Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)

Jay

Guest
Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)

I have fairly small feet and I am thinking about summer riding. Usually I have just worn Teva
(velcro fabric straps) sandals while riding. This year I prefer to wear clipless sandals.

Is there a place to start looking for small size SPD sandals at a reasonable price? ( women's 6
/ youth 4)

Is this the type of thing that I may be able to convert (stiff soles, exacto knife and
perseverance)?

HostelShoppe.com carries a 37-38 (Women's 6.5-7) in Shimano SPD pedals. Since sandals are more
forgiving than shoes, it might work...?

Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BA9FAE31.637B%[email protected]>...
> Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)
>
> I have fairly small feet and I am thinking about summer riding. Usually I have just worn Teva
> (velcro fabric straps) sandals while riding. This year I prefer to wear clipless sandals.
>
> Is there a place to start looking for small size SPD sandals at a reasonable price? ( women's 6 /
> youth 4)
>
> Is this the type of thing that I may be able to convert (stiff soles, exacto knife and
> perseverance)?

>> Jay <[email protected]> wrote: Wanted: To make or buy SPD sandals (small)
>>
>> I have fairly small feet and I am thinking about summer riding. Usually I have just worn Teva
>> (velcro fabric straps) sandals while riding. This year I prefer to wear clipless sandals.
>>
>> Is there a place to start looking for small size SPD sandals at a reasonable price? ( women's 6 /
>> youth 4)
>>
>> Is this the type of thing that I may be able to convert (stiff soles, exacto knife and
>> perseverance)?

>Chris Champion at [email protected] wrote: HostelShoppe.com carries a 37-38 (Women's 6.5-7)
>in Shimano SPD pedals. Since sandals are more forgiving than shoes, it might work...?

Thanks. My current shoes -running shoe style Shimano 39 -skateboard running shoe 40

Temp unlurk. I always used to enjoy riding my Vision R50 USS w/ sandals until I experienced front
wheel/foot interference on a tight turn. Took my big toe-nail right off. Ouch. Now I only use
riding shoes.