.
>
> Thanks for that, it would be fantasic.
>

> --

>Originally posted by Peter Vesel
>I have a copy of live Eurosport television of this race and
>a few other classics (Flanders, Gent Wevelgem Amstel..etc).
>These are not the SBS edited versions. Let me know if you
>are interested

Where do these come from? Are they available on aussie
paytv or do you have buddies in Europe? Or from the guy
that sells them DVD-format online?

hippy

> >Originally posted by Peter Vesel I have a copy of live
> >Eurosport television of this race and a few other
> >classics (Flanders, Gent Wevelgem Amstel..etc). These are
> >not the SBS edited versions. Let me know if you are
> >interested
>
> Where do these come from? Are they available on aussie
> paytv or do you have buddies in Europe? Or from the guy
> that sells them DVD- format online?
>
> hippy
>

> --

England

Originally posted by rhino
Was wondering if any kind folk have or know how to get the 2003 paris-roubaix on Video tape. I would like to get a copy, if this is possible could you please send me a PM so I can organise everything.

Would also consider the other 2003 classics.

Thanks :D

Try www.worldcycling.com they sell DVD's and videos, one hitch, the first transaction has to be done by wire or bank draft, thereafter card.
Cheers,
IW