War On Liberal America

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
The other week, the newspapers over here featured a story that left me totally shocked and lost for words. It concerned the humiliation of American prisoners within the U.S.A. Maybe some of the Americans on the forum will know more details of the incident but, in brief, it concerned a prison somewhere in the U.S.
The article featured some pics of American prisoners being paraded around the streets in their underwear while women guards smirked. Some of the prisoners were dressed in effeminate clothes they had been forced to wear (same as what took place in Iraq). There was also talk of reintroduction of chain gangs, even including children in the said state but I can't recall which one it was.
The article stated liberal Americans had been incensed by all of this so I thought I'd ask liberal Americans on this forum what they think of such situations. Other testimonies include accounts of prisoners being threatened by dogs or degraded and in schools, it was reported kids are disciplined with wooden paddles.
Is America turning back from respect for human rights and what can liberal Americans do to stop the process?

Carrera said:
The other week, the newspapers over here featured a story that left me totally shocked and lost for words. It concerned the humiliation of American prisoners within the U.S.A. Maybe some of the Americans on the forum will know more details of the incident but, in brief, it concerned a prison somewhere in the U.S.
The article featured some pics of American prisoners being paraded around the streets in their underwear while women guards smirked. Some of the prisoners were dressed in effeminate clothes they had been forced to wear (same as what took place in Iraq). There was also talk of reintroduction of chain gangs, even including children in the said state but I can't recall which one it was.
The article stated liberal Americans had been incensed by all of this so I thought I'd ask liberal Americans on this forum what they think of such situations. Other testimonies include accounts of prisoners being threatened by dogs or degraded and in schools, it was reported kids are disciplined with wooden paddles.
Is America turning back from respect for human rights and what can liberal Americans do to stop the process?
We still have cowboys and indians running around on the range too. Gangsters. Bang bang.
I seriously doubt that prisoners were paraded around the public streets. Do you have anything better to do over there? Got a link to this story?

Carrera said:

Say what! I don't think so at least I have not heard of anything to that effect.
Hell, there giving away vacations in American prisons on games shows as prizes.

I need to see if I can locate the story on the internet as there must be something. But I did see the photos in the newspapers over here and I was shocked by the incident. They dressed the prisoners up in pink underwear and linked them together in chains before parading the group around for a public spectacle. Obviously this didn't take place in New York but more than likely in some bible-belt state.

Colorado Ryder said:
We still have cowboys and indians running around on the range too. Gangsters. Bang bang.
I seriously doubt that prisoners were paraded around the public streets. Do you have anything better to do over there? Got a link to this story?

Carrera said:
I need to see if I can locate the story on the internet as there must be something. But I did see the photos in the newspapers over here and I was shocked by the incident. They dressed the prisoners up in pink underwear and linked them together in chains before parading the group around for a public spectacle. Obviously this didn't take place in New York but more than likely in some bible-belt state.
Another prime example of Carrera lunacy. It was a practice run for the May Day Parade. Where's Nurse Ratchett?

jhuskey said:
Say what! I don't think so at least I have not heard of anything to that effect.
Hell, there giving away vacations in American prisons on games shows as prizes.

I was about to say...I think your equivilent to the 'National Enquirer' is trying to stur **** up of the coat heels of the Cuban prison scandal.

There might be something in there about the Prison in Arizona...Liberals hate the warden there because he has taken away all of the weight equipment, only shows 2 channels on the TV system...Disney and The Weather Channel...This is so the prisoners do not watch anything violent and they can see how hot it will be for the next days work of breaking rocks and plowing fields. This man is a geneious. He has also dumped a ton of money into rehabilitation programs of teaching prisoners how to play piano, weave baskets...etc. His violent crime rate in the prison is almost non-existent and his prisoner return rate is incredibly low. Remeber that Arizona is a very strong conservative state and other states (Louisiana-Angola, New York-Sing Sing and California-San Quintin) have the most dangerous prisons in the world and all of these states are very liberal...you do the math...

Carrera said:

I am in a bible belt state and I would be shocked if it happedned here and I didn't hear about it.

Carrera said:
This is another rendition about the Maricopa County, AZ (Phoenix area) sheriff. They opened a new facility right next to the old one. He only allows the inmates pink underwear. Call the UN the criminals are having their rights violated. When they moved to the new facility he allowed the criminals to only wear their pink boxers. They didn't get paraded in the streets. They walked about 100 yards. The sheriff is very open to letting the press in to see everything.
Carrera obviously believes the criminals should be entitled to a life of luxury.

jaguar75 said:
Remeber that Arizona is a very strong conservative state and other states (Louisiana-Angola, New York-Sing Sing and California-San Quintin) have the most dangerous prisons in the world and all of these states are very liberal...you do the math...
Side note... did you just describe Louisanna as a "very liberal" state?

