Wanted: 28.6 front mech band adaptor

Tom Jackson

Guest
Hi,

Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor, for
fitting braze-on front mechs to frames without the braze
on hanger, that is surplus to requirements and be
willing to sell.

I've seen a couple of on-line stores with them listed, but
only in size 31.4mm and I need a 28.6mm.

SJS have one listed, but at 12.99, and 5quid post, it would
end up cheaper to buy a new front mech!

Thanks.

tom.

Tom Jackson wrote:
> Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor, for
> fitting braze-on front mechs to frames without the braze
> on hanger, that is surplus to requirements and be willing
> to sell.
>
> I've seen a couple of on-line stores with them listed, but
> only in size 31.4mm and I need a 28.6mm.
>
> SJS have one listed, but at 12.99, and 5quid post, it
> would end up cheaper to buy a new front mech!

You missed one on eBay last night :-(

Xpedia have a 28.6 at £7.95 + £2.50ish postage: http://www.-
frogbuilder.com/index.phtml?d=374&address=www.xpedia.co.uk/-
acat alog/online.html

~PB

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:08:49 +0000, Tom Jackson wrote:

> Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor, for
> fitting braze-on front mechs to frames without the braze
> on hanger, SJS have one listed, but at 12.99, and 5quid
> post, it would end up cheaper to buy a new front mech!

Yes, I had the same trouble.Much easier to buy a new front
mech, and sell the old one on ebay, or here if it is any
good. Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North
Midlands.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:47:10 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
<ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

>Tom Jackson wrote:
>> Does anybody have a 28.6 front mech band adaptor,

>You missed one on eBay last night :-(
>
>Xpedia have a 28.6 at £7.95 + £2.50ish postage: http://www-
>.frogbuilder.com/index.phtml?d=374&address=www.xpedia.co.u-
>k/acat alog/online.html

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. Hadn't thought about Xpedia, it's not
normally a site I think of for odd bits like this.

Darn shame about the ebay one...

tom.