    MSeries Guest

    Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
    fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
    have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
    I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
    get me started.

    skank martin at hotmail dot com

    Tags:

  2. On 2004-06-30, MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
    > fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
    > have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
    > I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
    > get me started.

    I asked in Halfords once, was thinking of adding a standard front
    reflector to my trike. They had a box of spare bits including loads of
    brackets and reflectors and things for attaching LED light brackets to
    the back of said trike's seat.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
    _/ _/ _/ _/

  3. On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:00:53 +0100, "MSeries"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
    >fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
    >have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
    >I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
    >get me started.

    You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin,
    then.

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  4. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    wrote:
    > You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin, then.

    Its a long way to go Guy, I have the reflectors which I don't need, in
    my spares bin but no brackets. I think I used the bracket on my old MTB
    to guard against the straddle cable catching the knobs on the tyre.

    It is currently touch and go whether or not I'll be going to BikeFest.
    If I get a job lined up and can do my LEJOG, that's what I'll be doing.
    If not I'll go to BikeFest on whatever time I can spare (with no job
    I'll have tons of time).

    --

  5. On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:30:10 GMT, MSeries
    <[email protected]>:

    > > You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin, then.

    >Its a long way to go Guy,

    And that's my fault? ;-)

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:30:10 GMT, MSeries
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    > > > You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin, then.

    > >Its a long way to go Guy,

    > And that's my fault? ;-)

    Of course. You could live closer to him if you chose to. :)

    --
    Dave...

  7. MSeries wrote:

    > Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
    > fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
    > have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
    > I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
    > get me started.

    [going OT] Front reflectors are near-useless, but the brackets are good
    on MTBs with cantilever brakes (if any still exist). If the main cable
    brakes the straddle wire gets caught on the bracket instead of your
    knobblies.

  8. iarocu

    iarocu Guest

    "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
    > fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
    > have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
    > I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
    > get me started.
    >
    > skank martin at hotmail dot com

    I have what I think your looking for on my commuter. And I was
    thinking of ditching it anyway as its not needed due to my handlebar
    mounted flasher and niMh lights. Its a L shaped brackety thing with
    attached front reflector.. Free to a good home if you E-mail me your
    address.
    Iain

  9. iarocu

    iarocu Guest

    "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
    > fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
    > have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
    > I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
    > get me started.
    >
    > skank martin at hotmail dot com

    I have such a thing. I was thinking about ditching it anyway. So free
    to a good home if you E-mail me your address.
    Iain

  10. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Zog The Undeniable wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >
    >> Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached
    >> to the fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ?
    >> Do you still have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to
    >> my latest project ? I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps,
    >> just need a proper bracket to get me started.

    > [going OT] Front reflectors are near-useless, but the brackets are
    > good
    > on MTBs with cantilever brakes (if any still exist). If the main
    > cable brakes the straddle wire gets caught on the bracket instead of
    > your knobblies.

    Yes I know, thats where my bracket went, then the whole bike went.