Wanted: Lumicycle cable tie base to buy or swap for QR

Pete Biggs

Guest
Wanted: One or two bases (little feet things) that screw into bottom of
Lumicycle halogen lamps to take cable ties.

I'm willing to either pay or swap for a Lumicycle halogen Quick Release
bracket. I also have a second QR if you'd like to buy one in addition.

Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc with what you have and what you want.

cheers
~PB

"Pete Biggs" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Wanted: One or two bases (little feet things) that screw into bottom of
> Lumicycle halogen lamps to take cable ties.
>
> I'm willing to either pay or swap for a Lumicycle halogen Quick Release
> bracket. I also have a second QR if you'd like to buy one in addition.
>
> Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc with what you have and what you want.

I presume from this that you've (a) asked lumicycle already and/or (b)
bought the quick release and found them totally useless?

Just interested from another lumi owner.

(Personally, I've found their service excellent, and would be surprised they
don't have some of these availalbe as spares).

Nick

elyob wrote:
> "Pete Biggs" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Wanted: One or two bases (little feet things) that screw into
>> bottom of Lumicycle halogen lamps to take cable ties.
>>
>> I'm willing to either pay or swap for a Lumicycle halogen Quick
>> Release bracket. I also have a second QR if you'd like to buy one
>> in addition.
>>
>> Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc with what you have and what you want.

> I presume from this that you've (a) asked lumicycle already

Not yet. I won't bother them or spend any more than I need to if I can do
a straight swap with a user who'd like "upgrade" to QRs. Don't put them
off! :)

> and/or (b)
> bought the quick release and found them totally useless?

In fact I own both a pair of cable tie bases and a pair of QRs. The QRs
work OK but I prefer the minimal bulk & weight of cable ties. I want
another cable tie thingie because I'm getting another lamp -- not a Lumi
but a homemade MR16 job with a QR.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

> I'm willing to either pay or swap for a Lumicycle halogen Quick Release
> bracket. I also have a second QR if you'd like to buy one in addition.

I'd happily swap. I have one zip-tie mounted light

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune

elyob wrote:

> I presume from this that you've (a) asked lumicycle already and/or (b)
> bought the quick release and found them totally useless?

What's wrong with them? I have two and they work fine.

in message <[email protected]>, elyob
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Pete Biggs" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:[email protected]...
>> Wanted: One or two bases (little feet things) that screw into bottom
>> of Lumicycle halogen lamps to take cable ties.
>>
>> I'm willing to either pay or swap for a Lumicycle halogen Quick
>> Release
>> bracket. I also have a second QR if you'd like to buy one in
>> addition.
>>
>> Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc with what you have and what you want.

> I presume from this that you've (a) asked lumicycle already and/or (b)
> bought the quick release and found them totally useless?

My experiences of the Lumicycle quick releases is that they're extremely
good - they work very well for me, both on my mountain bikes and on my
road bike.

.::;===r==\
/ /___||___\____
//==\- ||- | /__\( MS Windows IS an operating environment.
//____\__||___|_// \|: C++ IS an object oriented programming language.
\__/ ~~~~~~~~~ \__/ Citroen 2cv6 IS a four door family saloon.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> elyob wrote:
>
>> I presume from this that you've (a) asked lumicycle already and/or (b)
>> bought the quick release and found them totally useless?

> What's wrong with them? I have two and they work fine.

I dunno, it was an implied answer. I have heard that most people just prefer
the zip tie despite them looking flimsy. Certainly i've found the zip tie
solution more than adequate.

Both QRs gone.

Arthur, please email your postal address to me if you didn't get my email.

cheers
~PB