War at Last...B Happy

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
This group has been really testy for months leading up to the day the 1st Tomahawk went skyward into
Iraq. Cabin fever, an awful winter that made it look like we'd gone back into seeing Glaciers
forming in parts of America. An economic recession in the USA (which just happened to coincide with
G.W.Bush being ...sorta elected). Consumer confidence in the US economy in the toilet month after
month. Trike makers dropping their prices, BikeE going glug, the Space Shuttle disaster, America
still on edge after 9-11. It has been a really really negative period. Now that America is
FINALLY bombing the **** out of some country I'd have thought everyone here would be happy as
all heck, but no, everyone is now verbally attacking everyone else in this group. NOTE: looking
back no one has attacked C.C.Ryder yet, but it is open warfare on anyone who dares post anything
even remotely Un-Bent on the NG. Almost like we need to have another NG that everytime the rants
go NBC/OT the players involved get bumped off this NG and onto the 2nd NG. Even have THIS NG
Moderated to weed out NBC/OT. Only trouble is someone has to read every post b4 it gets added to
the NG and Moderators will be slashing their wrists when Siegel, Sherman and Dolan get going.

One good thing has been the use of NBC/OT prefix to let people know the post is NOT bent related,
but I figure most read the OT messages anyway.

As for my Subject Line re: B Happy. I figure that now that America is finally bombing someone and
Victory over Iraq is a foregone conclusion. When the war ends America will enter a period of
mourning and lots of solemn memorials and Patriotic scenes at Arlington. Then real economic growth
and prosperity across America (just before the next Presidential election...what a coincidence eh)
and G.W.Bush will be re-elected by a landslide vote.

Observation: having gone through this myself and history tends to return and bite. When Washington
finally demobilizes (most) of the troops from the Mid-East. America will REMAIN on a code Yellow for
quite some time, Washington will use this state of terrorist alert to Justify a massive budget
increase for Domestic security, our troops will get 1st choice at the thousands of new jobs in all
levels of the Police forces, Correctional facilities, Transportation Security officers, National
Guard #s will be boosted, CIA/FBI/NSA will intake more field personnel etc. You'll have a major
boost to the National economy with 200,000 returning Vets now working for Homeland security....also
reduces the # of PTS Syndome claims when you have a good paying job to return to where you get to
keep your body armour and a SMG. Would have been a lot of dead anti-war hippies in the early 70s had
our Vets been returning and walked through the Airports and Train stations totting our loaded M-16s.

Anyway the point is this, the War has begun and it will end soon. Old Glory will rise in Iraq...all
will start to look good again (economically) in America (especially if you are a Republican...and if
UR not there is always Attica).

So lets all get Happy, start to look on the bright side of life again and cheer up on this
NG....just remember that in 3 years we'll find ANOTHER country to invade and Nobody likes
France anyway!

My $ is on America taking the Philippines in 3 years a) because the USN wants to show off more than
it has in Iraq (it IS their turn) and b) the Philippines is fast going Muslim and anti-American. I
would however question America adding another State like Hawaii creamed in active Volcanoes, but
strategically it keeps North Korea on their toes knowing America can cream them with Cruise Missiles
sent from the Philippines.

Once in a while, Joshua, we damn well better say what we think on life-and-death issues and go with
our innate sense of right, wrong and survival. I have never in my life been polite to Jew baiters
and I have no intention of starting now that I'm 74.

I was born in the United States the same year Elie Wiesel was born in Budapest. The main difference
between us is he spent his teen years in a German murder camp and I spent mine in an American high
school. My stroke of luck was only because my grandparents emigrated from Budapest in 1898.

Get real.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> are a Republican...and if UR not there is
always
> Attica).
>
> So lets all get Happy, start to look on the bright side of life again and cheer up on this
> NG....just remember that in 3 years we'll find ANOTHER country to invade and Nobody likes
> France anyway!
>
> My $ is on America taking the Philippines in 3 years a) because the USN wants to show off more
> than it has in Iraq (it IS their turn) and b) the Philippines is fast going Muslim and
> anti-American. I would however
question
> America adding another State like Hawaii creamed in active Volcanoes, but strategically it keeps
> North Korea on their toes knowing America can cream them with Cruise Missiles sent from the

"Joshua Goldberg" skrev

> My $ is on America taking the Philippines in 3 years a) because the USN wants to show off more
> than it has in Iraq (it IS their turn) and b) the Philippines is fast going Muslim and
> anti-American. I would however question America adding another State like Hawaii creamed in active
> Volcanoes, but strategically it keeps North Korea on their toes knowing America can cream them
> with Cruise Missiles sent from the Philippines.

They could just barely hit the capital with a nucleartipped Tomahawk but if you want conventional
warheads you'd have to have the Seals paddle them the last 600 miles to Northkorea and carry them
inland. But at least you'd have the element of surprise.

M.

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

> This group has been really testy for months leading up to the day the 1st Tomahawk went skyward
> into Iraq....

Or the five Tomahawks that have accidentally landed in Saudi Arabia without exploding -
precision weapons?

> NOTE: looking back no one has attacked C.C.Ryder yet...

As long as she refrains from advocating running (operational) red lights.

> As for my Subject Line re: B Happy. I figure that now that America is finally bombing someone and
> Victory over Iraq is a foregone conclusion....

The same way Israel achieved victory after invading Lebanon in 1982? I foresee the creation on an
Iraqi version of Hezbollah that will be active as long as US and UK forces are in Iraq.

I don't think the Iraqi people care all that much about the U.S. being their rulers. Having Saddam
as their leader was a reason to be afraid...even though they won't openly admit it why Saddam is
still breathing. Saddam ****** off most of the Arab leaders and Iran would love to see Saddam gone
and a puppet government replace him. Iran is the country financing anti-American terrorism, but it
is not the Iranians strapping the nail heads in brown paper bags pushed flat and taped who are
boarding buses. The Palestinians are the ones who have lost all hope of a future and are willing to
off themselves. The Arab world does not like the Palestinian people very much and IF they would
devote as much $ to helping the Palestinians as they spend funding the suicide bombers...then the
Palestinians life would be better.

IMHO the Palestinians do NOT deserve a homeland of their own....BUT they should have one nonetheless
and Israel, the U.N. and all of the Arab countries should provide working capital for them to build
their lands up to self sufficiency.
----