wanted: 29'er wheelset

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Erin, Feb 12, 2005.

  1. Erin

    Erin Guest

    I'd like to set up a second 29'er....a really lightweight road version
    with my Kenda Qwest tire. It would be a big help to my wallet if I
    could get a used wheelset. Let me know if you have one to sell.

    thanks

    --
    Erin - Onewheeler

    Ride more, with less.
    Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

  2. jagur

    jagur Guest

    thats funny i just got mine built tonite and your already temping me to
    sell it..just kidding. its far to earley to sell, maybe in a month :D

    | Attachment filename: feb12670.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/278023|

    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  3. Erin

    Erin Guest

  4. UniBrier

    UniBrier Guest

    I've got a spare 48 hole 700c rim. 19 mm OD, 15 mm ID.

    Just needs hub, bearings, spokes, wheel build, tube, tire, cranks, and
    pedals.

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve

    Do your feet smell? Does you nose run?...You may be built upside down.
    -Old joke I found in a Mad Magazine many moons ago.

    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

  5. Erin

    Erin Guest

    Thanks for that offer Steve.

    I think I will hold out with the hopes of getting a complete
    wheelset....well except pedals and tire which I already have. This
    would save collecting all the bits and getting the wheel built which
    might cost me more than actually just buying it new.... :(

    Nevertheless, thanks. :)

    --
    Erin - Onewheeler

    Ride more, with less.
    Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

  6. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:21:04 -0600, "Erin" wrote:

    >It would be a big help to my wallet if I
    >could get a used wheelset.

    My used 29" wheelset is more expensive than a new one. So the
    potential "help" to your wallet is actually helping to empty it. :)

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    people who unicycle are shyly exhibitionistic - GILD

  7. jagur

    jagur Guest

    Erin wrote:
    > * This would save collecting all the bits and getting the wheel built
    > which might cost me more than actually just buying it new.... :(
    > *

    nope,sorry doesnt work like that.

    the wheel you see above (and below) goes like this.

    cranks...$27
    hub.......$25
    spokes 14/15 double butted 60 cents x36= $21.50
    rim....$40 (salsa Delgato X)

    total...$113.50 US

    tyre? (your choice therefor not included,tube? $4bucks

    build your own wheel save about $50.....its not rocket science either
    and the reward of putting it all together yourself is most
    rewarding......)

    | Attachment filename: feb13699.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/278085|

    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  8. Bob22b

    Bob22b Guest

  9. Torker doesnt have Sh*t on ur uni stand man thats awesome im not sure my
    parents would aprove if i did it though lol

    --
    burnitalltwice - "I'm not fat..I'm festively plump!"

    VOTE FOR PEDRO!
    "How do "do not walk on grass" signs get there?"
    "Can a person with no ears wear glasses?"
    "Do coffins have lifetime guarantees?"
    "Isn't Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse?"
    aim-burnitalltwice
    email-burnitalltwice
    burnitalltwice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9131