WANTED - full pink kit

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by [email protected], Jun 6, 2008.

  1. Due to the improved weather where I live in the mountains of NC and
    increased
    frequency of my bike commuting to work, more than a few of my
    colleagues have seen me in my cycling gear and I've received a bit of
    good-natured ribbing about my spandex, bright jerseys, etc.

    Well, this afternoon, some co-workers got hold of my Blackberry and
    sent a joke email (which appeared to come from me) asking if anyone
    knew of suppliers for hot pink cycling shorts. I followed up (all in
    good fun) with an educational cycling email about Alberto Contador,
    the Maglia Rosa, the Tour of Italy, etc.

    We all got some good laughs as the pink/spandex/cycling-themed emails
    proceeded to be sent around the office all afternoon. At some point,
    even the Vice President of my division emailed from wherever he is on
    VACATION and said that from now on, I'm to be known as "Pink." Sorta
    remined me of the Seineld episode where George wanted to be known as T-
    Bone and ended up as "Koko."

    Anyhow, I presume there is some additional humor attached to this
    because I am a heterosexual male.

    In order to get the last laugh, I REALLLY want to find a FULL PINK KIT
    that I could either borrow for the purpose of show only (and return
    completely clean, of course) or buy very cheaply.

    Little help from anyone out there?

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  3. On Jun 6, 9:51 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]m...
    >

    > > In order to get the last laugh, I REALLLY want to find a FULL PINK KIT
    > > that I could either borrow  for the purpose of show only (and return
    > > completely clean, of course) or buy very cheaply.

    > > Little help from anyone out there?

    > http://www.tscyclingusa.com/product.php?productid=730&cat=1&page=3

    Nice -- but my budget in support of a little office humor doesn't run
    quite that high ;)

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    You can look for your size for bicycle jerseys on Ebay - there are some
    there. It will be almost impossible to find pink bicycle shorts though.

  5. On Jun 6, 10:28 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    > You can look for your size for bicycle jerseys on Ebay - there are some
    > there. It will be almost impossible to find pink bicycle shorts though.
    >
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]m...
    > On Jun 6, 9:51 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    >
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > >news:[email protected]m...

    > > > In order to get the last laugh, I REALLLY want to find a FULL PINK KIT
    > > > that I could either borrow for the purpose of show only (and return
    > > > completely clean, of course) or buy very cheaply.

    > > > Little help from anyone out there?

    > >http://www.tscyclingusa.com/product.php?productid=730&cat=1&page=3

    > Nice -- but my budget in support of a little office humor doesn't run
    > quite that high ;)

    i got a black and pink kit i could sell for $50. it is really nice.
    send me an email and i can send you the picture of it
    sales at bikingthings dot com

  6. The ladies in my club have recently bulk-ordered some plain, VERY pink
    jerseys. That's not the whole kit, of course, but a major start. If by some
    miracle you're small enough to fit into a women's small, my frequent riding
    partner is selling hers, unworn; I think it's $32. She found it a little
    snug, despite being rather petite.

    Art