Wanted: Marzocchi Z2 Bomber seals

David

Guest
I have a 1997 Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork that needs seals (the left is leaking
from the top). Anyone have a set of seals they'd like to sell or care to
point me to anyone who does?

Thanks,

David
[email protected]
Ottawa, ON, Canada

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a 1997 Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork that needs seals (the left is

leaking
> from the top). Anyone have a set of seals they'd like to sell or care to
> point me to anyone who does?

Your LBS probably deals with Norco, who distribute parts for Marzocchi in
Canada. The seals are listed in their cataolgue as part 229715-12 for the
30mm diameter, which I think is the correct diameter. You should probably
also do the bushings as well for another $40 in parts. Don't forget to order
new oil as well.

Contact me off-list if your LBS isn't working for you and I can order and
ship to you.

Check here for fork manuals:
http://www.wrower.pl/instrukcje/index.php#Marzocchi

Good luck,
Blake

In article <[email protected]>,
"B Paton" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have a 1997 Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork that needs seals (the left is

> leaking
> > from the top). Anyone have a set of seals they'd like to sell or care to
> > point me to anyone who does?
> >

> Your LBS probably deals with Norco, who distribute parts for Marzocchi in
> Canada. The seals are listed in their cataolgue as part 229715-12 for the
> 30mm diameter, which I think is the correct diameter. You should probably
> also do the bushings as well for another $40 in parts. Don't forget to order
> new oil as well.
>
> Contact me off-list if your LBS isn't working for you and I can order and
> ship to you.
>
> Check here for fork manuals:
> http://www.wrower.pl/instrukcje/index.php#Marzocchi

Another very good alternative is Enduro seals, which many riders swear
by. I bought my set from the Angry Asian, James Huang (angryasian.com),
but if he doesn't have any, this site does:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html

$20 for wipers and seals, can't beat it, and the set I have work great.

I should add that I don't put a huge amount of mileage on my mountain
bike. I've ridden it hard, but not frequently.

"Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rcousine-> Another
very good alternative is Enduro seals, which many riders swear
> by. I bought my set from the Angry Asian, James Huang (angryasian.com),
> but if he doesn't have any, this site does:
>
> http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html
>
> $20 for wipers and seals, can't beat it, and the set I have work great.

Two great sites, lotsa manuals/info for download, too!

I'd forgotten about the Enduro option--too bad they don't have lower-cost
bushings as well. The Marzocchi bushings seem quite expensive for a simple
metal sleeve with a lip, but I don't see anybody else producing them for
less.