Wanted: Celeste (Bianchi green) brake hoods and cable housing

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by lahlypop, May 26, 2004.

  1. lahlypop

    lahlypop New Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2004
    Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and would really love to have the original color of cable housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or something? If anyone has these items to sell please let me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though, I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color original and the brakes aren't that great.

    Lori

    Tags:

  2. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Lori, There is a set of Celeste green Modolo Brake lever
    hoods on Ebay right now. 2 days left in auction. My advice
    is to bid high, and bid late if you really need these exact
    hoods badly! If you can't be around to bid near the
    auction's end, sign up to an esnipe service like
    auctionstealer.com Mark

    lahlypop <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
    > would really love to have the original color of cable
    > housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
    > easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
    > kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
    > something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
    > me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
    > look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
    > modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
    > buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
    > I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
    > original and the brakes aren't that great.
    >
    > Lori
    >

    > --

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "lahlypop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
    > would really love to have the original color of cable
    > housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
    > easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
    > kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
    > something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
    > me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
    > look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
    > modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
    > buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
    > I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
    > original and the brakes aren't that great.

    I looked high and low for the celeste cable housing. It
    was only made for awhile and seems to be out of stock. I
    would assume that it would be made again in the not too
    distant future but perhaps you'll take care of your
    problem as I did mine:

    I got a set of white cables and cut them and fitted them and
    then removed them and gave them a light coat of celeste
    spray paint that I had the local paint house make up for me.
    They called it "light green" but it was as celeste as most
    of the older Bianchis. The housing that came originally on
    some Bianchis was too bright and mine looked a great deal
    better in my opinion.