Wanted: Celeste (Bianchi green) brake hoods and cable housing

lahlypop

New Member
May 26, 2004
Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and would really love to have the original color of cable housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or something? If anyone has these items to sell please let me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though, I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color original and the brakes aren't that great.

Lori

Lori, There is a set of Celeste green Modolo Brake lever
hoods on Ebay right now. 2 days left in auction. My advice
is to bid high, and bid late if you really need these exact
hoods badly! If you can't be around to bid near the
auction's end, sign up to an esnipe service like
auctionstealer.com Mark

lahlypop <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
> would really love to have the original color of cable
> housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
> easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
> kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
> something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
> me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
> look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
> modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
> buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
> I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
> original and the brakes aren't that great.
>
> Lori
>

> --

"lahlypop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
> would really love to have the original color of cable
> housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
> easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
> kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
> something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
> me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
> look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
> modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
> buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
> I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
> original and the brakes aren't that great.

I looked high and low for the celeste cable housing. It
was only made for awhile and seems to be out of stock. I
would assume that it would be made again in the not too
distant future but perhaps you'll take care of your
problem as I did mine:

I got a set of white cables and cut them and fitted them and
then removed them and gave them a light coat of celeste
spray paint that I had the local paint house make up for me.
They called it "light green" but it was as celeste as most
of the older Bianchis. The housing that came originally on
some Bianchis was too bright and mine looked a great deal
better in my opinion.