wanted: spare lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon

I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due to
physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still I had
to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I am all
geared up and heading out.
1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal ways.
Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem reasonable..........15
minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear within my chest. So I stop,
cough up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on. The rest of the day
went well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as such. Result: A day spent in the
saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of 42.28 miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness
and a huge grin from ear to ear.

This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite fitness but I have not ridden
for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So personally I think I done bloody
well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.

Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

--
***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
Tau-Designs.co.uk

Simon wrote:

>1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and
> bridal ways.
>
>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
>
Hmmm... The bike he loves, riding it down the BRIDAL path. How sweet.

Simon, I think you meant "bridle"

Miles

Simon wrote:
> I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due to
> physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still I
> had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I
> am all geared up and heading out.
> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
> within my chest.

Have my lungs. They're ****ed.

ps - sigs should be a maximum of five lines.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:24:31 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due to
>physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still I
>had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I
>am all geared up and heading out.
>1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
> within my chest. So I stop, cough up what can only be described as not of this earth and then
> carry on. The rest of the day went well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as
> such. Result: A day spent in the saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of 42.28 miles, legs
> feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>
>This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite fitness but I have not ridden
>for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So personally I think I done
>bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>
>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

Good ride Simon! since when is 42 miles a "naff"<==WTF does that mean?

Peace, Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Simon wrote:
>
> >1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network
of
> >towpaths and bridal ways.
> >
> >Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
> >
> Hmmm... The bike he loves, riding it down the BRIDAL path. How sweet.
>
> Simon, I think you meant "bridle"
>
>
> Miles
>
>

Touching isn't it. A boy and his bike. Awwww!

Mike

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>
> 15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
within my chest. So I stop, cough
> up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on.
<snip>
> next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>
> Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

Just don't take any photos of the things you cough up and we'll look forward to seeing them :)

Trentus

Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<sbipped good work>

> This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite
fitness
> but I have not ridden for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So
> personally I think I done bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are
> interested.

If only you'd have made 42.29 miles, we'd be well impressed.

Shaun aRe - Too fooked ATM to ride that far.

you can have mine but since i have cystic fibrosis, i think i shall have the last laugh!

panda

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge
to
> go out riding. Due to physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take
> things easy, but still I had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost
> and so 45 minutes later I am all geared up and heading out.
> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs
are
> on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear within my chest. So I stop,
cough
> up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on. The rest of the day went
> well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as such. Result: A day spent in the
> saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of
> miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>
> This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite
fitness
> but I have not ridden for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So
> personally I think I done bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are
> interested.
>
> Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
>
> --
> *************************************************
> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> *************************************************
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
views
> or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk

Bill Wheeler wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:24:31 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due to
>>physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still I
>>had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I
>>am all geared up and heading out.
>> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
>> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
>> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
>> within my chest. So I stop, cough up what can only be described as not of this earth and then
>> carry on. The rest of the day went well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as
>> such. Result: A day spent in the saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of
>>42.28 miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>>
>>This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite fitness but I have not ridden
>>for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So personally I think I done
>>bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>>
>>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
>
> Good ride Simon! since when is 42 miles a "naff"<==WTF does that mean?
>

'naff all' as in clog all, bugger all fu*k all. I have done clog all today = I have done
nothing today.

naff on its own is something different.

from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

naff adjective BRITISH SLANG not stylish or fashionable, and therefore worthless He was wearing
incredibly naff trousers in an awful bright colour. The way she sings is so naff, don't you think?

