mds2076

Jul 27, 2004
Looking for a Trek Y5/Y3 preferably new old stock,
or 2nd hand if it hasn't been thrashed to death (the sort
of bike that gets strapped to roof racks just for show and
never gets ridden is ideal). I'd consider Y1 if the price is
low enough for me to upgrade the running gear. Frame must
be large size (I'm 6'2).
I will travel within a few hundred km of Sydney to look.

How much were you looking to spend? [size=-2]1 USD = 1.39775 AUD[/size][size=-2]1 AUD = 0.715437 USD [/size]

I've got one in "like NEW" condition. You'd have to pay for shipping from Northern California USA which probably be dear.

Judging from what I've seen on Ebay, knowing what they originally sold for,
knowing that these are old
models, and knowing that value of bikes deteriorates with age
I'd pay around US$400-500 or a bit more; depends on condition.
For an old stock Y bike new in box I'd
pay more of course.
There is a Y1 at the moment( Ebay item #3694394144) which would be perfect, but
it's not large frame and like so much stuff on Ebay they won't
sell outside the US. Can anyone tell me why this is?
It will be interesting
to see what the two Y3's, #3694531753 and #3694930172 go for.
I don't mind paying postage; surface mail is not that expensive. I've
had stuff sent from the US before.

rhairless said:
How much were you looking to spend? [size=-2]1 USD = 1.39775 AUD[/size][size=-2]1 AUD = 0.715437 USD [/size]

I've got one in "like NEW" condition. You'd have to pay for shipping from Northern California USA which probably be dear.

Still looking; obviously rhairless wants more than what they go for on Ebay. If you've got a bike to sell, say how much you want rather than ask what I'll offer.

mds2076 said:
Still looking; obviously rhairless wants more than what they go for on Ebay. If you've got a bike to sell, say how much you want rather than ask what I'll offer.

We have a Trek Y3 it is a little customized and in really good condition, but you would need to pay the shipping from canada. We are looking to get around $450 USD plus shipping costs. Let us know if you are interested and we will e-mail you pictures. E-mail us at [email protected]

Emailed you a few days ago but no reply. This is getting as bad as
Ebay.

lilvipr said:
We have a Trek Y3 it is a little customized and in really good condition, but you would need to pay the shipping from canada. We are looking to get around $450 USD plus shipping costs. Let us know if you are interested and we will e-mail you pictures. E-mail us at [email protected]

hello got your e-mail just waiting to get the pics uploaded as we had to borrow a camara and don't have the proper software to upload I will e-mail you tomorrow. IN the meantime can you e-mail me again with your e-mail address.