Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jay, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)

    I have fairly small feet and I am thinking about summer riding. Usually I have just worn Teva
    (velcro fabric straps) sandals while riding. This year I prefer to wear clipless sandals.

    Is there a place to start looking for small size SPD sandals at a reasonable price? ( women's 6
    / youth 4)

    Is this the type of thing that I may be able to convert (stiff soles, exacto knife and
    perseverance)?

    Tags:

  2. HostelShoppe.com carries a 37-38 (Women's 6.5-7) in Shimano SPD pedals. Since sandals are more
    forgiving than shoes, it might work...?

    Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BA9FAE31.637B%[email protected]>...
    > Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)
    >
    > I have fairly small feet and I am thinking about summer riding. Usually I have just worn Teva
    > (velcro fabric straps) sandals while riding. This year I prefer to wear clipless sandals.
    >
    > Is there a place to start looking for small size SPD sandals at a reasonable price? ( women's 6 /
    > youth 4)
    >
    > Is this the type of thing that I may be able to convert (stiff soles, exacto knife and
    > perseverance)?

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    >> Jay <[email protected]> wrote: Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)
    >>
    >> I have fairly small feet and I am thinking about summer riding. Usually I have just worn Teva
    >> (velcro fabric straps) sandals while riding. This year I prefer to wear clipless sandals.
    >>
    >> Is there a place to start looking for small size SPD sandals at a reasonable price? ( women's 6 /
    >> youth 4)
    >>
    >> Is this the type of thing that I may be able to convert (stiff soles, exacto knife and
    >> perseverance)?

    >Chris Champion at [email protected] wrote: HostelShoppe.com carries a 37-38 (Women's 6.5-7)
    >in Shimano SPD pedals. Since sandals are more forgiving than shoes, it might work...?

    Thanks. My current shoes -running shoe style Shimano 39 -skateboard running shoe 40

  4. Alan Weiss

    Alan Weiss Guest

  5. Aconst

    Aconst Guest

    Temp unlurk. I always used to enjoy riding my Vision R50 USS w/ sandals until I experienced front
    wheel/foot interference on a tight turn. Took my big toe-nail right off. Ouch. Now I only use
    riding shoes.