warfarin and increase of INR

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Uplbet, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Uplbet

    Uplbet Guest

    I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
    morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
    (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
    dosage as before.

    Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks in advance
    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

    Tags:

  2. I was told that the averaging time is 1 week. Another piece of info: When I had a tooth extracted, I
    was told to go off the warfarin four days in advance,

    :
    : Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks
    : in advance
    : --
    : uplbet (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Based on my experience with Coumadin, it will take more than a week, probably about 10 days, longer
    if you eat much green vegetables..

    --

    Herb
    Boulder, CO

    news:p[email protected]...

  4. uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    > Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
    > morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
    > (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
    > dosage as before.
    >
    > Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks
    > in advance

    Could be as soon as a few days.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD