Wanted: Source for Rolf nipples

Charles Smith

Guest
My second hand Rolf wheels had some spoke damage and I managed to get some spokes
from a Trek dealer but not the nipples. The spokes I got were 14 gauge and the
original were 15 gauge. These were the original Rolf/Trek wheels. Mine are are
Vector Pro. Source?

Charles

--
Catamaran racing is like being a kid: Wide Eyes, Big Smile, Wet Bottom

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:52:36 -0500, Charles Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>My second hand Rolf wheels had some spoke damage and I managed to get some spokes
>from a Trek dealer but not the nipples. The spokes I got were 14 gauge and the
>original were 15 gauge. These were the original Rolf/Trek wheels. Mine are are
>Vector Pro. Source?
>
>Charles

Cane Creek Crono wheel use a similar nipple. It's shorter and silver,
but otherwise looks identical.

In a pinch I've used normal nipples, turned upside down inside the
rim. I've used a thread lock, considering the original is a nylock
insert.

If you have Vector Pros, Trek still has these nipples in stock and your local dealer can order them. I do it in my shop all the time. I don't know the part number off the top of my head, but your dealer should have it in their catalog or can easily call Trek. You can even email Trek yourself and they will give you the part numbers you need and you can take that to the dealer, but try to only do that if your shop is being uncooperative, and then find a new shop.

ahimsa wrote:
> If you have Vector Pros, Trek still has these nipples in stock and
> your local dealer can order them. I do it in my shop all the time. I
> don't know the part number off the top of my head, but your dealer
> should have it in their catalog or can easily call Trek. You can even
> email Trek yourself and they will give you the part numbers you need
> and you can take that to the dealer, but try to only do that if your
> shop is being uncooperative, and then find a new shop.

Yes and they charge an arm and a leg for them too. By the time they get to
for instance Sweden we have to pay app. $10 each for the Vector Pro Nipples.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Per Elmsäter said:
ahimsa wrote:
> If you have Vector Pros, Trek still has these nipples in stock and
> your local dealer can order them. I do it in my shop all the time. I
> don't know the part number off the top of my head, but your dealer
> should have it in their catalog or can easily call Trek. You can even
> email Trek yourself and they will give you the part numbers you need
> and you can take that to the dealer, but try to only do that if your
> shop is being uncooperative, and then find a new shop.

Yes and they charge an arm and a leg for them too. By the time they get to
for instance Sweden we have to pay app. $10 each for the Vector Pro Nipples.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.
Well, Sweden is an awful long way from Wisconsin. And your bike shop has a hand in that pricing as well.