warfarin and increase of INR

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Uplbet, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Uplbet

Uplbet Guest

I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
    morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
    (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
    dosage as before.

Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks in advance
    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

Tags:

2. I was told that the averaging time is 1 week. Another piece of info: When I had a tooth extracted, I
    was told to go off the warfarin four days in advance,

uplbet ([email protected]) wrote:
    : I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    : Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
    : morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
    : (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
    : dosage as before.
    :
    : Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks
    : in advance
    : --
    : uplbet (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

3. Herb

Herb Guest

Based on my experience with Coumadin, it will take more than a week, probably about 10 days, longer
    if you eat much green vegetables..

--

Herb
    Boulder, CO

"uplbet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target
    > INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    > Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem
    > that fortunately (this morning) has then been diagnosed as not
    > significant and not related with warfarin.
    > This morning (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was
    > told to resume warfarin, at the same dosage as before.
    >
    > Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR
    > over 2.0 again?
    > Thanks in advance
    > --
    > uplbet
    > (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

4. uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    > Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
    > morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
    > (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
    > dosage as before.
    >
    > Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks
    > in advance

Could be as soon as a few days.

--
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com