Wanted pair of wheels

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alan Holmes, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    The bike is a Sovereign folding bike and had a Sturmey Archer gear.

    So, does anyone either have a pair they wish to dispose of, or tell me where
    I can obtain them.

    Alan

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Alan Holmes wrote:
    > The bike is a Sovereign folding bike and had a Sturmey Archer gear.
    >
    > So, does anyone either have a pair they wish to dispose of, or tell me where
    > I can obtain them.

    What size do you need? What do the existing ones say on the tyre.

    ...d

    > Alan

  3. David Martin wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Alan Holmes wrote:
    > > The bike is a Sovereign folding bike and had a Sturmey Archer gear.
    > > So, does anyone either have a pair they wish to dispose of, or tell me where
    > > I can obtain them.

    > What size do you need? What do the existing ones say on the tyre.

    ah, can't help you there. He had to leave them chained to the fence :eek:)

    HTH

  4. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Alan Holmes wrote:
    >> The bike is a Sovereign folding bike and had a Sturmey Archer gear.
    >>
    >> So, does anyone either have a pair they wish to dispose of, or tell me
    >> where
    >> I can obtain them.

    > What size do you need? What do the existing ones say on the tyre.

    Unfortunately the wheels were stolen by some french scum, and the tyres went
    with them!

    I've measured the frame and the wheel is approximately 20 inches overall
    diameter.

    Alan

  5. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Alan Holmes wrote:
    > "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Alan Holmes wrote:
    > >> The bike is a Sovereign folding bike and had a Sturmey Archer gear.
    > >>
    > >> So, does anyone either have a pair they wish to dispose of, or tell me
    > >> where
    > >> I can obtain them.

    > > What size do you need? What do the existing ones say on the tyre.

    > Unfortunately the wheels were stolen by some french scum, and the tyres went
    > with them!
    >
    > I've measured the frame and the wheel is approximately 20 inches overall
    > diameter.

    can you measure accurately[1] from the axle bolt centre to the brake
    blocks? That should give a clue. It is probably easier to do this on
    the front wheel.

    I have two shopper bikes in the garage, the front wheels of which are
    on the trailer. I'll happily post you whichever for the cost of
    postage, but will need some idea of the size in order to send you the
    right one.

    ...d