Wanted: 28.6 front mech band adaptor

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tom Jackson, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Tom Jackson

    Tom Jackson Guest

    Hi,

    Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor, for
    fitting braze-on front mechs to frames without the braze
    on hanger, that is surplus to requirements and be
    willing to sell.

    I've seen a couple of on-line stores with them listed, but
    only in size 31.4mm and I need a 28.6mm.

    SJS have one listed, but at 12.99, and 5quid post, it would
    end up cheaper to buy a new front mech!

    Thanks.

    tom.

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Tom Jackson wrote:
    > Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor, for
    > fitting braze-on front mechs to frames without the braze
    > on hanger, that is surplus to requirements and be willing
    > to sell.
    >
    > I've seen a couple of on-line stores with them listed, but
    > only in size 31.4mm and I need a 28.6mm.
    >
    > SJS have one listed, but at 12.99, and 5quid post, it
    > would end up cheaper to buy a new front mech!

    You missed one on eBay last night :-(

    Xpedia have a 28.6 at £7.95 + £2.50ish postage: http://www.-
    frogbuilder.com/index.phtml?d=374&address=www.xpedia.co.uk/-
    acat alog/online.html

    ~PB

  3. A.Lee

    A.Lee Guest

    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:08:49 +0000, Tom Jackson wrote:

    > Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor, for
    > fitting braze-on front mechs to frames without the braze
    > on hanger, SJS have one listed, but at 12.99, and 5quid
    > post, it would end up cheaper to buy a new front mech!

    Yes, I had the same trouble.Much easier to buy a new front
    mech, and sell the old one on ebay, or here if it is any
    good. Alan.

    http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North
    Midlands.

  4. Tom Jackson

    Tom Jackson Guest

    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:47:10 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
    <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

    >Tom Jackson wrote:
    >> Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor,

    >You missed one on eBay last night :-(
    >
    >Xpedia have a 28.6 at £7.95 + £2.50ish postage: http://www-
    >.frogbuilder.com/index.phtml?d=374&address=www.xpedia.co.u-
    >k/acat alog/online.html

    Hi Pete,

    Thanks for that. Hadn't thought about Xpedia, it's not
    normally a site I think of for odd bits like this.

    Darn shame about the ebay one...

    tom.