WANTED: Tandem

jrisles

New Member
May 8, 2004
Hi Guys

Anyone here looking at selling their tandem? Or at the very least know someone that has a tandem and are looking to sell it??

Please let me know. I am desperately trying to source a good second hand tandem to purchase.

regards
Jeff
Brisbane

Originally posted by jrisles
Hi Guys

Anyone here looking at selling their tandem? Or at the very least know someone that has a tandem and are looking to sell it??

Please let me know. I am desperately trying to source a good second hand tandem to purchase.

regards
Jeff
Brisbane

bit out of your territory but perhaps worth a try

the pegasus crew (brighton, Melbourne) sells and hires tandems and do 2nd hand stuff too

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:45:02 +0000, jrisles wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> Anyone here looking at selling their tandem? Or at the
> very least know someone that has a tandem and are looking
> to sell it??
>
> Please let me know. I am desperately trying to source a
> good second hand tandem to purchase.

We got ours from the classifides of Australian Cyclist
(magazine)

How much money were you thinking of spending ?

Bikelink(?) was selling an entry-level tandem for a bit over
$1200. We paid $500 for ours, but since then just about the
only thing original is the frame.

Doing it again, I might have been better off buying one
from Perth.

*shrug*

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner, (mailto: [email protected])
http://MadDogsBreakfast.com/ABFAQ - news:aus.bicycle

Thanks for the ebay link Hippy. I have setup a few automated searches within ebay and i received this last night. I have emailed the seller to see what year and model (ie. RT1000 or RT3000) of tandem it is. I have not yet heard back from him.

As for cost i am prepared to spend up to $3500.00 for a tandem. All that i have read about KHS tandems they tend to be more of an entry level tandem with not so good componentry.

cheers guys

regards
Jeff

"jrisles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for the ebay link Hippy. I have setup a few
> automated searches within ebay and i received this last
> night. I have emailed the seller to see what year and
> model (ie. RT1000 or RT3000) of tandem it is. I have not
> yet heard back from him.
>
> As for cost i am prepared to spend up to $3500.00 for a
> tandem. All that i have read about KHS tandems they tend
> to be more of an entry level tandem with not so good
> componentry.
>
> cheers guys
>
> regards Jeff
>

> --

Some time ago I got an email from that Chinese place that
does Titanium frames. They do a Titanium Tandem frame for
US$750 (2002 price).

I've posted pictures from the email on my website so you can
have a look. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Tandem/Tandem.htm

Marty