Wanted: 2nd Hand Track Bike ( Melbourne )

Timbo77

Nov 29, 2004
Hi !

Havent ridden track for a while and was keen to have a crack again. Only problem is i dont have a track bike ! lol

Anyone in Melbourne looking to get rid of their old track bike...preferably alluminium or carbon and one that is in good cond.

Also.....i would greatly appreciate if anyone has any advice on what a good, reasonably priced new track bike would be !

Cheers :rolleyes:

Timbo77 said:
Also.....i would greatly appreciate if anyone has any advice on what a good, reasonably priced new track bike would be
About 850 will get you new Avanti Pista, if you twist your dealer's arm a bit. Otherwise 900 is the retail price.

I think the Hillbrick Ryan Bayley Signature is in that range as well.

Specialized Langster - about 1400, but that's more of a street bike that can be 'trackified'.

If you can find a Fuji track bike anywhere, apparently its fairly inexpensive compared to the above, but I'm not sure how much. My guess would be about 700 for a new specimen.

n

531Aussie said:
what size?

Bicycle Recycle in Moorabbin have a few 9555 8692
531Ozman - the Bicycle Recycle pimp :D Have you negotiated a commission from them yet??:p

Wilchemy said:
531Ozman - the Bicycle Recycle pimp :D Have you negotiated a commission from them yet??:p
I bloody should!! But I s'pose it's figured into to all the deals I get :)

Thylacine said:
Kewl, find me a 62cm one, lugged Steel, of course. :)
Find one like that & there'll be a building site missing its scaffold somewhere!! :D

....sorry for the thread hijack timbo :)

Wilchemy said:
Find one like that & there'll be a building site missing its scaffold somewhere!! :D

....sorry for the thread hijack timbo :)
Shaddap shortie! :p

:D LMAO.............Classic !

Thanks for the advice fellas, i will give them a call for sure. Im about 189cm. Will they be able to work frame size out for me also ?

Thanks again
Timbo

Thanks Nerdag,

Does anyone know of a good club to join....as mentioned i am starting out again and would like to enter in the lower grades first and build my way up.

Cheers

Depending on where you live of course, but theses are some clubs that have a strong track scene (and velodromes)-
Carnegie Caulfield, Blackburn, Coburg, Brunswick, Northcote.

That is just off the top of my head so aopologies to any clubs I have left out.

Track racing is available all year round now to with winter racing at night on the indoor track at DISC in Northcote.