Wanted to buy nice touring bike!!

Bodhi Durant

May 19, 2013
Looking for well taken care of newer touring bike to tour 4-14 day rides. Ultra reliable & fun to ride!! Let me know if you have or know a bike that needs a new home!

Price is available for any ride in good shape within reason

You can theoretically tour with almost ANY bike (okay, a Time Trial bike may be a bit uncomfortable & a BMX bike's tire size may make the gearing limiting for an adult, so "ANY" is admittedly a little too broad of a qualifier ...) ...

• the tire size which a frame can accommodate is a key component which 'I' would consider ...
  • being able to attach a rear rack + water bottle cages would be beneficial, but not necessary ...

Without more specificity (e.g., your height/weight, loaded touring vs. trailer touring vs. supported touring, etc.), 'I' think that if you want a "newer" touring bike then you may as well just pony up for a new one ...

So, you should probably just go to a TREK dealer and buy a Trek 520 ...

• the FUJI Touring bike is an excellent alternative ...
  • or, the SURLY LONG HAUL TREKKER if you want a semi-custom bike
If nothing else, use one-or-all of those as benchmarks for what you should look for IN THE FRAME-and-FORK.

Cannondale Synapse Alloy 7 is a new touring bike in the market. This is a newer model of Cannondale touring bikes. It does not have the reputation of elite touring bikes since it is new in the market but it is still ideal for touring. If you find anybody who wants to sell this type of bike then you must buy it.