Perhaps I could have been a bit clearer on this.
I am looking for a quill stem that positions the bars about
19cm higher than the headset (I know that is a lot so I will
probably have to compromise). It needs to be designed for an
MTB cos MTBs have require of quill of 25.4mm diameter
whereas a road bikes stem is usually only 22mm or so.
I have searched the Edinburgh, Gearshift, SJS and Wiggle
catalogues - without luck. It is mostly all Ahead stuff
now. I long MTB quill with very little reach is very dated
which is why I am asking if someone might have one in their
spares box.
many thanks
Davy
"Davy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:L-KdnfpIb4p-5i3dRVn-
[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I need to raise the handlebars of my mountain bike by
about 9cm and
shorten
Quoted message said:the reach by about the same. Does anybody have in their
bits box a long quill stem with very little
reach
Quoted message said:that would fit a mountain bike's 1" 25.4mm threaded forks?
If so, say how much you would want for it. Alternatively I
could swap for the rather nice stainless steel Zoom quill
stem that is on the bike. It
is
Quoted message said:short so has no upward adjustment; reach of about 14cm and
a rise of about 5cm.
Watch the spam trap if replying offline.
many thanks
Davy