MSeries

Guest
Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
get me started.

skank martin at hotmail dot com

On 2004-06-30, MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:
> Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
> fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
> have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
> I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
> get me started.

I asked in Halfords once, was thinking of adding a standard front
reflector to my trike. They had a box of spare bits including loads of
brackets and reflectors and things for attaching LED light brackets to
the back of said trike's seat.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
_/ _/ _/ _/

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:00:53 +0100, "MSeries"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
>fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
>have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
>I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
>get me started.

You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin,
then.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin, then.

Its a long way to go Guy, I have the reflectors which I don't need, in
my spares bin but no brackets. I think I used the bracket on my old MTB
to guard against the straddle cable catching the knobs on the tyre.

It is currently touch and go whether or not I'll be going to BikeFest.
If I get a job lined up and can do my LEJOG, that's what I'll be doing.
If not I'll go to BikeFest on whatever time I can spare (with no job
I'll have tons of time).

--

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:30:10 GMT, MSeries
<[email protected]>:

> > You'll just have to pop round and have a rummage in my spares bin, then.

>Its a long way to go Guy,

And that's my fault? ;-)

MSeries wrote:

> Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
> fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
> have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
> I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
> get me started.

[going OT] Front reflectors are near-useless, but the brackets are good
on MTBs with cantilever brakes (if any still exist). If the main cable
brakes the straddle wire gets caught on the bracket instead of your
knobblies.

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
> fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
> have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
> I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
> get me started.
>
> skank martin at hotmail dot com

I have what I think your looking for on my commuter. And I was
thinking of ditching it anyway as its not needed due to my handlebar
mounted flasher and niMh lights. Its a L shaped brackety thing with
attached front reflector.. Free to a good home if you E-mail me your
address.
Iain

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached to the
> fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ? Do you still
> have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to my latest project ?
> I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps, just need a proper bracket to
> get me started.
>
> skank martin at hotmail dot com

I have such a thing. I was thinking about ditching it anyway. So free

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>
>> Did you ever get a new bike fitted with a front reflector attached
>> to the fork at the brake fixing point ? You removed the reflector ?
>> Do you still have the metal bracket ? Would you like to donate it to
>> my latest project ? I am prototyping a bracket for my front lamps,
>> just need a proper bracket to get me started.

> [going OT] Front reflectors are near-useless, but the brackets are
> good
> on MTBs with cantilever brakes (if any still exist). If the main
> cable brakes the straddle wire gets caught on the bracket instead of
> your knobblies.

Yes I know, thats where my bracket went, then the whole bike went.