:confused:

jaguar75 said:
I was about to say...I think your equivilent to the 'National Enquirer' is trying to stur **** up of the coat heels of the Cuban prison scandal.

There might be something in there about the Prison in Arizona...Liberals hate the warden there because he has taken away all of the weight equipment, only shows 2 channels on the TV system...Disney and The Weather Channel...This is so the prisoners do not watch anything violent and they can see how hot it will be for the next days work of breaking rocks and plowing fields. This man is a geneious. He has also dumped a ton of money into rehabilitation programs of teaching prisoners how to play piano, weave baskets...etc. His violent crime rate in the prison is almost non-existent and his prisoner return rate is incredibly low. Remeber that Arizona is a very strong conservative state and other states (Louisiana-Angola, New York-Sing Sing and California-San Quintin) have the most dangerous prisons in the world and all of these states are very liberal...you do the math...
eyps..I think he refers to JOE ARPAIO...and he doesn't parade them in underwear...he just makes them wear pink underwear...

lokstah said:
Side note... did you just describe Louisanna as a "very liberal" state?

:confused:

My god its rediculous...I was born and raised here and just recently moved back. It is not the same place I left...the liberals have taken over.

Just because Bush won this state does not reflect its core. Just like Cali elected Arnold a strong republican, Cali is very much a Liberal state.

jaguar75 said:
My god its rediculous...I was born and raised here and just recently moved back. It is not the same place I left...the liberals have taken over.

Just because Bush won this state does not reflect its core. Just like Cali elected Arnold a strong republican, Cali is very much a Liberal state.
Well, I'm not going to go to my grave arguing with a Louisianna resident about the climate of his own home state, but I suspect that what you're characterizing as a "very liberal" quality, with liberals "taking over," is closer to a subtle tide of action from moderates; surface trends, maybe.

I mean, I don't doubt the state may be moving closer to the center in some respects, but I think it would be very difficult to present a convincing case for Louisianna possesing a liberal "core." You're making it sound as though Cajun Country may as well be Greenwich Village or Berkeley.

Arnold is a moderate, by the way. California is a moderately liberal state altogether.

lokstah said:
Well, I'm not going to go to my grave arguing with a Louisianna resident about the climate of his own home state, but I suspect that what you're characterizing as a "very liberal" quality, with liberals "taking over," is closer to a subtle tide of action from moderates; surface trends, maybe.

Arnold is a moderate, by the way. California is a moderately liberal state altogether.

Point taken about Cali...As per your own words...you know your state better than I...

I used to visit Cali very frequently when I was AA and one of my favorite places in the US is PSP. I have found the perfect blend of Desert and Mountains there....that is for another discussion.

Louisiana is a very interesting state. Jefferson and Orleans Parish's are where New Orleans and Metairie are, which is where most of the concentrated population of the state is. South of here you get into real cajun country where alot of theose folks speak only cajun french and really are in their own little country.

I mean, I don't doubt the state may be moving closer to the center in some respects, but I think it would be very difficult to present a convincing case for Louisianna possesing a liberal "core." You're making it sound as though Cajun Country may as well be Greenwich Village or Berkeley.

The Blacks in Orleans Parish are now the majority and a large percentage of them represent the DEM party. Jefferson Parish is the big suburb of N.O. where most of the money and ultimately the conservative bunch reside. This state is not a strong left but it is definately beyond the middle in that direction. It is not a trend either...it is an epidemic. This state is spiriling down to self destruction plauged by corruption and crime. I, as do most conservatives still here, equate this to the lax soft touch approach to crime that liberals tend to take.

jaguar75 said:
It is not a trend either...it is an epidemic. This state is spiriling down to self destruction plauged by corruption and crime. I, as do most conservatives still here, equate this to the lax soft touch approach to crime that liberals tend to take.
:) As a blazing liberal, I'll try not to take too much offense at this last bit.

jaguar75 said:
LOL...isn't the correct terminology 'flaming liberal'?
Somedays I blaze, others I flame. On occasion I'm simply a bleeding heart. At best, I'm a raging liberal; at my worst, I start thinking like a pragmatic centrist, at which point I log onto the Bloody Soapbox and get all riled up again.

Colorado Ryder said:
Do I need to throw a bucket of water on you?
So long as it was bottled directly at a hot mineral spring and is currently sold, overpriced, at yoga studios and oxygen bars.

lokstah said:
So long as it was bottled directly at a hot mineral spring and is currently sold, overpriced, at yoga studios and oxygen bars.
I can do oxygenated water if you prefer. Other than that you will burn.

Colorado Ryder said:
I can do oxygenated water if you prefer. Other than that you will burn.
Triple-filter it according to Marin County standards on dog-washing water purity, and we're good to go.