warfarin and increase of INR

Uplbet

Guest
I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
(tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
dosage as before.

Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks in advance
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

I was told that the averaging time is 1 week. Another piece of info: When I had a tooth extracted, I
was told to go off the warfarin four days in advance,

:
: Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks
: in advance
: --
: uplbet (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

Based on my experience with Coumadin, it will take more than a week, probably about 10 days, longer
if you eat much green vegetables..

--

Herb
Boulder, CO

news:p[email protected]...

uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
> Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem that fortunately (this
> morning) has then been diagnosed as not significant and not related with warfarin. This morning
> (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was told to resume warfarin, at the same
> dosage as before.
>
> Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR over 2.0 again? Thanks
> in advance

Could be as soon as a few days.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD