Wanted bike trailer for car

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian Nicoll, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. Ian Nicoll

    Ian Nicoll Guest

    Does anyone know of a bike trailer for sale at a reasonable price? I would like one which would take
    5-6 bikes.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    ian nicoll wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a bike trailer for sale at a reasonable price? I would like one which would
    > take 5-6 bikes.

    I noticed this from the Oldam cycle centre web site when purchasing some of their bargain (£30 -
    thats a bargain isn't it?) titanium forks - I don't know if its still available or if this is what
    you call a reasonable price, but it looks good to me:

    (Next to a picture of the thing) Pendle bike trailer, complete with indespension suspension. Number
    board and lighting. Takes 4 bikes and a tandem down the centre. Little use, very good condition. Was
    £499-99, now £249-00. Call Rob on 0161 624 8260. £249-00

    I suspect they mean "independent" suspension.

    JimP

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ian nicoll wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of a bike trailer for sale at a reasonable price? I
    would
    > > like one which would take 5-6 bikes.
    >
    > I noticed this from the Oldam cycle centre web site when purchasing some of their bargain (£30 -
    > thats a bargain isn't it?) titanium forks - I don't know if its still available or if this is what
    > you call a reasonable price, but it looks good to me:
    >
    > (Next to a picture of the thing) Pendle bike trailer, complete with indespension suspension.
    > Number board and lighting. Takes 4 bikes and a tandem down the centre. Little use, very good
    > condition. Was £499-99, now £249-00. Call Rob on 0161 624 8260. £249-00
    >
    > I suspect they mean "independent" suspension.

    Indespension is a brand name. Not sure if it's still done this way but the way it worked a few years
    back was you have a big square section mounted to the trailer, and a smaller square one to the arm
    the wheel sits on. Put the smaller one inside, and put 4 rubber cyclinders in the gaps. The rubber
    acts as spring and damper.

    Yes, it is independent.

    cheers, clive