D_D

"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:24:31 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge
to
> >go out riding. Due to physical limitations (recovering from broken back)
I
> >knew I had to take things easy, but still I had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a
> >full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I am all geared up and heading out.
> >1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network
of
> >towpaths and bridal ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I
set
> >off at a pace I would deem reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs
are
> >on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear within my chest. So I stop,
cough
> >up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on. The rest of the day went
> >well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as such. Result: A day spent in the
> >saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of
> >miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from
ear
> >to ear.
> >
> >This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite
fitness
> >but I have not ridden for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So
> >personally I think I done bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that
> >are interested.
> >
> >Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
>
> Good ride Simon! since when is 42 miles a "naff"<==WTF does that mean?
>
> Peace, Bill
>

42 miles is no "naff" to me. The longest mtnbikeride I ever did was 39 miles. And that was for
charity. (That white/blue/black jersey I'm wearing on my website was my prize for raising $500.) And
yes, I was VERY tired.

--
Cameron

"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|
| Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
|
| <sbipped good work>
|
| > This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite
| fitness
| > but I have not ridden for a year now due to injury and I live with a
girl
| > that smokes. So personally I think I done bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos
| > for those that are interested.
|
| If only you'd have made 42.29 miles, we'd be well impressed.
|
|
| Shaun aRe - Too fooked ATM to ride that far.
|
Shall go for it next ride.

Simon

"Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|
| "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]... <snip>
| > 15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains
appear
| within my chest. So I stop, cough
| > up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on.
| <snip>
| > next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
| >
| > Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
|
| Just don't take any photos of the things you cough up and we'll look
forward
| to seeing them :)
|
| Trentus
|
OOooooooh damn will have to shoot a whole new reel of film now!

"Sam Bixby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> you can have mine but since i have cystic fibrosis, i think i shall have
the
> last laugh!
>
> panda
>

"I used to complain about having no shoes until I met a man with no feet."

Mike - So I took his, not like he needed 'em.......WHAT?!!!!!

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:43:29 +0000, D_D <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:24:31 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due
>>>to physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still
>>>I had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later
>>>I am all geared up and heading out.
>>> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
>>> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
>>> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
>>> within my chest. So I stop, cough up what can only be described as not of this earth and then
>>> carry on. The rest of the day went well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness
>>> as such. Result: A day spent in the saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of
>>>42.28 miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>>>
>>>This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of shite fitness but I have not ridden
>>>for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So personally I think I done
>>>bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>>>
>>>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
>>
>> Good ride Simon! since when is 42 miles a "naff"<==WTF does that mean?
>>
>
>'naff all' as in clog all, bugger all fu*k all. I have done clog all today = I have done
>nothing today.
>
>naff on its own is something different.
>
>from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
>
>naff adjective BRITISH SLANG not stylish or fashionable, and therefore worthless He was wearing
>incredibly naff trousers in an awful bright colour. The way she sings is so naff, don't you think?
>
>D_D

Gracias amigo!

Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
|
| "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| >
| >
| > Simon wrote:
| >
| > >1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network
| of
| > >towpaths and bridal ways.
| > >
| > >Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
| > >
| > Hmmm... The bike he loves, riding it down the BRIDAL path. How sweet.
| >
| > Simon, I think you meant "bridle"
| >
| >
| > Miles
| >
| >
|
| Touching isn't it. A boy and his bike. Awwww!
|
| Mike
|
Yes I really do love my bike.

Simon

Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Sam Bixby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > you can have mine but since i have cystic fibrosis, i think i shall have
> the
> > last laugh!
> >
> > panda
> >
>
> "I used to complain about having no shoes until I met a man with no feet."
>
> Mike - So I took his, not like he needed 'em.......WHAT?!!!!!

On the beer again MD?

Shaun aRe - don't need it.

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >'naff all' as in clog all, bugger all fu*k all. I have done clog all
today =
> >I have done nothing today.
> >
> >naff on its own is something different.
> >
> >from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
> >
> >naff adjective BRITISH SLANG not stylish or fashionable, and therefore worthless He was
> >wearing incredibly naff trousers in an awful bright colour. The way she sings is so naff,
> >don't you think?
> >
> >D_D
>

"Gracias amigo!"

WTF does that mean, some shitty Merkin' slang or summat?

Shaun aRe

Status
Not open for further replies.