WANTED: Tandem

jrisles

Guest
Hi Guys

Anyone here looking at selling their tandem? Or at the very least know
someone that has a tandem and are looking to sell it??

Please let me know. I am desperately trying to source a good second hand
tandem to purchase.

regards Jeff Brisbane

--

jrisles wrote:
> Hi Guys
> Anyone here looking at selling their tandem? Or at the very least know
> someone that has a tandem and are looking to sell it??
> Please let me know. I am desperately trying to source a good second hand
> tandem to purchase.
> regards Jeff Brisbane

bit out of your territory but perhaps worth a try

the pegasus crew (brighton, Melbourne) sells and hires tandems and do
2nd hand stuff too

--

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:45:02 +0000, jrisles wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> Anyone here looking at selling their tandem? Or at the very least know
> someone that has a tandem and are looking to sell it??
>
> Please let me know. I am desperately trying to source a good second hand
> tandem to purchase.

We got ours from the classifides of Australian Cyclist (magazine)

How much money were you thinking of spending ?

Bikelink(?) was selling an entry-level tandem for a bit over $1200.
We paid $500 for ours, but since then just about the only thing original
is the frame.

Doing it again, I might have been better off buying one from Perth.

*shrug*

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: [email protected])

Thanks for the ebay link Hippy. I have setup a few automated searches
within ebay and i received this last night. I have emailed the seller to
see what year and model (ie. RT1000 or RT3000) of tandem it is. I have
not yet heard back from him.

As for cost i am prepared to spend up to $3500.00 for a tandem. All that
i have read about KHS tandems they tend to be more of an entry level
tandem with not so good componentry.

cheers guys

regards Jeff

--

"jrisles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for the ebay link Hippy. I have setup a few automated searches
> within ebay and i received this last night. I have emailed the seller to
> see what year and model (ie. RT1000 or RT3000) of tandem it is. I have
> not yet heard back from him.
>
> As for cost i am prepared to spend up to $3500.00 for a tandem. All that
> i have read about KHS tandems they tend to be more of an entry level
> tandem with not so good componentry.
>
> cheers guys
>
> regards Jeff
>

> --

Some time ago I got an email from that Chinese place that does Titanium
frames.
They do a Titanium Tandem frame for US$750 (2002 price).

I've posted pictures from the email on my website so you can have a look.
http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Tandem/Tandem.htm

Marty